GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
bickel isnt really better than eminger. eminger is the better skater and the better overall player.

hagelin is trying to do to much. its torts' deal. he put him there. hes got to be moved down. i understand torts trying to get some speed on that line but hes got limited offensive skills. we saw that at michigan. hes a super pk guy and speed checker.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Lots of hockey left, but the Rangers need to play the body more. Just about everyone looks invisible except Callahan that period. Bickel and Hagelin have looked plain awful.

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
Being down 3-1 sucks, but it's not the worst. For a good 8 minutes we dominated and had great zone time. Come out of intermission hot and take back control of this game. We will be fine.

And don't play Bickel.

GetAGoodFeeling

Fart Sniffer
Mar 21, 2012
Queens
Boyle is the perfect example of a disposable pawn in the chess match that is NHL Hockey.

You lose Boyle, does anyone notice?

I think not, heh.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Team just doesn't look like they know what to do with the puck - hesitant. And when they finally make a decision with the puck, it's too late, and the pass doesn't connect. No flow whatsoever to their offense, defense isn't solid either. Lockout hangover I'm hoping.

Ugh. Anyway, Cally's PPG for anyone wanting a second look or hasn't seen it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hank and the defense is why we went to the ECF.

Gaborik scored 40. Callahan 29. Richards had 66 points. The offense was 11 out of 30 in terms of goals per game in the regular season and 9 out of 16 in the playoffs. Not stellar, but not terrible by any means. It looks like the guys aren't executing, making stupid mistakes, not that the system is bad.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Lots of hockey left, but the Rangers need to play the body more. Just about everyone looks invisible except Callahan that period. Bickel and Hagelin have looked plain awful.

This. Nash seemed willing to do so in the beginning, but stopped halfway through the period. Get HAgelin to the 3rd line and Bickel OFF THIS TEAM.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&type=CON&date=02/01/2012

When will you guys stop using "short season" as an excuse to act like the ****ing world is ending? Do you remember how bad we looked in the first few weeks of last year? Look at these standings.

Anyway, I don't have faith that we can score 3 goals to get the W right now. Nash looks MUCH better but I just don't think we have the cohesion yet. Would love to be proven wrong.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm legitimately concerned about our defense.

Don't say it's two games because it isn't.

They had a horrible last month of last regular season, they were badly exposed by New Jersey, they sucked last night, and they suck again tonight.

It's becoming frequent.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Its still not a good place to be, when you consider the difference between 25 and 30 wins could be the difference between 2nd and 9th place. Each game is massive. We need to try to salvage something out of this.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
This period was definitely better offensively, but they need to settle down in their own zone. Hopefully Torts scares them into playing better this period.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Hopefully Eminger gets the nod over Bickel next game. I think Eminger was more than serviceable last year prior to his injury. Feel like he had trouble coming back after his shoulder injury.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm legitimately concerned about our defense.

Don't say it's two games because it isn't.

They had a horrible last month of last regular season, they were badly exposed by New Jersey, they sucked last night, and they suck again tonight.

It's becoming frequent.

McD and Girardi had to play 9,999,999 minutes the last month of the season. The way the Rangers play, they WILL wear down as the season goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad