GDT: #2 - 10/7/13 | New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:30 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
i don't really know what will end up being the right fit, but i think it's pretty clear. We have three offensively minded d; mdz, stralman, moore and then 3 more defensively minded d, mcd, staal, girardi.

I wouldn't mind going with something like:

Staal - mdz
mcd - stralman
girardi - moore

i know i'll get reemed for this, but it seems extremely balanced to me.

i really like these pairings

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I don't mind those pairings, but I have a feeling everyone's patience with Del Zotto would be stretched to its limit with him playing top pairing, especially on the right side.

16 To Stanley*

I don't mind those pairings, but I have a feeling everyone's patience with Del Zotto would be stretched to its limit with him playing top pairing, especially on the right side.

Let Staal play right side then. I don't think you designate it as "first pairing" just more so, 3 solid pairings. I think the Girardi pairing is the clear cut #3. But shutdown wise i'd say it would be Stralman - McD as the #1.

Not saying it's right, just food for thought.

I don't feel comfortable having Moore-Stralman together.

16 To Stanley*

I think i'd probably be on of the guys getting sick of MDZ though lol

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I don't see the logic in moving our #1 RHD to the left side of the third pair.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I don't see the logic in moving our #1 RHD to the left side of the third pair.

I don't think he was paying attention to sides, just pairs. I noticed it as well, but Moore is LH, G is RH. I doubt it was intentional. I've already argued about Girardi being our best RH option in this thread though. Apparently, he's not cutting the mustard.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't know how I feel about breaking up the team's top pairing that has proven to be successful just because some stats make Stralman appear to be Jesus Christ himself

Girardi's subpar shortened season really dug him into a hole for some people huh?

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I think this is a loss, but I'm still optimistic about the season and our lineup overall, and will continue to be until we're at least 20 games in.

Cally coming back in is huge, but give him and Step time to acclimate, then anticipate Hags and of course the entire D adjusting to the new system cleanly.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
wow second game of the year and you guys are already this negative? how bad does it get as the year goes on....

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
The one bright spot is that Sutter refuses to take Robyn "Liability" Regehr off of the top pairing which by association neuters Doughty as well.

Just as I want McDonagh-Strålman to be the Rangers' top pairing, Kings fans clamour for Muzzin-Doughty who were almost as dominant as the Ranger pairing last season. Muzzin who arguably was even more impressive than Strålman last season.

Dwight King's Agent ‏@RobertJFTC 1h

Hmm. Play Robyn Regehr every night on the 1st pair or win a Stanley Cup again....decisions, decisions.
Dwight King's Agent ‏@RobertJFTC 1h

One big reason the Kings can't scratch Robyn Regehr is that it might hurt his feelings.
Rudy Kelly ‏@rudykelly 1h

@RobertJFTC It would be the best thing ever if the Kings finally scratched Regehr and put in Ellerby instead of Martinez

I mean they prefer Keaton freaking Ellerby over Regehr at this point!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings fan coming in peace.
I think these teams match up well. Both captains play similar styles of play, arguably top two goalies in the league, and great depth on D.
Should be good.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
i hate boyle, but people are overreacting to the phoenix game. boyle and pyatt actually played decent games and are better options right now than miller or fast.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
wow second game of the year and you guys are already this negative? how bad does it get as the year goes on....

It actually gets much worse as the season goes on, and its gotten worse every season around here.

There was a time when there would more discussion on here, now you have to weed through pages of whining and smilies.

I think most rational fans around here kinda thought this team might not get off to a strong start due to: new coach implementing a new system, all games on the road and strength of opponents we are playing. I think the team might only win 3 or 4 of the first 10 games of the season...but they'll still in it at the end of the season

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

I was very positive during the summer, but was very let down by the Phoenix game. Not the final score, which was unfortunate, but how they were outplayed 5v5. The Sharks ran over the Coyotes a few days later.

The team needs to gel and Hagelin needs to return from injury, from that point on I think the Rangers have the potential to be a top-3 team in the league. But AV needs to figure out how these players work, because he is putting basically all of our best players into positions to fail at the moment.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Oh just you wait till the first time we play in Montreal :laugh:

I already have those games chalked up as losses. They are under Biron's stat-line since it's 99% he's getting those starts. As a team we are 0-0-3 to start the season, need one tonight, boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia