Post-Game Talk: 2/26/13 - Minnesota 2 - Calgary 1 F/OT

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Top 9....not top 6. Not this year. Not even close.

And you want to build around Parise? You STILL need key guys like Koivu or else you have Gabby 2.0 who has to carry the team by himself. Koivu and Parise work well together and provide some balance.

Cullen has been remarkably solid through this year, except early on, but the whole team was.

Yes. Koivu's contract is going to be like Heatley's in a few year. He's never had elite speed and he's never had any elite abilities. If we build around Parise, it would force this team to realize they need a better center than Koivu to work with Parise. I wish we could buy out and then re-sign Koivu to a lot less cap hit but that's not possible.

So next year, we're going to rely on a bunch of second year players to catapult us into the playoffs? Deep into the playoffs?

But that is an argument for another day. Hopefully we continue building on this.

Billy Mays Here*

Not a good way for Coyle to be starting his NHL career. If he gets four games I won't be mad. That was a very uncalled for play.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Yeo sounded different this press conference. I liked his message but... i just cant let him off the hook because of a presser. He is still very unproven and on the hot seat imo. At least he should be.

I already hate my new avatar goddamnit.

But it was worth it.

Its necessary evil.

Billy Mays Here*

He makes contact with the head and chest at the same time, but you can definitely tell he was looking to hit him in the head. It's not so much the hit itself that pisses me off, it's the fact that the puck was long gone when he hit him. Can't even classify that as finishing your check. He went way out of his way to hit Stajan.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
Its a high hit because Coyle is bigger then Stajan. Its unfortunate but hits to the head are dangerous. If it were our player we'd want a couple games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Cullen has been remarkably solid through this year, except early on, but the whole team was.

Yes. Koivu's contract is going to be like Heatley's in a few year. He's never had elite speed and he's never had any elite abilities. If we build around Parise, it would force this team to realize they need a better center than Koivu to work with Parise. I wish we could buy out and then re-sign Koivu to a lot less cap hit but that's not possible.

So next year, we're going to rely on a bunch of second year players to catapult us into the playoffs? Deep into the playoffs?

But that is an argument for another day. Hopefully we continue building on this.

If Cullen stays another year, it's not as a top 6 forward. Late in tonight's game Granlund was again centering the 2nd line, Cullen the 3rd and Brodziak the 4th.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/306620979554172928
proxy.jpg

Weird that Tony DaCosta stopped tweeting since the EDM incident...

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah if Cullen is re-signed it's only to be a 3rd liner, likely on the LW alongside Brodziak and Clutter. In case of injury though he can step back into the top 6. Cullen fits the mold of a 3rd liner better than Bouchard does. It's nice to have two centers on a line too for those times when Brodziak gets kicked from the circle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad