GDT: #2 - 01/16/21 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Why did TDA do that was so egregious that he is sitting? Having Johnson, Smith and a raw Miller in the lineup could be problems. I have no problems with forward lines and I like LAF on second. I expect another rough game tonight, something like 4-1. It will get better as season moves on guys. Playing the Piles with their defensive structure after a 6 month layoff and with no preseason games is not a good way to start season.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Why did TDA do that was so egregious that he is sitting? Having Johnson, Smith and a raw Miller in the lineup could be problems. I have no problems with forward lines and I like LAF on second. I expect another rough game tonight, something like 4-1. It will get better as season moves on guys. Playing the Piles with their defensive structure after a 6 month layoff and with no preseason games is not a good way to start season.
I think David Quinn has made it very apparent that he doesn't think Smith and Johnson are problems.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m still in shock over how we played that game. In fact the only thing that didn’t shock me was how bad jack johnson was including on the pk.

Quinn panicking didn’t shock me either

I have a very hard time seeing us bounce back tonight this may take awhile if ever with Quinn at the helm to right this ship. He could be the first coach fired of the year.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
idiotic lineup changes from a coach that has to be fired at this point. He is now a threat to the development, rebuild and playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbassler

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This may be the most "rose colored glasses" thing ever. BUT, I doubt TDA sits more than a game so I think it's a good sign that he's willing to play Smith. Now my hope is that means Johnson sits at times, but it'll probably be TDA and Miller.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m still in shock over how we played that game. In fact the only thing that didn’t shock me was how bad jack johnson was including on the pk.

Quinn panicking didn’t shock me either

I have a very hard time seeing us bounce back tonight this may take awhile if ever with Quinn at the helm to right this ship. He could be the first coach fired of the year.

Unfortunately the likes of Edge don't think he will be. What has he done as coach to stay?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone else think that this is Quinn in is own mind playing a matchup game thinking that Smith gives him more sandpaper against a gritty Islanders team?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
5-2 loss incoming. This doofus is going to get outcoached again and Smith and Johnson take bad penalties.
I mean, they are going up against the best coach in the league. But yeah, Quinn has done nothing to inspire confidence for me. I’m not interested in another lottery season - need to see marked improvement if not playoffs this year. I give DQ until Valentine’s Day and then move on if results don’t improve.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Unfortunately the likes of Edge don't think he will be. What has he done as coach to stay?

Not much really.

I always come back to America's Game, 2002, TB Buccaneers, for some reason. I quote: "While Tony Dungee was a pad on the shoulderpads, Gruden was a kick to the shin."

But this is not precise either, because Warren Sapp says: "The Bucs was nothing before Tony got there. He put the pyramid right in front of us. This is what we gotta do, if we wanna be successful. Every body got they role (and so on) "

Idk if this is transferable to hockey, but we need someone to put a f***ing pyramid down. Teach them from the bottom up.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The emotional outrage by some off one game is troubling, at best...

Look for Georgiev to be razor sharp tonight. Never bet against this guy to succeed - he will always be in the equation as a longterm answer, I believe.

24 saves. 3-1 victory.

He's hit or miss, he's either amazing or terrible, no in between.

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
Waaayyyy too soon for the panic button. These are professional athletes and coaches. Yes, that performance was on them. I'd give them 10-15 games to sort things as they're a young team. If they haven't responded in some way by then, then that would be when I find things troubling and start exploring if I want to make some player/coaching changes.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
If Rangers look bad in this match (which I will not be able to watch), will JD/JG make a big offer for PLD?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Do we have any video of what might've occurred when ADA got back to the bench? Pure guessing

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The emotional outrage by some off one game is troubling, at best...

Look for Georgiev to be razor sharp tonight. Never bet against this guy to succeed - he will always be in the equation as a longterm answer, I believe.

24 saves. 3-1 victory.

I agree with your take on the outrage after one game. It's been comical. I do believe though that it's going to be another tough game to watch tonight as this team is going to need some time to get in sync. I hope you are right though.

Reactions: haveandare

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Waaayyyy too soon for the panic button. These are professional athletes and coaches. Yes, that performance was on them. I'd give them 10-15 games to sort things as they're a young team. If they haven't responded in some way by then, then that would be when I find things troubling and start exploring if I want to make some player/coaching changes.

56 game schedule, they don't have 10-15 games to waste.

Reactions: Siddi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad