News Article: 2-hour show of Under Review with HFNYR's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Imagine --

A Ranger podcast with no screaming, no cursing, no derogatory comments about others who disagree with your opinion. Just an intelligent discussion with the participants showing respect for others even if they disagree.

Why hasn't someone thought of this concept before?

Congratulations on a great podcast.

Yes bring back Edge and a big vote in favor of Joey Bones.

As annoying as it is to listen to your own voice, I listened this morning and I am pretty happy with the overall product. And yes, @Edge does sound like John Giannone :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You’re a good sport Bern.

I take the actual good with the usually inaccurate bad.
Turning into Ringo Starr in my old age, less the drumming ability...

"please remember peace is how we make it"....
"got to pay the dues if ya wanna sing the blues and
you know it don't come easy".

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Your voice is fine - though I would suggest using a compressor so that the volume levels of everyone is roughly consistent - you were much louder than Edge and Greg.

Yeah. I have to find a way to fix that. It's difficult with Skype because there aren't any separate audio tracks

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The annoying fix would be everyone recording their ends separately and putting them together as their own tracks

We started 6 weeks ago. I'm just happy we are where we are right now with a logo, intro and some very popular episodes already. My expectation was 200-300 plays per episode but we hit 5k over 8 episodes so far for an average of 625

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
We started 6 weeks ago. I'm just happy we are where we are right now with a logo, intro and some very popular episodes already. My expectation was 200-300 plays per episode but we hit 5k over 8 episodes so far for an average of 625
The audio quality is a lot better than I expected and a lot better than a lot of podcasts that are just starting up, you guys are doing a great job regardless :thumbu:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The audio quality is a lot better than I expected and a lot better than a lot of podcasts that are just starting up, you guys are doing a great job regardless :thumbu:

Thanks. And yes, there is room for improvement but I'm an IT guy, not great with audio haha. We will get better at it as we go along though. We learn from our "mistakes"

The only real complaint I got once was that we are too serious :laugh:

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
As I've said, I thought it was amazing. It was all clear and the content was great. But since you seem to be looking for ways to further improve sound quality, two thoughts:

1) Any way to minimize/eliminate the Skype feedback you encountered? Could you perhaps switch to a different service?

2) Steven, you sounded like you were in quite the cavernous room. Maybe shift your setup to some place a bit more muffled?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This was really good and enjoyable.

Also hearing HF accounts I've known forever actually speak is always a trip for a second lmao.

exactly. hearing @Edge speak was kinda cool. you spend so much time here you forget we all have voices.

the content was excellent and the demeanor that edge speaks with is rather matter of fact and i mean that in a good way. nothing forced or fake.

most excellent listen.

Reactions: NYR Viper

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is that you, Benj Stone?

no, just yours truly, bernmeister.
however, I can't take credit for originating the line.

I think I remember the late great Peter O'Toole using it, or something similar in the movie you are referencing My Favorite Year, to the character Ben Stone.

But if it started there or was previously created I don't remember.
Sounds like something Shakespeare would have said.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Imagine --

A Ranger podcast with no screaming, no cursing, no derogatory comments about others who disagree with your opinion. Just an intelligent discussion with the participants showing respect for others even if they disagree.

Why hasn't someone thought of this concept before?

Congratulations on a great podcast.

Yes bring back Edge and a big vote in favor of Joey Bones.
To echo this. People come off much more competent and knowledgeable when they focus on supporting their argument instead of tearing down the other. It was just an intelligent and understandable discussion. Great insight. Edge gave some awesome inside information.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As I previously said... This podcast started 6 weeks ago and I never really knew what to expect. Hoping for 250 plays for each episode, we have an average of 600.

This latest episode his the 1.000 mark this morning. I am thrilled to see that we reached that 1k mark for a single episode and to do it with the one where @Edge was joining us, makes this an HFNYR achievement. Thanks to everyone who listened and shared.

upload_2019-6-14_10-34-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad