GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

92hatchattack

Dec 23, 2005
Jersey
So this is what the team is like when Lundqvist isnt on top of his game

Pretty much. But this is the typical start of a season for Lundy. Watch him. He's moving a lot. Fighting the puck. Give him 5-6 games and he will start to settle down. His movements will become less and smoother.... its like this every year.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm not saying it's fair, or that he's gotten enough help, but the simple fact is Hank needs to play better if the Rangers want to win some games.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm gonna get flamed, because you guys won't admit it, but Hank is terrible at stopping deflections

You know who's terrible at stopping deflections??

everyone.gif

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I told you guys yesterday that the Pens are not an easier matchup than the Bruins. The Rangers have some serious kinks they have to workout before Wednesday.

Step one would be removing Bickel from the Roster.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Hagelin and Kreider should switch spots. Kreider has been looking pretty good, Hagelin has been looking like crap.

Bingo. Did you see the breakout where Kreider was skating his ass off waiting for a pass and Boyle passed it about 10 feet ahead of him? You need to put Kreider with good players.

16 To Stanley*

It was effective over 82 games. With teams gunning from the start, if he doesn't open it up, blocking shots for 60 minutes a game will fail.

Seriously, as a hockey fan I'm just commenting on what I see. The Rangers lineup is too good to see this type of display.

And it was effective in the playoffs. Also, what you're saying doesn't make sense. If something is effective over 82 games (and eventually over 100 w/ playoffs) then that should prove it will certainly be effective over 48 games.

On top of that, Torts has brought this team from a borderline playoff team to a top contender. He has won a cup and is one of the most successful coaches in US history.

Sorry if i disagree with you, but I'm sure i've watched the rangers a lot more than you have (i was a season ticket holder until this year) and i've seen torts system at work versus multiple other coaches in rangers past.

What you are watching isn't what the rangers will be. Torts is the kind of coach that needs time to get players to learn his system fully. With no pre-season or really training camp, the rangers are hurt more than most teams. I have full confidence, come playoff time, this team will be ready.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Its early but 48 game season, not good to start off slow, Also, Hank has allowed some pretty damn weak goals early on, gotta get this stuff fixed quick.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Hagelin and Kreider should switch spots. Kreider has been looking pretty good, Hagelin has been looking like crap.

Kreider has looked bleh... Which is better than Hagelin who has looked like piss. Nash did all the work and set him up to shoot and he passes it into the Pens skates.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I dont want to hear that its early or its one game no big deal. This is a 48 game season so there is no time to screw around. Next game is against the Bruins again and we know the Bruins are already in midseason form so when will the Rangers join the party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad