GDT: 2/15/15: FLYERS (23-22-10) at SABRES (16-36-3) TV: NBCSN - 7:30 PM ET

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Traded our best defender, staring goalie and 20% of our offense, hottest scorer has the flu as does the league leading shot blocker, of course we will win!

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Traded our best defender, staring goalie and 20% of our offense, hottest scorer has the flu as does the league leading shot blocker, of course we will win!

I'm now plugging you down as the single most positive poster of the modern era. Keep up that chin!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
New-look Sabres set to start latest stage of rebuild
By Joe Yerdon - NHL.com Correspondent

The Buffalo Sabres are about to start another chapter of their rebuild Sunday when they host the Philadelphia Flyers (7:30 p.m. ET; NBCSN).

On Wednesday, the Sabres traded defenseman Tyler Myers and forward Drew Stafford, along with two prospects and a first-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, to the Winnipeg Jets for defenseman Zach Bogosian and forward Evander Kane. The Sabres also traded goalie Jhonas Enroth to the Dallas Stars for goalie Anders Lindback and a conditional third-round pick in the 2015 draft.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I can't say there a game from now until the end of the season that feels like a win. Just took a terrible, terrible team and subtracted what, 3 of the top 8 pieces, plus the first guy wed call up to replace one of them? Our 2-18 end to last season looks about like the pace.

I think we get to look forward to assessing bogo basically, and counting records for advanced stats and scoring.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres AM lines:
Stewart-Girgensons-Ennis
Moulson-Mitchell-Gionta
Foligno-Flynn-Deslauriers
Larsson-Ellis-Hodgson

#PHIvsBUF

#Sabres defense:
Benoit / Bogosian
Zadorov / Ristolainen
Weber / Meszaros
Strachan

#PHIvsBUF

Gorges and Kaleta not at game day skate. #PHIvsBUF

Neuvirth going through his game day routine; looks like he'll be tonight's starter. #PHIvsBUF

Larsson says he's excited to be here; Nolan's message to him: "Play hard." #PHIvsBUF

Bogosian: Looking forward to 1st game in Buffalo as a Sabre. I've played enough games in this League, not too nervous. Ready to go #PHIvsBUF

Locker room stalls / official numbers: Anders Lindback is #35 Zach Bogosian is #47 #PHIvsBUF

B95dvD4IgAAM1Tw.jpg:large

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I can't say there a game from now until the end of the season that feels like a win. Just took a terrible, terrible team and subtracted what, 3 of the top 8 pieces, plus the first guy wed call up to replace one of them? Our 2-18 end to last season looks about like the pace.

I think we get to look forward to assessing bogo basically, and counting records for advanced stats and scoring.

That's a good thing.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Coach Ted Nolan says Kaleta is with the doctors this morning and could be out "a while." #PHIvsBUF

Nolan says Gorges is also being looked at again by medical team, could be out for some more time. #PHIvsBUF

Nolan: Bogosian is going to get thrown right into the fire. He'll get a lot of minutes. #PHIvsBUF

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
I feel so bad for Hodgson, dude hasn't played with anyone who helps utilize his skill set since a premature Reinhart. It's very easy to see why his seasons been this bad. 4th line with one of the worst players in the NHL and Larsson. Garunteed throw him with girg and ennis and he goes off. Don't see why they wouldn't do that possibly boost trade value if they want to.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I feel so bad for Hodgson, dude hasn't played with anyone who helps utilize his skill set since a premature Reinhart. It's very easy to see why his seasons been this bad. 4th line with one of the worst players in the NHL and Larsson. Garunteed throw him with girg and ennis and he goes off. Don't see why they wouldn't do that possibly boost trade value if they want to.

Nolan doesn't like the way Hodgson has been practicing and taking direction apparently. Nolan's not expecting him to score his way off the 4th line, he's expecting him to change his attitude, approach, and work ethic to get off the 4th line. Nolan's said many times, it's not the lack of scoring that has him in the dog house.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres AM lines:
Stewart-Girgensons-Ennis
Moulson-Mitchell-Gionta
Foligno-Flynn-Deslauriers
Larsson-Ellis-Hodgson

#PHIvsBUF

#Sabres defense:
Benoit / Bogosian
Zadorov / Ristolainen
Weber / Meszaros
Strachan

It'll be interesting to see who gets Gorges' A tonight. Both of the backup As are gone in Myers and Stafford. Looking at the lineup, sure seems like Weber or Zemgod might get the other A. Maybe Ellis.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
So with Kaleta out for a while, is this Larsson's last stand or what? He seems to be developing a bad attitude, so I'm not sure about him. He said he wouldn't care if he got traded at this point, and there were rumors after his last send-down that he might go back to Sweden or something? I'm hoping he impresses enough for them to keep him though.

Are Larsson and Des basically fighting for the 4 LW position next year?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres probably going to win a few in a row starting here. Then probably only a few the rest of the season.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This staredown between Hodgson and Nolan is hilarious. They're both betting the other guy is gone first. Hodgson recognizes Ted is probably little more than a steward of S.S. Tanktastic and won't be around too long--and don't forget about the lingering Luke Richardson rumors. Hodgson probably figures that he was the leading scorer last season and has showed he can produce in the past when used correctly. Ted seems to be betting that Murray recognizes that Hodgson isn't going to be a center on this team and has no sustained track record at wing, and will use this opportunity to buy him out at 1/3 before the cost goes up to 2/3. Place your bets!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I'm saving this comment to be re-posted the next time Buffalo pulls back to within 2 or 3 pts of Edmonton and you start getting skittish again.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This staredown between Hodgson and Nolan is hilarious. They're both betting the other guy is gone first. Hodgson recognizes Ted is probably little more than a steward of S.S. Tanktastic and won't be around too long--and don't forget about the lingering Luke Richardson rumors. Hodgson probably figures that he was the leading scorer last season and has showed he can produce in the past when used correctly. Ted seems to be betting that Murray recognizes that Hodgson isn't going to be a center on this team and has no sustained track record at wing, and will use this opportunity to buy him out at 1/3 before the cost goes up to 2/3. Place your bets!

Desired result?

Both gone next year.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Desired result?

Both gone next year.

Perhaps the most probable, as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens, because you know Tim doesn't want dead cap space. The question is whether Murray believes Hodgson forgot how to play hockey over the course of one year, and whether McEichel/Reinhart/Girgs, other good linemates, and some PP time can salvage him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad