GDT: 2/26/13 7P - A Joe B. Christmas - Cam and Joel? Jordan and Eric? Any relation?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ovechkin was painfully mediocre tonight.

Him and Wolski were probably the only dull spots in the lineup tonight.

Great game all around.

He had a bunch of really good passes.

But that line wasn't working quite well tonight. They were all dull.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
He was loudly booed every time he touched the puck and no whoop whoops (I think those are reserved for defensemen). Didn't hear anyone cheering for him and saw only one Semin jersey.

I hope that all the "whoop whoopers" are pushing up the daisies by now. R.I.P.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah, that was all Brouwer.

Semin puts forth an effort like Brouwer did tonight and the john wayne wannabes would be running him out of town.

Give it up, for the love of God just fn give it up and enjoy the Capitals victory. I really question if you are really a fan of this team.

Caps 5 and 2 in their last 7.

Halpysback*

Give it up, for the love of God just fn give it up and enjoy the Capitals victory. I really question if you are really a fan of this team.

Of course you do. That's all you people ever do if anyone disagrees with you on anything related to the team. Fine to bash McPhee to high heaven and still be a "true fan" though.

We won, great, we won regular season games against hobbled teams before. I reserve the right to be unimpressed just like I reserve the right not to jump on the trade Ovechkin bandwagon any time we go on a three game losing streak like everyone else here does. This team isn't built to go all the way any more than they were a couple games back when everyone agreed with that.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If we can get back to .500 within the next ten games or so I'd be pretty impressed. Get Orlov and Laich back, make a deft move or two, hey, who knows?

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Big John said he loves Oates system. He lets the D get into the play so long as they play it safe. I like hearing that.

Even said the "fun" word if Im not mistaken.. Definitely good to hear!! :handclap:

Holtby with a solid game but talk on the radio on the way home is that they think Neuvy will get the start tomorrow night in Philly.

Listening to Holtsy and Oats after the game, I'd have to think the radio was wrong.. (as long as the goalie coach & Holtby think he's feeling up to it)

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

Erskine's always loved jumping into the play. He's just not mobile enough to take chances he's not authorized to take. He doesn't really have the skills, but his eagerness sort of makes up for it. Good for him for scoring.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Alan May ‏@MayHockeyCSN
Nice Nicky @bmcnally14: Nick Backstrom on teammate John Erskine's goal: "Well - we knew he could punch people in the face. :laugh:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Even said the "fun" word if Im not mistaken.. Definitely good to hear!! :handclap:

Listening to Holtsy and Oats after the game, I'd have to think the radio was wrong.. (as long as the goalie coach & Holtby think he's feeling up to it)

Mind you this is Ben Raby and the other announcer just speculating on their post game show on 1500 AM here in D.C., regarding who'll be between the pipes tomorrow night.

Halpysback*

Erskine's always loved jumping into the play. He's just not mobile enough to take chances he's not authorized to take. He doesn't really have the skills, but his eagerness sort of makes up for it. Good for him for scoring.

He's also the only caps defenseman who really doesn't mind taking a massive slapper on goal from absolutely anywhere.

I think it's because he knows how limited his skills are and just says **** it I'm doing this. Which is really all you need.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I enjoyed the game. I was almost literally rofl when Holtby stopped Semin on the break away. I was just telling my friend who is a Carolina fan, watch for a Caps goal and then Carolina gets that chance. I'm glad it was a clean game and especially glad the Caps won. I agree with Kundratek impressing. This season is giving him some good experience for next season.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
tripp tracy who called semin lazy everytime the caps played the canes just said that muller compares semin with brett hull. brett hull. brett fn hull?????

Lol, how on earth can you not play the game in mute with that crew. Tampa Bay is pretty bad too.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Lol, how on earth can you not play the game in mute with that crew. Tampa Bay is pretty bad too.

Listening to Scott Laughlin and Phil Esposito on XM on the drive home one day and they were talking about coming up with a Dave Mishkin alarm clock, with his screaming voice being the alarm "STAMKOS SCORES".

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Just on visual appearance seemed like the Caps had simply more trust in the system/just rolling with it.

All four lines were forechecking and backchecking. Caps especially defense, clogging the passing and shooting lanes with their sticks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad