GDT: #2 - 01/16/21 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Scariest take from the first game:

Last season I said Trouba is the strongest player on the team ... he looked small and soft af last game.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
DQ is playing 4D chess. His moves will become apparent when they unfurl tonight in front of us.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
56 game schedule, they don't have 10-15 games to waste.

This is true but I still think it takes 10 games to see the team we saw in long stretches last year. It was always a 50/50 shot of making playoffs anyway being in such a tough division. It would be great to make it but I think the organizational mindset is it's about next year and beyond.

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
56 game schedule, they don't have 10-15 games to waste.

Yeah but at the same time, with that argument, if you do make a coaching change, does that new coaching staff have enough time to establish their system with this group? Its very possible that if Quinn does shit the bed, having had a coaching change gives us a similar result because in a 56 game schedule the new coaching staff can't right the ship in time. Quinn could still right the ship before a new coaching staff could. Im not against changing course with a new coaching staff (even though I think 1 game is too soon) but with a shortened season the results may be the same( for this season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->