Series Talk: #2 Capitals vs #3 Bruins

The winner is:

• Total voters

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I didn't catch much of the last game against the Caps, but from what I saw...if you put a lot of pressure on Chara, the guy wasn't able to get the puck out or even keep it on his stick.

I really like that our bottom 6 have great speed...its going to be a huge asset this year.

IMO, no need to engage Wilson..that stuff will happen itself. But they do have to go after Carlson. Make him earn those minutes.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I didn't catch much of the last game against the Caps, but from what I saw...if you put a lot of pressure on Chara, the guy wasn't able to get the puck out or even keep it on his stick.

I really like that our bottom 6 have great speed...its going to be a huge asset this year.

IMO, no need to engage Wilson..that stuff will happen itself. But they do have to go after Carlson. Make him earn those minutes.
If I'm Cassidy my gameplan is to target their D. Wear them down with waves of pressure. attack, attack, attack. Come with speed, challenge them 1 on 1, put pucks behind them. We know guys like Carlson & Chara have deep gas tanks so you gotta wear them down. Carlson especially is gonna have his hands full with Marchand & Hall.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We need Tukka to be on his game.
If he falters, give Swayze a chance.
Keep Halak in the stands.
That has already been decided yesterday. They said it is Tuukka and Swayman for the playoffs

Oshie is the key guy and eff chara.

I feel way better about this after watching the last 2 games of the year.

Isles looked motivated and the Caps look slow

Reactions: TD Charlie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the B`s top 2 lines should use their speed to their advantage and attack every time they are on the ice. From the bottom 6 I would like to see softer dump ins or chips and chases which are, IMO, a lost art that can be effective. Karlson and Orlov are very mobile and dumping it into their corners more often than not can result in change of possession pretty quickly.

I think the Caps can be exposed defensively and if we had their 2 goalies, we`d all be more than a touch concerned so as cliche as it is, pucks to the net at all times. Stay outta the box and try to hinder them from entering the O zone with any speed which will require strong neutral zone play

Not nearly as worried about this edition of the Caps as I have been in years past, B`s in 6

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

caps line 2-4 are terrible

there in trouble up front unless oshie and Kuz come back

Bruins have the advantage over the Caps at
Forward
Defense
Goalie
Depth
Penalty Kill

Caps have the advantage at
PowerPlay

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
C5EA887C-2AED-46F6-B494-2F7E643E2AEC.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm preparing for Oshie and Kuznetsov to be ready game 1, and I would hope Cassidy has them preparing for the best the Caps have to offer.

Even still, they have the horses to outpace this Caps team. I can't wait to see how this new and improved top 6 performs in the post season. Salivating.

Reactions: inactive user

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I'm preparing for Oshie and Kuznetsov to be ready game 1, and I would hope Cassidy has them preparing for the best the Caps have to offer.

Even still, they have the horses to outpace this Caps team. I can't wait to see how this new and improved top 6 performs in the post season. Salivating.

Kuz has been on Covid list for 10 days now

so if I had to guess it seems like he may have it and has to sit 14 days minimum so he would miss atleast 2 games

but it could be something else and he’s off tomorrow idk
But usually over 10 days on the Covid list means u have it

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Weird numbers. 630? I assume that's just coverage beginning, and puck drop is just after 7.

Please no matinee games. Can't stand post season matinees

no those are puck drop times I believe

those 2 games are on NBCSN nationally and NBCSN has the Edmonton series those 2 nights as well at 9 pm

so I guess tv had to bump us up 30 mins in hopes of not missing any of the doubleheader

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I fear this series comes down to our ability to contain their PP. They have had their way with us this year. If that continues, that will kill us. If we can come out even on special teams, and the D stays healthy, that should swing the series to the Bruins IMO.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
no those are puck drop times I believe

those 2 games are on NBCSN nationally and NBCSN has the Edmonton series those 2 nights as well at 9 pm

so I guess tv had to bump us up 30 mins in hopes of not missing any of the doubleheader

Strange. Normally they would just do 7 and 10 starts right? I guess trying to capitalize on the northeast market for viewership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad