GDT: 2/26/13 7P - A Joe B. Christmas - Cam and Joel? Jordan and Eric? Any relation?

thejester

Feb 5, 2010
Heh, Carlson just made a point of saying 'I don't have any bad blood with him [Semin]' in the postgame. Better start having a freakout about new lockeroom discord.

Anyway. Good win, system looking good, tankists hang your heads in shame.

PSUCapsFan

Jan 8, 2010
Irvine, CA
This fan base has splintered into so many factions over the last few years.

-the pro/anti Boudreau-ists
-pro/anti Seminists
-Mike Green Fan boys/ Haters (Hater for life)

I think all the McPhee loyalists are gone though.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

-pro/anti Seminists

Count me as a McPhee loyalist. Because every anti-McPhee swears MoJo is a bust.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lol, how on earth can you not play the game in mute with that crew. Tampa Bay is pretty bad too.

i had the game on mute most of the time. i changed the channel during a commercial and reset the sound. upon returning....i forgot. i mute v tb too. its a shame though. forslund is great. tracy......makes locker sound like a hall of fame broadcaster

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Kundratek can keep this level of play... and if Green can survive the whole season... maybe Orlov to 2LD = defense set

Tempting to not sign/trade good LD, right?

i dont think so. that creates one pair of two puck movers. thats a bad idea. one of kundratek and orlov becomes a spare.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
C'mon bro... one game.

actually, its not. the announcement was this week, but the contract was very likely signed 10 days ago and an agreement on a contract was likely made weeks ago. so its possible that holtby knowing he had a contract coincides with the pick up in his game some time ago.

but...lets go with the one game. its better for your cause. maybe both of them will start laying eggs from here out to make you look better. maybe not, though. be prepared to eat crow. the holtby we have seen in his career looks a lot more like the goalie that has played the last several games than the one that started the season.

i think the last player on the capitals that needs to be motivated is john erskine. after working as hard and waiting as long as he has waited for a chance to play(reference 85's complaints about ice time and role) there is no chance erskine takes a two year contract for granted. he wants to play. the only way he plays is by just about playing over his head.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

-pro/anti Seminists

I'll admit it, I've been a windsock on GMGM and I will continue to be. Yeah he can be frustrating but then I look at some of the players on the ice for the Caps last night such as Kundratek (that's working out to be a steal), Carlson another great move by GMGM, giving Fehr a second shot and even Troy Brouwer, at the end of the day, I'll continue to straddle the fan fence and have blue balls on the GMGM issue.

Oates coaching performance of late hasn't hurt either.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
As far as GMGM goes, I'm probably in txpd's camp of "what is him and what is Ted?" etc. I think GMGM is a smart guy, but a stubborn and risk-averse one. I think he's fluent enough in CYA policies that he hasn't been executing a plan without having Ted and co. on board. So I would legitimately be interested in seeing what he would do were there a push from above to be bolder and/or shake things up.

I wouldn't feel bad were he replaced, by any means, except for the lingering dread that they'd end up replacing him with someone worse. Because its the Caps.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
i had the game on mute most of the time. i changed the channel during a commercial and reset the sound. upon returning....i forgot. i mute v tb too. its a shame though. forslund is great. tracy......makes locker sound like a hall of fame broadcaster

Tracy kills me. I don't mind Forslund at all. I remember some SC playoff games last year when on NHL Network or maybe NBC sports where he didn't have Tracy with him.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Count me as a McPhee loyalist. Because every anti-McPhee swears MoJo is a bust.

I"m anti-McPhee, but I don't believe MoJo is a bust. I do feel he was thrown into the NHL too fast and needs to get his confidence back. Honestly, the only Cap I can really dislike is Schultz. Green gets annoying with his injuries, but those happen in sports.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I"m anti-McPhee, but I don't believe MoJo is a bust. I do feel he was thrown into the NHL too fast and needs to get his confidence back. Honestly, the only Cap I can really dislike is Schultz. Green gets annoying with his injuries, but those happen in sports.

Same here. Though I don't really dislike Schultz, the guy just needs to go.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Watching the Canes/Pens game last night made it impossible to not think of how incredibly lucky the Caps got facing the Canes without 4 of the guys who played last night, Gleason, McBain, Skinner, and Brent.

Halpysback*

Watching the Canes/Pens game last night made it impossible to not think of how incredibly lucky the Caps got facing the Canes without 4 of the guys who played last night, Gleason, McBain, Skinner, and Brent.

Pens just didn't have Brouwer leading them is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad