GDT: 2/26/13 7P - A Joe B. Christmas - Cam and Joel? Jordan and Eric? Any relation?

IkeaMonkey*

All in all, since things are going well, this should be a cakewalk game. I just hope the other team shows up.

I think the sibling rivalry lights a fire under Joel.

joel-ward-29-nhl.jpg

Vs.

CamWard.jpg

romao

May 18, 2010
Kharkiv
And don't forget about Michal Jordan. I hope Joe B. will make it clear wether he's related to former Wizard Michael.
12-13MichalJordan.jpg

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
What do you guys think about Brouwer's recent comments? I think he should told this to Semin eye to eye or in front of the team..You don't talk like this to the media.. I think Sasha will score tonight...Just to let him know how is done...

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
What do you guys think about Brouwer's recent comments? I think he should told this to Semin eye to eye or in front of the team..You don't talk like this to the media.. I think Sasha will score tonight...Just to let him know how is done...

Brouwer said nothing that hasn't been said a 100 times before to include face to face and his comments are accurate. If Semin brought the work ethic every night he'd be in the Hart conversation every year. He doesn't so he pisses off team mates. If Semin weren't amped for this game anyway I don't see how this would help.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Semin's work ethic has been questioned for years now and players are coming out too. So obviously the guy was a bum in the locker room, which is important.

That being said, he gets a hatty tonight :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have long theorized that the games Semin "didn't care", he was actually injured.

He sure seemed fragile to me and fell down a hell of a lot. All the teammates that complain about him, maybe they didnt know he was injured since he "didn't speak english", or didn't complain about it.

Laich was just saying the other day when we see players not giving their all, that they are likely injured. That the fans don't know {MOD EDIT} ****.

Brouwer is coming across as an idiot saying these things even if they are true. Even if Semin doesn't play to Brouwer's standards, he plays to his own standards enough to warrant getting paid 7M per year. Ovi and others loaf at times. Maybe every player has to varying degrees, saving themselves for the playoffs, lets theorize.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I don't consider Brouwer some perfect authority on what is objectively true or not, because I think he's kind of a dumbass. But perception matters, and if that is the way the team saw Semin then it is what it is and I have no problem with him saying so. I just wish he'd been smarter about how he said it.

The "better without him" is silly, even if you try to take it only from an "in the room" perspective. His replacement was Wolski, a guy with an even flakier reputation than Semin (unless you're a xenophobe and like him because he's Canadian); and if they are really better in the room, the fact that they're still terrible should show you how important that probably is so why try to puff it up? Comes across as grasping at straws to me.

If they were getting tired with Semin and it was time to move on? Hey, say what you gotta say. He just chose a rather silly way to say it IMO.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
The whole thing around Semin was a fabricated scheme to scapegoat him for a toxic organization. Of course some sheep followed along. Semin was never a problem. How he was used was the problem. A disgusting, classless display typical to the Caps and hockey in general. Think whatever you will if you can think for yourselves. If some can't or couldn't see what the truth was, they know little about the game. Hope Semin wins this game for the Canes and the Caps stay at the bottom where they belong, being run by these guys. If no change happens in Washington and the fans continue to support them, they will always be bottom feeders. Too bad really.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The whole thing around Semin was a fabricated scheme to scapegoat him for a toxic organization. Of course some sheep followed along. Semin was never a problem. How he was used was the problem. A disgusting, classless display typical to the Caps and hockey in general. Think whatever you will if you can think for yourselves. If some can't or couldn't see what the truth was, they know little about the game. Hope Semin wins this game for the Canes and the Caps stay at the bottom where they belong, being run by these guys. If no change happens in Washington and the fans continue to support them, they will always be bottom feeders. Too bad really.

Keep spreading the balogna.....and keep trolling the Caps boards taking shots.

It seems as though some Semin fans will never get it, or maybe you're just a Caps hater....

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I want to see some of the smarter players that played with Semin goad him into some stick infractions, since they should know exactly how to force those situations. I'm thinking Backstrom, Alzner, and Brouwer each draw one. Laich would be good for a couple if he were here.

Liberati0n*

I don't consider Brouwer some perfect authority on what is objectively true or not, because I think he's kind of a dumbass. But perception matters, and if that is the way the team saw Semin then it is what it is ...

Right, it's Semin's fault a few unskilled meatheads were too stupid to perceive him the right way. Yes, it is what it is, "it" being that Brouwer/Bradley/Morrisonn/Steckel are dickwad morons. These are people who are too stupid to be entitled to an opinion, but their misperceptions are what should be worked around. Okay.

CCF said:
Keep spreading the balogna.....and keep trolling the Caps boards taking shots.

It seems as though some Semin fans will never get it, or maybe you're just a Caps hater....
CCF questioning whether someone who disagrees with him is a real fan? Shocking.

The irony is that that fake fan was actually calling out the same "environment of zero accountability and excuses" that CCF loves to lament.

Halpysback*

If the caps lay an egg how many people here are gonna blame ovechkin over the **** talking grinder?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Backstrom with 2nd line, Chimera with 1st, Wellman recalled from Hershey, Orlov wearing regular practice jersey (instead of non-contact), Laich says on radio that yesterday was a breakthrough day for his injury, Green expects to play.

Edit: Green and Chimera officially in, Backstrom "confident he'll be ready".

Last edited:

IkeaMonkey*

So...

Caps Culture with Semin

5 playoff appearances in 6 seasons, Presidents Trophy, 2 #1 seeds

Caps culture with Brouwer...

Year 1 - Limp dicking into the playoffs.
Year 2 - In the running for last place overall in the league.

Ya know boyz, we doing well all in all. Got that new content with submediocrity culture.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

So which of the Caps' players stole your girlfriend?

And which organization do you follow?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Backstrom with 2nd line, Chimera with 1st, Wellman recalled from Hershey, Orlov wearing regular practice jersey (instead of non-contact), Laich says on radio that yesterday was a breakthrough day for his injury, Green expects to play.

Edit: Green and Chimera officially in, Backstrom "confident he'll be ready".

Can't wait for the healthy roster to assemble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad