GDT: 2/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You think we can trade St. Louis to Boston for Seguin? We can't keep him around doing spin moves and no look passes that always get intercepted.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Icing is annoying when you gather the puck and gain control only to give it up for a face off.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You think we can trade St. Louis to Boston for Seguin? We can't keep him around doing spin moves and no look passes that always get intercepted.

trading St.louis after a bad stretch of games is just stupid.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Going to have to agree, don't know how much longer I can watch MSL right now, doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the Olympic team with this kind of play.

I don't think he should have ever been in that discussion considering these forwards:

Crosby, Stamkos, Giroud, Toews, Nash, E.Staal, Tavares, Seguin, Getzlaf, Perry, Marleau, Thornton, Sharp, Eberle, Neal, Benn etc.

What Marty offers in points would be offset by most others and he's not physical or defensively responsible enough to take the place of any of the others.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
trading St.louis after a bad stretch of games is just stupid.

He's not serious. No denying his impact on whatever line he's placed on though. We're seeing it. Everytime he's on the ice, the other forwards spend the entire shift making up for his turnovers and d-zone play.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Considering he said for Seguin, I think it's safe to assume he was joking.

Yes, the guy deserves to retire in Tampa, organization would look completely classless to trade him away for "fresh meat".

I don't think he should have ever been in that discussion considering these forwards:

Crosby, Stamkos, Giroud, Toews, Nash, E.Staal, Tavares, Seguin, Getzlaf, Perry, Marleau, Thornton, Sharp, Eberle, Neal, Benn etc.

What Marty offers in points would be offset by most others and he's not physical or defensively responsible enough to take the place of any of the others.

When he's on his game he's very easily better than Nash, Staal, Seguin, Tavares, Marleau, Sharp, Eberle, Neal and Benn and it's not remotely close. He's the guy that makes the entire line better, and in just about every other year St.louis is above average defensively which is partially why we're all so hard on him this season.

whereugo04

Feb 12, 2013
Well, look on the bright side. Linback's save will be NHL's #1 top play... And probably end up on ESPN's top play where it will be beaten by a lame dunk.

Oh, and Hi!

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Marty needs to simplify his game. too many wasted chances trying to make pretty/cute plays. Just do what he used to drive to the net, get open, shoot. I just know he is going to try another blind drop pass to no-one this game. who does he think he is, Dominic Moore?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Really, where's this team headed? We obviously aren't a cup contender so might as well maximize our assets.

Please tell me you're joking. He's been bad and we're giving him his lumps, but there is absolutely no need to start talking about trading him.

HEDMONSTER!

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
for real. there is no need to trade him haha.

we are all frustrated as I'm sure the team is but they are in a slump, no need to rush to conclusions.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
We should trade Hedman. He's terrible. He scores too many goals and plays too much on offense. :sarcasm:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
When he's on his game he's very easily better than Nash, Staal, Seguin, Tavares, Marleau, Sharp, Eberle, Neal and Benn and it's not remotely close. He's the guy that makes the entire line better, and in just about every other year St.louis is above average defensively which is partially why we're all so hard on him this season.

Half those players are more effective than Marty when they're not scoring. Canada always needs grit and defensively responsible players for the PK and breakouts. Marty is ok defensively, I wouldn't say he's above average, he just always worked hard in both ends.

Where was Marty in 2010? I beg to differ that he's better in his all-around game than some of those players. There's more than points that some of those other players offer and I'm sure the GM realized that when he put together the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad