GDT: #2 - 10/7/13 | New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:30 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I already have those games chalked up as losses. They are under Biron's stat-line since it's 99% he's getting those starts. As a team we are 0-0-3 to start the season, need one tonight, boys!
The problem with this place leading up to/during/after the games in Montreal is that everyone knows they're gonna be losses, they all say it, then while the game is going on and after they all seem surprised that the team lost. It's flat out stupidity

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Refraining from making any predictions and will just watch the game, enjoy, and hope for the best. LGR.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It actually gets much worse as the season goes on, and its gotten worse every season around here.

There was a time when there would more discussion on here, now you have to weed through pages of whining and smilies.

I think most rational fans around here kinda thought this team might not get off to a strong start due to: new coach implementing a new system, all games on the road and strength of opponents we are playing. I think the team might only win 3 or 4 of the first 10 games of the season...but they'll still in it at the end of the season

You offer me 4 wins I'm running with it

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Hopefully the team isn't as big of ******* as it's fans.

We'll win tonight, and the reason is we're not that bad. Just a bunch of fans that don't have the balls to hope for a win, set yourselves up for failure all you want but when failure is all you get you better not ***** because it's all you deserve.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
Looking at both Pyatt’s and Boyle’s #fancystats from the first game on Thursday, both players drove puck possession exceptionally well considering their zone starts (Boyle – 0% OZ start, Pyatt – 9.1% OZ start). Pyatt had a whopping 75% CF%, and Boyle a 57.9% CF%. Miller on the other hand, who started 16.7% of his shifts in the OZ (worth noting he started 66.7% of his shifts in the DZ), had a 31.3% CF%.

http://www.blueseatblogs.com/2013/10/07/fancystats-on-keeping-boylepyatt-over-miller/

Obviously a one-game sample, but Pyatt and Boyle outplayed Miller significantly in Phoenix.

ret513

Oct 22, 2008
Rangers will win tonight.. Cause it looks and feels like they won't. Little Zuccarello with a goal tonight. Lungqvist is gonna be focused...Lgr!!!!

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Two things not being done to help this team win

1) No "This is a bad hockey team" thread
2) Where the **** are the good luck gifs?

J2NuG1I.gif

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
A loss is whatever its the Kings, they are big, skilled and have great goaltending and we are trasitioning. A win however would certainly give this team some confidence.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Quick is overrated, but the rest of the Kings are pretty underrated so it evens out.

Excecpt Regehr, Regehr is ****ing terrible.

Yeah you're not going to convince me that the Kings are underrated with how many posters are continually on their knob. Look at this thread, people already gave up.

16 To Stanley*

Quick is overrated, but the rest of the Kings are pretty underrated so it evens out.

Quick is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's not like he's 23 years old. He's 27 and 28 in January.

He had one really good year and a fantastic playoffs. Look at his stats otherwise. Look at his stats last year on a good LA team.

He's not the second best goalie in the NHL and he's certainly not the best.

Above average goalie on an above average team. I think he was something like 38th in Sv% last season :help:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

I don't see Quick as overrated at all. Guy won a Conn Smythe. He will probably be the #1 in Sochi this year just short of falling off a cliff and Miller standing on his head again.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Quick is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's not like he's 23 years old. He's 27 and 28 in January.

He had one really good year and a fantastic playoffs. Look at his stats otherwise. Look at his stats last year on a good LA team.

Above average goalie on an above average team. I think he was something like 38th in Sv% last season :help:

Henrik is over 30, what's age got to do with it? Especially for goalies.

Right now if I wanted someone to back-stop my SCF team who wasn't named Henrik Lundqvist, it would be Quick. Rask being a close second.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah you're not going to convince me that the Kings are underrated with how many posters are continually in their knob. Look at this thread, people already gave up.

I don't see Quick as overrated at all. Guy won a Conn Smythe. He will probably be the #1 in Sochi this year just short of falling off a cliff and Miller standing on his head again.

The Kings dominate teams 5v5 (except when Regehr is on), but they lack finish so the games stay close. Justin Williams is ridiculously good, but no one ever acknowledges him. Instead Brown gets a lot of accolades for just riding shotgun to Williams and Kopitar and diving.

Richards and especially Carter (I'm serious) are two-way forces. Doughty, Voynov, and Muzzin are fantastic PMDs, most teams wuld be lucky to have one PMD as good as either of the three.

Quick is overrated. Clutch play is a myth at this level of sports, chokers have been weeded out years before they reach anywhere near the NHL level. He is only 15th among starters in 5v5 Sv% over the past three seasons. Hardly a top-3 goalie.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Right now if I wanted someone to back-stop my SCF team who wasn't named Henrik Lundqvist, it would be Quick. Rask being a close second.

Lundqvist has been a consistent performer his entire career, Quick not so much. Age isn't a big deal, but you should be consistent by the time you're 27.

The Kings dominate teams 5v5 (except when Regehr is on), but they lack finish so the games stay close. Justin Williams is ridiculously good, but no one ever acknowledges him. Instead Brown gets a lot of accolades for just riding shotgun to Williams and Kopitar and diving.

Richards and especially Carter (I'm serious) are two-way forces. Doughty, Voynov, and Muzzin are fantastic PMDs, most teams wuld be lucky to have one PMD as good as either of the three.

Quick is overrated. Clutch play is a myth at this level of sports, chokers have been weeded out years before they reach anywhere near the NHL level. He is only 15th among starters in 5v5 Sv% over the past three seasons. Hardly a top-3 goalie.

Williams is underrated for sure, Brown is massively overrated. Really not a fan. They're a good team but they're not world beaters IMO.

16 To Stanley*

Lundqvist has put up 8 very good seasons. And a couple of those were fantastic. He has much more of a track record.

Quick has put up two really good years and isn't some young guy just coming into the NHL. People overrate him because they act like he's some up and comer, which just isn't true. He is a good goalie, who's had one outrageously good year.

People, understandably so, are going to remember him and that season. But it hasn't been a standard with him. He hasn't been nearly as consistent year in year out.

Lundqvist has.

It had nothing to do with saying he's a geezer. I was just explaining that he isn't a 22 year old that just entered the NHL and has had a couple great seasons. he's been around for a while and has seasons that are good and bad.

Last season he was pretty bad.....Lundqvist doesn't have any season in his career where you can say it was even close to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->