GDT: 2/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

lardneau

Oct 7, 2011
HEDMAN! What a pass by Pyatt. Great work by Pouliot, too.

Come on now, there's still plenty of time.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Marty needs to simplify his game. too many wasted chances trying to make pretty/cute plays. Just do what he used to drive to the net, get open, shoot. I just know he is going to try another blind drop pass to no-one this game. who does he think he is, Dominic Moore?

This. He needs to get back to what made him so successful before. No need to reinvent himself now.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Honestly think one forward has been dragging us down over this slump. Hate to say it, the other lines have looked fine in this game. Any line with MSL on it has failed utterly in all 3 zones.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Half those players are more effective than Marty when they're not scoring. Canada always needs grit and defensively responsible players for the PK and breakouts. Marty is ok defensively, I wouldn't say he's above average, he just always worked hard in both ends.

Where was Marty in 2010? I beg to differ that he's better in his all-around game than some of those players.

Really? the guy easily deserved to be on that team. St.louis in 2011 was better than 90% of the Olympic roster.

This. He needs to get back to what made him so successful before. No need to reinvent himself now.

Agreed, he's probably tried more pretty passes this season than he's had in the last 5 years combined.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The only player I don't think the organization should ever trade is Lecavlier, but thats me. Im sure if St.Louis was getting a chance to win another cup he wouldn't be mad if we traded him, im sure getting a second cup means more to him then retiring a bolt.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Carolina beat Jersey. Tampa can't win a game for their lives. A bad, but familiar spot to be in.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The only player I don't think the organization should ever trade is Lecavlier, but thats me. Im sure if St.Louis was getting a chance to win another cup he wouldn't be mad if we traded him, im sure getting a second cup means more to him then retiring a bolt.

Until this season I would have traded Vinny pretty damn easily. There was always an excuse for his poor play and floating. Marty's been bad for a whopping 11 games and all the sudden you're ready to throw away the guy who has consistently been the teams heart for years. Nice.

And again Hedman! Sweet!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Really? the guy easily deserved to be on that team. St.louis in 2011 was better than 90% of the Olympic roster.

Agreed, he's probably tried more pretty passes this season than he's had in the last 5 years combined.

There are always players who "deserve" to be on the team, but often some of the players do not fit in with the way the GM wishes to piece together the team. Stamkos and Brad Richards also deserved to be on the team. We won the gold anyway, so it's really a moot point to discuss whether or not he would have been a better option than any of the players chosen. There were enough players who could rack up points on the roster that Marty wasn't needed.

Marty is not better than the top 6 that Canada would choose on points and is not physical or defensively responsible enough to take the place of someone like Sharp or Benn. Also, the Olympics were in 2010, not 2011...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad