GDT: #2 - 01/16/21 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Listen not to get political as we’ve already discussed this but this scratch and practicing with the JV is not JUST about slamming a penalty door. This is much deeper and all the reporters are touching on his social media today among other things that are antagonizing management

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Listen not to get political as we’ve already discussed this but this scratch and practicing with the JV is not JUST about slamming a penalty door. This is much deeper and all the reporters are touching on his social media today among other things that are antagonizing management

No Quinn said it was about slamming the door.

There have been bigger assholes in this sport who have done MUCH worse than DeAngelo and don't get scratched for it.

Fatso across the river was a f***ing waste of skin of a human being, they didn't scratch him.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Are you serious? Why can't you root for them with TDA? Please tell me it's not his politics.

I’m not going to talk about politics here. It’s the documented racial and homophobic slurs, abuse of officials, bigotry towards teammates. It’s hard to root for the guy to have any success.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m not going to talk about politics here. It’s the documented racial and homophobic slurs, abuse of officials, bigotry towards teammates. It’s hard to root for the guy to have any success.

Then root for another team, I don't know what to tell you. If you're going to root for the team to be worse because the guy made a homophobic slur when he was a kid, which a lot of kids do then you're not rooting for the team's success, what's the point?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No Quinn said it was about slamming the door.

There have been bigger assholes in this sport who have done MUCH worse than DeAngelo and don't get scratched for it.

Fatso across the river was a f***ing waste of skin of a human being, they didn't scratch him.

this was a last straw thing not a oh he slammed a door let’s embarrass him for two days.

Reactions: Siddi

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Larry's articles always have more of what's really going on.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don’t get sitting Shesty when we don’t play until Tuesday. He’s done this before, his first game wasn’t great and his first games back from injuries weren’t either. Just let him get in a rhythm

Reactions: kovazub94

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Need to stick with a lineup for once, let them figure it out. Kakko should stay with Panarin, Shesty should start.
Agreed with the lineup, disagree with the goalie. Not because Shesty was bad, but they need to play Georgiyev in this condenced season anyway. Might as well get him going early.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I had to pick a defenseman who played alright the other night it would be Ryan Lindgren. Basically he gives you the same game after game after game. I don't think any of the other d-men played well at all.

I've got no problem really dressing Brendan Smith for this one but it would be Jack Johnson who would come out. So why pick on Tony? DeAngelo didn't help himself taking the double minor. I don't know about anyone else but Tony was clearly miffed by the original call and it didn't shock me at all that he slammed the penalty box door--nor did it shock me when the Ref tagged him for another two minutes. That's an undisciplined and selfish thing on DeAngelo's part.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If I had to pick a defenseman who played alright the other night it would be Ryan Lindgren. Basically he gives you the same game after game after game. I don't think any of the other d-men played well at all.

I've got no problem really dressing Brendan Smith for this one but it would be Jack Johnson who would come out. So why pick on Tony? DeAngelo didn't help himself taking the double minor. I don't know about anyone else but Tony was clearly miffed by the original call and it didn't shock me at all that he slammed the penalty box door--nor did it shock me when the Ref tagged him for another two minutes. That's an undisciplined and selfish thing on DeAngelo's part.
I didn’t notice Lindgren (or fox except for a few PP plays). That’s a good thing for that disaster of a game

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
ADA just knew that the PK needs practice that is why he took an extra penalty. He was simply trying to help the team get better on the PK in a meaningless game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia