News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
OK, so I think of all the podcasts I have tried I like this one best, it doesn't just feel like two fans throwing random stuff at the wall. My only issue is....was I the only one dealing with sound quality issues? One host was very low and dropping out, the other was very loud and had terrible double echo when they turned their mic on. If they could figure that out I would listen all the time.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
OK, so I think of all the podcasts I have tried I like this one best, it doesn't just feel like two fans throwing random stuff at the wall. My only issue is....was I the only one dealing with sound quality issues? One host was very low and dropping out, the other was very loud and had terrible double echo when they turned their mic on. If they could figure that out I would listen all the time.

That's a bit of an issue. Edge was on vacation, Greg is using his phone and I have a Jabra external microphone. I am trying to play around a bit with the editing but it's difficult.

I sometimes am very loud when I start talking because I stutter and have to push myself to get over that hump without stuttering. And by doing so, I raise my voice.

Reactions: egelband

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
That's a bit of an issue. Edge was on vacation, Greg is using his phone and I have a Jabra external microphone. I am trying to play around a bit with the editing but it's difficult.

I sometimes am very loud when I start talking because I stutter and have to push myself to get over that hump without stuttering. And by doing so, I raise my voice.
Of course, again, I loved the content. If you know you are going to be louder maybe you can just adjust your inputs as needed, but I mean the harder part was the double echo in the background, and the other host being so low that I had to turn it up each time he spoke. I am sure you will get it figured out, and once you do, this would be my go to podcast. Just don't turn into what the others are, we don't need another couple of fans that call each other stupid, call the other podcasts stupid, and then spout their opinion which in 6 weeks is proven to be 100% wrong. If you think I am joking go listen to last years June podcasts from the usual suspects, they are literately wrong on every single thing they predicted/said....

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Of course, again, I loved the content. If you know you are going to be louder maybe you can just adjust your inputs as needed, but I mean the harder part was the double echo in the background, and the other host being so low that I had to turn it up each time he spoke. I am sure you will get it figured out, and once you do, this would be my go to podcast. Just don't turn into what the others are, we don't need another couple of fans that call each other stupid, call the other podcasts stupid, and then spout their opinion which in 6 weeks is proven to be 100% wrong. If you think I am joking go listen to last years June podcasts from the usual suspects, they are literately wrong on every single thing they predicted/said....

3 things I don't want to do on my podcast:

1. Yelling
2. Ruin the flow by stupid jokes
3. Call out people for having a different opinion

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know I have been absent from the discussions on this board over the past 12 months since my father past away.

This podcast was the jolt I needed to get back into the thick of things here at HFNYR.

Great work guys! @Amazing Kreiderman @Edge

My condolences. I am happy to have you back. And if you liked this episode, check out the other 7 we have. I have to warn you though. Episodes 1 and 2 aren't as amazing as the later ones since we didn't have an intro yet haha

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Really sorry to hear of your loss.

My condolences. I am happy to have you back. And if you liked this episode, check out the other 7 we have. I have to warn you though. Episodes 1 and 2 aren't as amazing as the later ones since we didn't have an intro yet haha

Condolences, I know it must be tough. We are here for you to lean on.

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
As I previously said... This podcast started 6 weeks ago and I never really knew what to expect. Hoping for 250 plays for each episode, we have an average of 600.

This latest episode his the 1.000 mark this morning. I am thrilled to see that we reached that 1k mark for a single episode and to do it with the one where @Edge was joining us, makes this an HFNYR achievement. Thanks to everyone who listened and shared.

View attachment 236465

Congrats Steve (@Amazing Kreiderman) and Greg (@GregSirico). Thanks guys for showing some love and helping the pod hit the 1k mark.

I have some PMs as well. I will do my best to respond when I am back from my trip.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The episode has reached 1280 plays which is great. Thanks everyone for listening, sharing and spreading the word.

We are recording a new episode today (No @Edge ) but he Edge will be back after the draft!

does that count include all the places its available? nice work

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Well, we upload on Soundcloud, and have it available on every other platform through RSS feed so the 1280 is all platforms. It's huge, since we average 400-600 per episode

I just have to say, I listen to every Ranger podcast through Spotify, there are about 5 of them I listen to on a weekly basis - and I think you guys have the best one hands down. I really look forward to it every week - helps the work day go quick. I've also been telling all my friends to listen to you guys! Really, keep up the great work.

BTW your opening theme is the best too :thumbu: I can't wait until the first episode you do for AFTER the draft !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln