Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
As much as i want to move on from
the core 4 I think he’s gonna walk for free the following year, unless he really wants to leave. So in that case i think he will stay and refuse a trade . If he agrees to a trade list it’s going to be contenders who will most likely look at him like a rental. I don’t think he would be willing to accept trades to rebuilding teams If he would take a trade I’d retain 50% to maximize the return marner at 5.5M would get a good haul and it still frees up 5.5M in cap as well as gets the ball moving on the retooling of the leafs.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As much as i want to move on from
the core 4 I think he’s gonna walk for free the following year, unless he really wants to leave. So in that case i think he will stay and refuse a trade . If he agrees to a trade list it’s going to be contenders who will most likely look at him like a rental. I don’t think he would be willing to accept trades to rebuilding teams If he would take a trade I’d retain 50% to maximize the return marner at 5.5M would get a good haul and it still frees up 5.5M in cap as well as gets the ball moving on the retooling of the leafs.

Ultimately, you would think that IF the writing is on the wall (from Mitch's perspective) that he's not going to remain a Maple Leaf; he would want to get moved to wherever his "longer term" destination might be, and sign a contract this offseason.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

Four Mitch Marner trades the Maple Leafs could consider​

Columbus Blue Jackets get: RW Mitch Marner
Toronto Maple Leafs get: 2024 fourth-overall pick, C/W Kent Johnson

Seattle Kraken get: RW Mitch Marner
Toronto Maple Leafs get: C Shane Wright, D Adam Larsson

Calgary Flames get: RW Mitch Marner, C Fraser Minten, LW Nick Robertson, D Timothy Liljegren
Toronto Maple Leafs get: G Jacob Markstrom*, D Rasmus Andersson
*Flames retain 25 per cent of Markstrom’s remaining salary

Philadelphia Flyers get: RW Mitch Marner
Toronto Maple Leafs get: C Scott Laughton, D Mario Ferraro, San Jose’s 2024 second-round pick
San Jose Sharks get: D Oliver Bonk

Reactions: LeafEgo

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Marner will waive if you play the a hole card and tell him he’s sitting in the press box in his contract year.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Anyone else trying to picture Marner dropping the gloves against Tkachuk like Pasta just did.

Ya- me too. Not ever gonna happen.

He has to go. HAS to…
I was just about to say this. Never.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021

Calgary Flames get: RW Mitch Marner, C Fraser Minten, LW Nick Robertson, D Timothy Liljegren

Toronto Maple Leafs get: C Scott Laughton, D Mario Ferraro, San Jose’s 2024 second-round pick
Thanks for sharing, pretty well thought out trades. First three would be pretty exciting, but they all assume Marner signs as part of the deal, I dunno . .

Doubt Calgary is interested in that, almost 25M locked up in Hubes and Marner?

Reactions: 3blizzard4

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Nashville Predators
Mitch Marner
David Kampf
Timothy Liljegren

Toronto Maple Leafs
Thomas Novak
Juuse Saros
Jérémy Lauzon
Matthew Wood

Utah Yetis
Mitch Marner

Toronto Maple Leafs
Lawson Crouse
Jack McBain
Dmitry Simashev

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
There is a really simple solution here for Marner and unfortunately I don't think he and his camp of morons will ever consider it.

Sign on July 1st for the same amount as Nylander with no drama. That will go a long way in resetting the reputation he's developed.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
There is a really simple solution here for Marner and unfortunately I don't think he and his camp of morons will ever consider it.

Sign on July 1st for the same amount as Nylander with no drama. That will go a long way in resetting the reputation he's developed.
I hope it’s settled one way or another this summer. Either moved (my preference) or signed (like you suggest) so we don’t have to hear about it all season.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Not interested in his services.
1 AAV is too much.

we need D and G.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Anyone else trying to picture Marner dropping the gloves against Tkachuk like Pasta just did.

Marner cant be expected to fight.
I wouldn't ask him that.

He's a great regular season playmaker with variable effort levels.

It might be nice to keep him, but we need a more balanced team.

JT coming off the books isn't enough.

Rielly needs a #1 D.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
They have around $19M in cap space to work with.
The Leafs will never win anything with Marner on the books. It's just that simple.

Expect Marner to be signed because it's not about winning.

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

So we continue to have a $11.5 million hole in our roster? No thanks.

Some "solution".

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022

This is why the media should be obliterated in this city. Every single one of those proposals is abysmal. Also, Markstrom sucks. I'd rather keep Samsonov at half the salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad