Post-Game Talk: #2 - 10/06/18 | RANGERS @ sabres | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the window of opportunity to trade Lundqvist is now. Plenty of teams would love to upgrade their goalie and not give up a ton?
I know it’s a legit idea. And I don’t mean to single-out you, at all. But I want an ignore button for Lundqvist trade ideas. As I said, it’s reasonable to want it. But it’s not happening.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I know it’s a legit idea. And I don’t mean to single-out you, at all. But I want an ignore button for Lundqvist trade ideas. As I said, it’s reasonable to want it. But it’s not happening.

Other than sentimentality there is no reason for it to not happen. Rangers will retire his number either way and will hire him to some executive position after he retires if he wants it. Rangers paid him a ton of money and don't owe him anything extra.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
How come we always say stuff like: "the goalie had our number"? I mean this happens so often, maybe it's just our players can't shoot for shit?

Reactions: Ori

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
How come we always say stuff like: "the goalie had our number"? I mean this happens so often, maybe it's just our players can't shoot for ****?

oh yeah. the goalies could give a rats ass about playing against Los Rangers de Nueva York.

Don’t let anyone fool you. The goalies don’t stand on their heads as much as they fall asleep and the shots hit their crest** anyway.

**The shots they don’t shoot wide or into the netting blocking the stands.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Glad Chytil is okay.

Refs made some terrible errors that changed the game ultimately.

Question: How is it that the NHL, in certain circumstances, can overturn a goal that was scored off of zone entry that was a centimetre offside 5 minutes prior, but if a goal is scored with six players on the ice, they can't do shit? That's insane.

Congrats to Howden on his first goal.

Hank has been solid so far.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Other than sentimentality there is no reason for it to not happen. Rangers will retire his number either way and will hire him to some executive position after he retires if he wants it. Rangers paid him a ton of money and don't owe him anything extra.
Which part of NMC (No Move Clause) is difficult to grasp ?

Lundqvist cannot be traded unless he says ok. He cannot be moved (waived, as in, going to the minors) without him saying ok.. you can do two things with him, play him, or bench him. Thats it. The only way around an NMC is a buyout.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Glad Chytil is okay.
yeah, that looked very scary for a moment... i couldn't believe how quickly he came back to the bench, i expected full comprehensive concussion protocol, but i dont think he was in the locker room even 10 minutes, hehe.

Reactions: egelband

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The problem is there are too many wolfpack players on the roster like J. Vesey, and those few with talents are actually playing at Wolfpack.

So how to fix this.

Send down:
- Vesey
- Pionk
- Lettieri

Call up:

- Lias
- Libor
- Holland

The KZB line is struggling recently with the new system and coach, and I can`t explain exact why or the main reason, but they are not visible enough 5 v 5. It`s a good reason why AV used Vesey on the 4th line - he is too inconsistent, cold/hot all the time, and he was hot against Nashville in MSG still has 0 pts. I actually think Vesey could benefit playing some AHL hockey again, there are many areas of his skillset which can improve, but he is completely out of place in that top 6 wing role. Vesey can be a much better defensive and a passer, and Vesey need to train his finishing skills. But he should be nowhere near the top 6 wing role in NHL.

What I would enjoy to see are actually new lines, because it`s really poor balance with passer and shooters with how Quinn are using players at the moment, and AV did the same in his last year, but we had Grabner and Nash at the time.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
For now I'd rather see Hajek and Andersson in the AHL getting lots of minutes. If we could move Hayes and Smith in February that would work perfectly. I could live with sending Pionk down if that's the only way to get DeAngelo ice time, then bring him back after trading McQuaid.

Reactions: Ori

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Staal somehow escapes blame. Someone needs to tell him a "No Movement Clause" doesn't mean you get to lay on the ice like a dead fish while the other team scores.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like Hayes has no future under this coach, last night he spent 34 of the last 40 mins on the bench. He still looks lazy and has zero speed.

Chytil replaced Hayes on the Zucc-Vesey line, and this was interesting. Zucc took the center position, and he turned out to be a pretty good faceoff guy. Chytil has serious issues there, but he's still very young..

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Might as well do three stars after losses now because there will be so many of them.

(Sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm not around so much these days.)
You picked the wrong time to come back. The board that pushed so hard for a tank is about to lose its shit after two losses to start the season. It will be a long year, and not just on the ice.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Looks like Hayes has no future under this coach, last night he spent 34 of the last 40 mins on the bench. He still looks lazy and has zero speed.

Chytil replaced Hayes on the Zucc-Vesey line, and this was interesting. Zucc took the center position, and he turned out to be a pretty good faceoff guy. Chytil has serious issues there, but he's still very young..
Howden replaced Hates

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
was at the game.

I could say we won the game bc we were dominant for long stretches and the refs had a few wtf moments and we out shot them and Chtyl and howden are very good players and hank looked ok blah blah blah but I can’t.

We pretty much suck. Can’t score and can defense a man down. Gonna be a long year of not scoring many goals.

Defense actually bit bad but our forwards sonalot of nothing.

Bufs barn is always nice tho.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Think @jas has mentioned it a few times too but wait until the injury bug comes around. You lose any of the top line guys for any amount of time and yikes.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Looks like Hayes has no future under this coach, last night he spent 34 of the last 40 mins on the bench. He still looks lazy and has zero ..
I sort of agree, Hayes better wake up and play like we all know he's capable of playing or he will not be brought back.

I feel like it's more reasonable to acknowledge the possibility that he could improve instead of assuming that one single bad game in game 2 will definitely represent the whole year.

I guess we've seen this so much from hayes so idk maybe it's fair to write him off now but still, why ignore that possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad