GDT: 2/15/15: FLYERS (23-22-10) at SABRES (16-36-3) TV: NBCSN - 7:30 PM ET

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The jump in quality on defense next year is going to be worth 10 wins. Pysyk and whatever ufa lefty they bring in to replace the shiit show that is ben-mess. Can't wait.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 4m4 minutes ago

Nolan on Bogosian: He's exactly what we ordered. That's the type of play we want to get to & have the whole team doing that.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fan coming in here boys and girls.

I watched the game tonight, wanted to see how Bogo was doing. Looks like the same consistent Bogo we saw in Winnipeg.

I'm really pulling for Zach. When the team relocated to Winnipeg, Zach didn't want to play for the team(players, and Atlanta org), his game was a total trainwreck. I remember there being rumours of the Altanta coaching staff really picking on Zach. He himself later amitted that if he made a single mistake he would pretty berated on the bench by the coaching staff. Over the years, Bogo has been fun to watch as he's transformed into a really good, solid, shut down guy, moves the puck early and often, and hits like a Peterbilt. He can skate like the wind and i really feel that once he matures emotionally and mentally, he'll be a confident offensive player.

Here in Winnipeg, Zach had always been prone to injury, which always turned out to be some sort of a pulled muscle. It was known that Zach liked to hit the gym hard, and looked sort of like a body builder. The training staff believed that his injuries were a result of pushing himself too far and his muscles were wound up and then would pull easier. Last season i know he did change his workout routine and its obvious just to look at the guy, hes still got all the size and athletic ability, just not as super shredded. Since then his only injuries have been the sort of odd freak accidents during the play (puck off the inside of the boot type plays).

When i heard Zach was traded I was instantly a tad choaked up, i know you guys have a great player there, and an awesome guy too!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Hodgson was tied for the team lead in SOG with 3 in 6:04 of ice time, the least of any player. The other guys who had 3 played 20:31, 19:22 and 19:15, respectively. I'm not asking for 1st line minutes here, but giving the guy 10-12 minutes with a sniff of the PP isn't too much to ask. This standoff is ridiculous.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I can't believe that people are happy losing to the F-ers!

Bogosian looks good out there. I like his game. I was not in favor of the trade, but I'm very happy to have him on the team.

Foligno has looked really good since coming off the IR. I hope he can maintain some consistency.

Neuvirth was good except when he completely lost track of the puck on the 2nd goal.

Bps21*

It's almost as if they're happy about something else that is far more important than one meaningless game against the Flyers in a season where we have half the point total of ELEVEN other teams.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Bogosian looks good out there. I like his game. I was not in favor of the trade, but I'm very happy to have him on the team.

Foligno has looked really good since coming off the IR. I hope he can maintain some consistency.

Neuvirth was good except when he completely lost track of the puck on the 2nd goal.

eichel.jpg

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
It's almost as if they're happy about something else that is far more important than one meaningless game against the Flyers in a season where we have half the point total of ELEVEN other teams.

Sacrilege!!!!! I can never be ok with losing to the Flyers, Bruins or Leafs. The rest I can deal with.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012

I'm not happy about it, we are firmly in last place and a few wins aren't going to change that.

Very confusing rules about the tank anyway, the losing streak had people complaining, the winning streak had people complaining, the coach is losing and needs to be fired, the GM is a genius for building a team that can't win, play Hodgson he can score, don't score or we might win. :laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm not happy about it, we are firmly in last place and a few wins aren't going to change that.
No we aren't. We had two games in hand on Edmonton. Philladelphia and New Jersey are ****** teams. If we beat either of those teams we would have actually gained ground on Edmonton. We aren't firmly in last place until we're down 10+ points with 20 games to go.

Besides every Flyers win just makes Boston feel more pressure.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 4m4 minutes ago

Nolan on Bogosian: He's exactly what we ordered. That's the type of play we want to get to & have the whole team doing that.

Glad to see Bogosian playing well already.

He is a going to be good for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad