Post-Game Talk: 2/26/13 - Minnesota 2 - Calgary 1 F/OT

Jarick

Doing Nothing
He's probably in timeout for the EDM bit.

I thought the Wild were not good for the first period and the second was real wonky with all the penalties. But I thought they were great for the third.

I tracked dump vs chase (see Yeo thread) so it was weird to watch the game, but kind of felt removed from it, you looked at things differently. Would encourage others to try it.

I thought Calgary played poorly. Iginla just doesn't look the same. I like Wideman's game though. Joey Mac looked good, kept them in it.

Granny IMO best game yet. LOVED him on the right half wall of the PP where he dominated in Finlandia. He was moving his feet and making room. Also, he mixed up dumping with chasing quite a bit.

Suter LOVES to dump the puck. Or maybe all defensemen do and he's the only one who gets to center red.

More thoughts tomorrow?

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Yeah if Cullen is re-signed it's only to be a 3rd liner, likely on the LW alongside Brodziak and Clutter. In case of injury though he can step back into the top 6. Cullen fits the mold of a 3rd liner better than Bouchard does. It's nice to have two centers on a line too for those times when Brodziak gets kicked from the circle.

Agreed on Cully...Butch is simply not the same player before the concussions. He does everything on the perimeter now and avoids all contact...

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/306620979554172928
proxy.jpg

Weird that Tony DaCosta stopped tweeting since the EDM incident...
I had a feeling he was getting a talking to after that. Probably deserved imo, you just can't say stuff like that when you are a representative of the organization.

I did LOL at it though

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the wild were skating hard which we dont always see. plenty of shots but why we couldn't dominate calgary is beyond me. scoring has to improve, we still dont look like a playoff bound team. backs stood on his head , PP;PP;PP;PP;PP;PP was a buzzkill for me. cant get 2 excited about 2 points over a bottom 10 team. oh well go wild!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Cullen would take less to stay here. He lives here in the off season, he's a homer. I think he's staying but will be on the 3rd line. I actually really really like him on the penalty kill.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
the wild were skating hard which we dont always see. plenty of shots but why we couldn't dominate calgary is beyond me. scoring has to improve, we still dont look like a playoff bound team. backs stood on his head , PP;PP;PP;PP;PP;PP was a buzzkill for me. cant get 2 excited about 2 points over a bottom 10 team. oh well go wild!

Disagree, facing only 21 shots, Backstrom didn't have to stand on his head, but he made the saves when needed, so he played well.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Me too... you can't help but hope he turns things around after seeing all that emotion from him. :-/

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Coyle clearly was looking to hit somebody and good on him for that. Calgary had taken runs at a couple of guys over these past 2 games and the late hit on Heatley. I don't want to see dirty hits and i don't know that was one (only watched the one immediate replay) but kudos on him for being that guy that is not going to let teams take runs at our guys like they had been doing.

The All Tomato

Yeo, Yeo, Yeeeoooo
Jul 7, 2012
Minnesota
Really happy that the guys rallied together towards the end of the game. Sure it wasn't the way most people would like the game to go, but we got 2 points, when we easily could have lost the game. Also don't stop the party!!!! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad