GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Lol everyone bashes Boyle when he has done nothing wrong. :laugh:

Seriously. Guy was fine last game, too.

And here I would have people lead me to believe i'm just a Boyle hater. If i'm a Boyle hater and defending the guy who had a solid game last night and hasn't been awful today, what are half of the people on this board?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
its funny how some are so complimentary. We are down 3-1 but hey we are playing better than yesterday lol. Well would hope so because yesterday we played as bad as you can possibly play

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&type=CON&date=02/01/2012

When will you guys stop using "short season" as an excuse to act like the ****ing world is ending? Do you remember how bad we looked in the first few weeks of last year? Look at these standings.

Anyway, I don't have faith that we can score 3 goals to get the W right now. Nash looks MUCH better but I just don't think we have the cohesion yet. Would love to be proven wrong.

Agreed completely. You can see the talent in Nash. Some of the control and possession are great, but he passes it off and we fumble it. Happened to Hagelin in the last few mins of that period. Nash came down the middle, maintained control, passed to Hags and he fumbles it away. Im not really worried about the first 7-10 games. Its gonna take time. Bickel needs to go though. Eminger is definitely the superior option there.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Why do we not play Emmy? He's been solid and reliable most of the time and has a lot more potential than Bickel. What is Torts' insistence on Bickel?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McD and Girardi had to play 9,999,999 minutes the last month of the season. The way the Rangers play, they WILL wear down as the season goes.

They have to play that much because it's becoming evident that they're our only pairing. Staal has been Bickel-like thus far.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
They have to play that much because it's becoming evident that they're our only pairing. Staal has been Bickel-like thus far.

Disagree.

Girardi was terrible in the last month of the season and adequate in the playoffs.

Really, we have 2 pairings...but MDZ can't play with Staal, Stralman has **** the bed so far, and Bickel is the worst player in the NHL.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why do we not play Emmy? He's been solid and reliable most of the time and has a lot more potential than Bickel. What is Torts' insistence on Bickel?

If I had to guess, it would have to do with Eminger looking weak at the start of the year. He struggled in the preseason both prior years he was with us. I think he may be more of a diesel engine.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hagelin needs to stop trying to be Rick Nash and go back to being Carl Hagelin. He's been way too cute.

Let's leave the ankle breaking and inside out passes to the guys who can actually do it.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Staal will be fine, we both know this. Bickel is useless,. Del Zotto is hit or miss. We really only have 3 capable D men at the moment (Girardi, mcd and staal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->