Series Talk: #2 Capitals vs #3 Bruins

The winner is:

• Total voters

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Strange. Normally they would just do 7 and 10 starts right? I guess trying to capitalize on the northeast market for viewership.

Vegas is the only team in the postseason on west coast time and they aren’t playing those days so that is probably another reason

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017

Poor Jaro. :(

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

For the record, any game NOT on the actual NBC over-the-air network (games 2, 3, and 4 so far) should be on NESN, so it’s your choice of Jack or Doc*. Pick your poison for the first round.

And Jack snuck in either last night or the night before that the playoff games, per usual, will be on NESN, not NESN+. For the first round, Sox get bumped when there’s a conflict.

*Or whoever else NBC has

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Don’t like this.

I love it. They've looked good together and this Bruins lineup is gonna be hell to match up with.

I expect a lot of shuffling in the bottom 6 while Cassidy is looking for a spark anyway.

I'm more concerned about Wagner than Debrusk. I think you could go JDB/Lazar/Kuhlman and try to give Chara problems with speed, but we'll see how it plays out.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I love it. They've looked good together and this Bruins lineup is gonna be hell to match up with.

I expect a lot of shuffling in the bottom 6 while Cassidy is looking for a spark anyway.

I'm more concerned about Wagner than Debrusk. I think you could go JDB/Lazar/Kuhlman and try to give Chara problems with speed, but we'll see how it plays out.
Wagner is effective when he decides to hit . I think we will see him at some point . Likely if the Bruins lose game 1. .

Reactions: inactive user

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

What would be the alternative? Frederic? The guy hasn't done anything to warrant a spot in the lineup. At least with Debrusk you've got the hope that he kicks it into gear for the playoffs.

Would rather a more physical heavy forechecking 4th line in this series.

Ritchie Coyle Debrusk
Kuraly Lazar Wagner/Kuhlman

But I’m assuming the 3rd will be Ritchie Kuraly Coyle so that could handle a lot of the physicality. We’ll see, it wouldn’t be the first time I’m wrong!

Reactions: inactive user

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Don’t like this.

I'm fine with it. Makes the 4th more of an offensive threat. Lazar is pretty springy, and hopefully DeBrusk can feed off that energy and elevate his game in the playoffs. He knows he's a bad shift away from the press box.

I do wish Freddy would be in the lineup, as he can really get under the Caps skin and I'm generally a big fan of his, but agree with many here that his play down the stretch started to slump.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Apple: Toucher & Rich on Apple Podcasts

98.5 Website: Bruins Head Coach Bruce Cassidy // Bobby Valentine for Mayor? - 5/13 (Hour 3)

Bruce comes in at 23:20 if you want to skip all the nonsense.

Talks about moving Jake back over to the right if Frederic goes back in. Also talks about not neutering Frederic, from the beginning of the season, he liked the energy and agitation he saw from him.

35:56 He talks about handling Wilson. Seems confident they have the guys to take care of him, mentions Ritchie and Miller.

Bruce is a great interview, especially talking with these bozos.

Last edited:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm going to pistol-whip the next person to suggest putting Karson Kuhlman into the lineup for a playoff game.
That seems extreme. He’s fine as a plug-in 4th liner, nothing more than that. Depends how they want to approach that line, if just speed then go with Kuhlman if it needs more grit go with Wagner on the right.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
‎Toucher & Rich on Apple Podcasts

Talks about moving Jake back over to the right if Frederic goes back in. Also talks about not neutering Frederic, from the beginning of the season, he liked the energy and agitation he saw from him.

35:56 He talks about handling Wilson. Seems confident they have the guys to take care of him, mentions Ritchie and Miller.

Which episode - having trouble finding it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
‎Toucher & Rich on Apple Podcasts

It bugs me when the media acts as though we're playing the Washington Wilsons. They want you to focus on "biiiiiig, strooooong Tommy" :rolleyes: so Ovechkin can stand around on the left wing waiting for someone to get him the puck

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm going to pistol-whip the next person to suggest putting Karson Kuhlman into the lineup for a playoff game.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but TBH ---- if someone put a gun to your head and said you had to pick one of he or Wagner to score a goal on Saturday, who would you pick?

I honestly might actually pick Wagner -- but if you asked me 20 minutes from now, I might change it to Kuhlman.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Here's a look at the goalies.

Season vs Bruins

Vitek Vanecek: 4-3-0 ; 2.86 GAA ; .905 Sv%
Ilya Samsonov: 0-1-0 ; 3.66 GAA ; .872 Sv%

Season vs Capitals
Tuukka Rask: 1-0-2 ; 2.59 GAA ; .905 Sv%
Jeremy Swayman: 1-1-0 ; 2.00 GAA ; .938 Sv%
Jaroslav Halak: 2-0-0 ; 2.01 GAA ; .931 Sv%

----------