GDT: #2 - 01/16/21 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If Quinn is sitting TDA because he says unpopular things on social media then he's an even bigger clown than I imagined.

I don’t think it’s necessarily what he says it’s the fighting with fans in the process of saying what he says and I’m sure he’s been talked to about it and continued to ignore it. I’ve seen him multiple times say he’s not going to talk politics anymore and he continues to do it anyway

Reactions: Siddi

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
If I had to pick a defenseman who played alright the other night it would be Ryan Lindgren. Basically he gives you the same game after game after game. I don't think any of the other d-men played well at all.

I've got no problem really dressing Brendan Smith for this one but it would be Jack Johnson who would come out. So why pick on Tony? DeAngelo didn't help himself taking the double minor. I don't know about anyone else but Tony was clearly miffed by the original call and it didn't shock me at all that he slammed the penalty box door--nor did it shock me when the Ref tagged him for another two minutes. That's an undisciplined and selfish thing on DeAngelo's part.
I thought he had an off game.

He didn't bleed.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t think it’s necessarily what he says it’s the fighting with fans in the process of saying what he says and I’m sure he’s been talked to about it and continued to ignore it. I’ve seen him multiple times say he’s not going to talk politics anymore and he continues to do it anyway

Nothing to do with his play in the NHL. I'm not saying he's right, but you don't sabotage your team over it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Quinn is sitting TDA because he says unpopular things on social media then he's an even bigger clown than I imagined.

I think it’s because he is bringing that attitude onto the ice and it’s hurting the team. It’s one thing to take a roughing penalty to defend another player or your goalie, or to challenge an opposing player to a fight to get your team morale up, but to mouth off to the refs and slam the door? Honestly, I don’t think Quinn is that far off.

I do disagree about Kakko though, have to give him more time in the Top 6. I think Benching/demoting him last game was enough to send a message.

But what do I know. I am not a NHL head coach. Lol.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I thought he had an off game.

He didn't bleed.

The Rangers on the whole were way too deliberate moving the puck up the ice. Our passing was horrific and almost everyone was f***ing up simple plays. That said you stake the Isles to two early goals and they can make you look really bad for the rest of the night. We also had an issue controlling their larger forwards like Lee and Nelson when they set up shop in front of the net.

Reactions: romba

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it’s because he is bringing that attitude onto the ice and it’s hurting the team. It’s one thing to take a roughing penalty to defend another player or your goalie, or to challenge an opposing player to a fight to get your team morale up, but to mouth off to the refs and slam the door? Honestly, I don’t think Quinn is that far off.

I do disagree about Kakko though, have to give him more time in the Top 6. I think Benching/demoting him last game was enough to send a message.

But what do I know. I am not a NHL head coach. Lol.

There were 6 penalties outside of those 2, and 7 outside of the unsportsmanlike, but sure let's single Tony out.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think we're better tonight, i dont know that we will win but I think we will put up a fight atleast but Zib, Kreider, Panarin, Trouba, Strome and Fox gotta lead the way, if they arent on board it will be the same result.

Reactions: Daves a mess

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes great time to sit out your most dynamic best skating defenseman. Good luck trying to skate the puck out of your zone against when pressured. Hope the forwards by some miracle can snipe some goals they are gonna need it

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Nothing to do with his play in the NHL. I'm not saying he's right, but you don't sabotage your team over it.

hes still a very public figure who works for a private company. He’s not just a hockey player. If they’ve had discussions about his off the rink public antics and he continues to ignore them then does something stupid on the rink to finally push them over the edge, well he makes it easy for them to publicly embarrass him like this.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Listen not to get political as we’ve already discussed this but this scratch and practicing with the JV is not JUST about slamming a penalty door. This is much deeper and all the reporters are touching on his social media today among other things that are antagonizing management
I think this is true also. Last year they definitely told him to cool it with the social media and during this past offseason he got more active and worse with it. The organization signed you to a 9.6 million dollar contract and that’s not enough incentive to bite your tongue on social media? It’s pretty ridiculous honestly especially in today’s world. Everything he says or does reflects on the organization. You don’t need to be so outspoken about everything. It’s all just further signs of the immaturity.

He’s also probably tanking his value around the league. If we look to trade him who’s going to want a headache like him off the ice, especially if he’s also now being undisciplined on the ice.

And people will say “he’s well liked in the room by his teammates” which I don’t doubt. But to think the public comments on social media don’t matter, especially considering his past, you’re lying to yourself.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
AbQhDt0.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think we're better tonight, i dont know that we will win but I think we will put up a fight atleast but Zib, Kreider, Panarin, Trouba, Strome and Fox gotta lead the way, if they arent on board it will be the same result.

The problem about sucking in the opener is that that's all the data you have to go on and it gets blown out of proportion. That said I'll be shocked if we scored more than 1 goal.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
hes still a very public figure who works for a private company. He’s not just a hockey player. If they’ve had discussions about his off the rink public antics and he continues to ignore them then does something stupid on the rink to finally push them over the edge, well he makes it easy for them to publicly embarrass him like this.

Their number 1 goal should be winning games, not appeasing angry keyboard warriors on twitter.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The Rangers on the whole were way too deliberate moving the puck up the ice. Our passing was horrific and almost everyone was f***ing up simple plays. That said you stake the Isles to two early goals and they can make you look really bad for the rest of the night. We also had an issue controlling their larger forwards like Lee and Nelson when they set up shop in front of the net.
They clogged the neutral zone and seams. Plenty of instances where Fox was skating the puck slowly out of the zone because there were no passes he could've made. Miller in those early shifts was a combination of being lost and also not able to move the puck due to lack of options.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Benching ADA gives the NYR a worse shot to win tonight. Which is obviously, bad.

However Quinn to his credit has done a pretty good job helping DeAngelo become a better pro the past few years. I have my frustrations w Quinn but think we should defer to his judgement in this instance. It could be a case of doing what DeAngelo responds to for the sake of nipping this in the bud and setting up the rest of the season as best as possible.

But all the reporters speculating that this is due to social media or politics or something for clicks with no evidence from the team pointing that direction can f*** right off.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
They clogged the neutral zone and seams. Plenty of instances where Fox was skating the puck slowly out of the zone because there were no passes he could've made. Miller in those early shifts was a combination of being lost and also not able to move the puck due to lack of options.

This is a big one. I don’t know how many times our guys had the puck inside our blue line with little to no pressure but were basically standing still, looking up ice or passing to their D partner back and forth and the camera wasn’t showing the up ice situation but all I could think was “no one is getting open, no one is moving their feet”.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad