• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's also surprising to see so much talk about trading Hank. I mean, I understand (but do not share) the desire, but are people actually thinking that's a move that's going to happen, like in the same calendar year where Henrik said he didn't want to be moved? It just seems completely unrealistic that anyone would want him and at the same time he'd want to go there.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Wait, what? Vesey has been the best forward on the team through two games. He was the best player on the ice for Game 1 on either team IMO and followed it up with another good game last night. Sure, he can't finish for ****, but he's getting a ton of chances and surely deserves to stay. Pionk was fantastic in the first game. He slipped yesterday, but he has a lot of promise and has not done anything to warrant sending him down. If anything, his ice time should increase.

There are guys you can take out of the lineup, but I have to call into question your judgement when you promote sending down 2 of the players on the team that have actually looked pretty decent thus far.

I also don't understand all the negativity in here. Personally, I feel much more optimistic than I did before the season started. The team played really well in both games and Chytil and especially Howden have looked fantastic.

We are not winning the cup this year. We are very likely not making the playoffs. Enjoy the season for what it is, a developmental one. Those that expect wins every night are going to get a lot of grey hairs this year and make this forum insufferable for those who are realists.

Perfectly stated. If expectations are higher, why? Perhaps it is assumed that X player is a far better player if he has Y and Z teammates.

So the blame will be thrown at the dreadful linemates, the coaching staff, etc.

The reality might very well be: player X isn’t as good as you think he is.

Also, we are literally 2 games into the season. We have 80 more to go. How on earth are there people already complaining about the coaching staff and the team? :huh: We don’t even have a sample size.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't think Henrik will be traded. I don't want Henrik to be traded. I'm just trying to spitball what would actually happen if it did...I just don't see anyone giving up a major asset for him at this point in his career.

Reactions: Rangerfans

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
and forgot to ask, what lesson was Learned with the Leetch trade? That they waited to long to make the move? Because they did.
It's not the same scenario as leetch as far as waiting too long. But the problem with leetch is it basically turned into nothing to just leave a sour taste for everyone involved. Management was in the right and probably from a culture perspective it probably had to be done just to prove the rangers would rebuild.

But take all those negatives with leetch and multiply it. Henrik has the right to refuse a trade, so if he even wants to go his value is mitigated. He's a goalie so it's already low. His cap is high. The days of believing a goalie will be the big factor in a cup run are gone.

So if the value is null, he isn't hurting the rebuild and it taints his legacy (and I'm sorry, this is sports not war or politics... everything is sentimental), what purpose does a trade serve?

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Is trading Henrik even worth litigating? It's not going to happen.
It’s an idiotic concept that makes no sense.
People don’t listen. He literally says, “I want to stay.”
People begin to fabricate their personal opinions and say, “He doesn’t want to stay. He wants a cup.”
Yes, he would like a cup. But nothing is guaranteed. Far too much parity.

No, he will not move his entire professional livelihood, move his family, etc. for this monster change at the off-chance he will win a cup. :rolleyes:

Leave Beniot Allaire? Leave the treatment that NYR provide? If he wants to leave, you bet the Rangers will do whatever it takes to provide him with a good home. But that will come at a cost.

Other then that? He’s not leaving.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
The problem is there are too many wolfpack players on the roster like J. Vesey, and those few with talents are actually playing at Wolfpack.

So how to fix this.

Send down:
- Vesey
- Pionk
- Lettieri

Call up:

- Lias
- Libor
- Holland

The KZB line is struggling recently with the new system and coach, and I can`t explain exact why or the main reason, but they are not visible enough 5 v 5. It`s a good reason why AV used Vesey on the 4th line - he is too inconsistent, cold/hot all the time, and he was hot against Nashville in MSG still has 0 pts. I actually think Vesey could benefit playing some AHL hockey again, there are many areas of his skillset which can improve, but he is completely out of place in that top 6 wing role. Vesey can be a much better defensive and a passer, and Vesey need to train his finishing skills. But he should be nowhere near the top 6 wing role in NHL.

What I would enjoy to see are actually new lines, because it`s really poor balance with passer and shooters with how Quinn are using players at the moment, and AV did the same in his last year, but we had Grabner and Nash at the time.

that fixes nothing, Holland sucks.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
that fixes nothing, Holland sucks.
Peter in Deadpool 2 is based on Holland, by name literally.
Peter in DP2 has no powers of any kind. He is accepted into X Force. Peter Holland has no special hockey skills of any kind. He makes the Rangers.

Ryan Reynolds is Canadian. He watches hockey. He knows about Peter Holland.

#moviecharacterinspiration

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Lundqvist hates losing, and he has never won a Cup, if we continue to find ways to lose he will change his mind and be ok about getting traded to a contender.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Which coach is responsible for Defense? Same dude that was responsible for it last season and did not get canned when they cleaned house.
Actually if you listened or watched some of the preseason games you might have heard that they switched and ruff is coaching the forwards and one of the new assistants the D. All your hot takes from last night we’re pure garbage. Lay off the flower that have a tendency to make you paranoid buddy. Your a wrecking ball with your ignorant hot takes

Last edited:

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Lundqvist hates losing, and he has never won a Cup, if we continue to find ways to lose he will change his mind and be ok about getting traded to a contender.
Still going? I haven’t even caught up in the thread.

The goalie had a great game. The whole we let a backup make us look bad. These are NHL goalies, just like anything, some nights you are really on, you’ve watched hockey how long and think a backup isnt good. Plus the Sabres signed this guy to be the starter. The fact you miss everything said on the telecasts lead me to believe your watching the games from someplace busy where you can’t hear audio. Probably with alcohol involved. And suddenly I get your hot takes

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'd like if they moved some players around, I'm not jumping off the bridge yet and really I had little expectations for this year but I'd prefer if Spooner was used on the 2nd line than Vesey, vesey cant finish imo and he can do the same thing hes doing on a lower line. They need to get Namesticov back in the lineup, hes a scoring option for a club that cant score but he also needs to not be so low in the lineup and needs to play with high level players, he cant carry a line, and hes not a grinder but hes a good enough supporting player. Any word on lineup for tonight? Does DeAngelo get in?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's also surprising to see so much talk about trading Hank. I mean, I understand (but do not share) the desire, but are people actually thinking that's a move that's going to happen, like in the same calendar year where Henrik said he didn't want to be moved? It just seems completely unrealistic that anyone would want him and at the same time he'd want to go there.
I want him moved for his sake. The fans are going to turn on him so, so fast. For all the talk around here about "bleeding blue" and "warriors" for the team, for whatever reason, the guy who carried this organization for the last 13 years and refused to be dealt during what would likely be some down years is going to take crap for it.

Before the Caps won the cup last year, I had visions of Ovi and Hank colluding at the 2021 trade deadline and going to the same contender to lift the cup together, then retire. Alas, it shan't be.

The list of other veterans who will be UFA at the same time Hank will be but also have not won a cup is now much less enticing.

So now I don't even have that to look forward to :( ;)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No we can’t bc this website is funky and doesn’t allow you to stay signed in. So to read the threads while being able to ignore people, I have to sign in every new thread page. These guys should be banned. It taints everything here

Like just now I had to sign in to begin a post, then It asked me to sign in again to post the post, and then when i went to edit the post to say this, it’s asked me to sign in again. So no I can’t ignore anybody here and this sign in is annoying
This website 100% allows you to stay signed in.

Did you change your bookmark to https instead of http? I had this issue after the change, but once I changed over to https, HF was able to remember my login with no issue.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
It was both. Howden was subbing in for Hayes earlier and then Chytil rotated into that slot later, per ShiftChart
Howden moved up when chytil went into protocol and then rather move howden back down (bc he was playing well with better lineups) when chytil returned, he put chytil in Hayes spot and Hayes in howden’s

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
This website 100% allows you to stay signed in.

Did you change your bookmark to https instead of http? I had this issue after the change, but once I changed over to https, HF was able to remember my login with no issue.
I’m sure your supposed to be able to stay signed in. That’s what I’m saying, something about the way I have my privacy or cookie defsultly set up, won’t allow me to stay signed in. But I’m not gonna change my entire setting to stayed long into hfboards and subsequently I can’t ignore the taint/dark side of reading the ranger threads here

Reactions: Rangerfans

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I want him moved for his sake. The fans are going to turn on him so, so fast. For all the talk around here about "bleeding blue" and "warriors" for the team, for whatever reason, the guy who carried this organization for the last 13 years and refused to be dealt during what would likely be some down years is going to take crap for it.

Before the Caps won the cup last year, I had visions of Ovi and Hank colluding at the 2021 trade deadline and going to the same contender to lift the cup together, then retire. Alas, it shan't be.

The list of other veterans who will be UFA at the same time Hank will be but also have not won a cup is now much less enticing.

The solution to your dream dilemma is obviously Hank forcing a trade to San Jose to be a 1A/1B with Jones a la Fleury/Murray and get a cup with Karlsson and Thorton

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
You cannot make such bold accusations. You are basing this off your opinion, with not even anecdotal evidence to prove it. You are literally making this up.

You are right. Lundqvist hates losing and he has never won a Cup (though he has won several world championships and Olympic gold medals). That is the only truth that you’ve stated.

Why would he automatically want to be traded to a contender? Does he want to move his family out of NYC? What organizations have piqued his interest? Does he believe in loyalty and devotion? No one knows what the man is thinking. Stop with the conjectures.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Something about you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian...

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
But I’m not gonna change my entire setting to stayed long into hfboards and subsequently I can’t ignore the taint/dark side of reading the ranger threads here

It’s the most entertaining part of the boards. I would be so bored if everyone was on the same page.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m sure your supposed to be able to stay signed in. That’s what I’m saying, something about the way I have my privacy or cookie defsultly set up, won’t allow me to stay signed in. But I’m not gonna change my entire setting to stayed long into hfboards and subsequently I can’t ignore the taint/dark side of reading the ranger threads here
The solution given at the time was to clear your cache and update your bookmark, and of course clear out the auto-fill entry that pops up if it's not the secure site. I mean I dealt with it for a coupe weeks and then finally decided to take the literally two minutes to fix it.

If you go to the HTTP protocol instead of the secure HTTPS protocol, you'll get redirected to the HTTPS version but have to sign in again. So just get any references to the HTTP unsecured site off your computer or phone or whatever and you're good.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Popped in the sabres gdt and saw someone call that a “beautiful pass”

lmao

Same on Twitter yesterday, had to watch it a couple times. Apparently he planned for a deflection off of a Ranger skate to happen. Just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad