GDT: 2/15/15: FLYERS (23-22-10) at SABRES (16-36-3) TV: NBCSN - 7:30 PM ET

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Parking question:

I usually park at one of the surface lots and just walk a few blocks, but with the temps today and my daughter in tow, I wanted to check out the arena ramp parking. Is it available for general parking? Cash only?

Worked it for a bit, you could park there when I did. I think it was like 25 dollars. So unless that's recently changed, you should be fine.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buy what? That's what happened.

You left out some important details about why there was a division.

And the fact that you bought Gillis story. He was justifying trading a wildly popular player after the Docs had misdiagnosed Codys back.

Giving Cody Hodgson high offensive zone starts seems like a logical thing to do as a coach if you want a better chance at winning the game ... padding his stats to trade him seems a bit silly.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This is one of my favorite things. They played him in the ozone to bump his value. Or...you know...because it's what you are supposed to do with one dimensional players who are a tire fire in their own end but can get on the scoresheet.

It is of zero surprise that a nolan/hodgson partnership would end up this way. It's a perfect storm of can't understand/can't do. Nolan would have Ovechkin start 80% in the d zone and then put him in the doghouse for not playing right.

Or it's perfect storm of fans who can't grasp things so they *****. How exactly does the worst possssion team in the NHL by a country mile feed Ozone starts to its 3rd line like Van did with Hodgson? And how does thsi team that has as many forward that need positive number of ozone starts to have success get all them those starts? Most of thsoe fowards are wingers relied on good centers in the past to produce along with those Ozone starts. So how exactly does a tewm devoid of those centers set them up as well?

Hate on Nolan all you want. But at least know what the hell youre talking about. A valid criticism right now is continuing to bench Hodgson. He's obviously not responding so far so maybe try something else.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
One thing I'm excited about with Bogosian is..I'm hoping he can be a positive influence on Risto and Zads in terms of being a little more nastier ... They both love to line up the hits especially Zads but neither seems to have that nastiness or bite in their game around the net. Want them to be meaner.

Bps21*

Or it's perfect storm of fans who can't grasp things so they *****. How exactly does the worst possssion team in the NHL by a country mile feed Ozone starts to its 3rd line like Van did with Hodgson? And how does thsi team that has as many forward that need positive number of ozone starts to have success get all them those starts? Most of thsoe fowards are wingers relied on good centers in the past to produce along with those Ozone starts. So how exactly does a tewm devoid of those centers set them up as well?

Hate on Nolan all you want. But at least know what the hell youre talking about. A valid criticism right now is continuing to bench Hodgson. He's obviously not responding so far so maybe try something else.

Translation: ted nolan can do no wrong. Joshjull is basically his father.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Buy what? That's what happened.

No, it's not.

But if it was, then you could not only substantiate it with genuine sources rather than merely repeating erroneous gossip in your own words, you could also argue the actual rebuttal points made rather than shrugging off reality with a lame one-off that I must be the kid's dad. :shakehead

This is not Josh at his best.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You left out some important details about why there was a division.

And the fact that you bought Gillis story. He was justifying trading a wildly popular player after the Docs had misdiagnosed Codys back.

His coach and GM didn't particularly care for him and want to trade him. I'm well aware of the particulars about his back and how that was part of the he said she said aspect of it. But the poster I quoted was railing about Hodgson never being called on anything before. Thats simply not the case.

Giving Cody Hodgson high offensive zone starts seems like a logical thing to do as a coach if you want a better chance at winning the game ... padding his stats to trade him seems a bit silly.

Only to posters that don't seem to understand things like that happen. It was done for a stretch of time leading to the trade deadline. Obviously a team with the Sedins isn't going to do it for very long.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
One thing I'm excited about with Bogosian is..I'm hoping he can be a positive influence on Risto and Zads in terms of being a little more nastier ... They both love to line up the hits especially Zads but neither seems to have that nastiness or bite in their game around the net. Want them to be meaner.

Totally agree with you on this. We need to be more aggressive in front of our own net and in our corners. I do believe he will be nastier than Myers was, and hope it rubs off on our younger hopefuls.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Translation: ted nolan can do no wrong. Joshjull is basically his father.

Interesting since I clearly stated he shouldn't keep benching him because its obviously not working.

I also love how you don't address any of the hockey related things. I find it ironic that many of the posters that rail about Nolan being a dunce about hockey can't seem to understand the very context of why various players struggle, why they had their previous success and what can or can't be done with this roster to change that. They never bother articulating their thoughts on it to show they understand. They just rail about Nolan sucking and he has no system. Pot and kettle

Last edited:

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Totally agree with you on this. We need to be more aggressive in front of our own net and in our corners. I do believe he will be nastier than Myers was, and hope it rubs off on our younger hopefuls.

Myers was weird. He'd occasionally get nasty, but more often than not, disappeared physically. The punch to Shaw comes to mind.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
His coach and GM didn't particularly care for him and want to trade him. I'm well aware of the particulars about his back and how that was part of the he said she said aspect of it. But the poster I quoted was railing about Hodgson never being called on anything before. Thats simply not the case.

A guy getting called on something that is later proven to be a fallacy, does not equate to him being called on something valid.

And either way, it stands true the kid has never before been called "uncoachable", had his work ethic questioned, or in your words labeled "a baby" - even by the bus-tossing Gillis or misguided coach who didn't have the benefit of medical knowledge to diagnose an injury properly.

Only to posters that don't seem to understand things like that happen. It was done for a stretch of time leading to the trade deadline. Obviously a team with the Sedins isn't going to do it for very long.

Umm... actually, if you truly are aware of the back story, then you'll know it in fact occurred during a stretch that the Canuck's 2C was playing thru a serious injury himself (requiring off-season surgery). It wasn't just about a trade dealine, but about the fact that the team needed to shuffle duties to account for Kesler's quandary. Of course, the team also desperately needed some offense and Hodgson was their best play-making center outside of Sedin. Ergo the subsequent pressure on the GM to rationalize the timing of the trade. Didn't exactly work out well for them ;)

The only unusual thing about Hodgson getting any sort of "favorable" ozone starts or match-ups, is that it was made into a big deal afterward that any rookie on a team in that situation would be "sheltered".

Oh, and it may have been moderately unusual that Gillis would flag it later without seeming to realize that by doing so he was essentially publicly saying Darcy was stupid. Not a bright move, but then Gillis wasn't exactly known for making friends among the GM pool either, lol.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Because covering your ass for trading a popular young player doesn't happen either. They threw Hodgson under the bus.

Since his arrival here there has been no hint to him being a baby .. not working hard or anything of the sort besides him failing to produce. But lets face it..he's not a Nolan guy and he's being treated as such.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Because covering your ass for trading a popular young player doesn't happen either. They threw Hodgson under the bus.

Since his arrival here there has been no hint to him being a baby .. not working hard or anything of the sort besides him failing to produce. But lets face it..he's not a Nolan guy and he's being treated as such.

Precisely. So succinct. So simple.

So, #freeHodgson, #freeNolan

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Myers was weird. He'd occasionally get nasty, but more often than not, disappeared physically. The punch to Shaw comes to mind.
I'm pretty sure the pope would have given Shaw a belt in the gob after getting speared in the junk.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Even if they did it doesn't change my point. There was bad blood before he moved. You can claim they were covering their ass all you want. But the bad blood was real regardless of who you want to believe was at fault.

Since his arrival here there has been no hint to him being a baby .. not working hard or anything of the sort besides him failing to produce.

He doesn't pay the price to got to the tougher areas of the ice to score. But whats probably pissing off the coaches is he makes terrible/lazy decisions off the puck. Several times when he doesn't get a great pass on a breakout or in the neutral zone he keeps gliding forward hoping someone else gets the puck and feeds it to him. He basically waits for the puck to come to him as opposed to stopping and hustling after the puck to gain control or hustling back to help if possession is lost.

But lets face it..he's not a Nolan guy and he's being treated as such

I'm losing track of what a "Nolan guy" is after all the complaints. like……

-He hates young players and won't play them. False-- Girgs, Risto, Zads, Grigs
-He hates skill players and only plays grinders--False with the ice time Moulson, Ennis, Myers, Stafford and the young guys already mentioned
-He over plays he 4th line plugs--False -- Kaleta and Ellis play about 8mins a night.

So what exactly is a "Nolan guy"? And why isn't Hodgson one?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not here to defend Hodgsons play .. it's horrible and I'd love it if he were off the team. I wasn't a fan from the get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad