GDT: #2 – Sabres at Blackhawks – Sat Oct 11, 8:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
'Hodgson not able to get back on the play to break it up' seems like something we will hear a lot.

Why the hell does he always stop skating once he crosses into our zone or shortly after. His coasting is maddening.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Then why don't they just measure possession in the offensive zone (in minutes and seconds), instead of measuring a proxy for possession in the offensive zone?

Shots are easily and already tabulated. Time in zone requires someone tracking it to measure it...I'd venture plenty of teams do it in-house. But that data is harder to come by.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Did Myers forget to wear his cup tonight? Looked like he got popped pretty good in the scrum.

EDIT: Shaw got what he deserved.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
'Hodgson not able to get back on the play to break it up' seems like something we will hear a lot.

Why the hell does he always stop skating once he crosses into our zone or shortly after. His coasting is maddening.

Yea, he's got to clean that up. If you're not producing, backcheck your arse off! Get in a lane, take a body.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll take Myers blasting a guy in the melon after something like that. Sucks that they scored on the PP>

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Best play of the night from Myers. :laugh:

The anti-Myers agenda though will say something like "great it's easy for others to get under his skin"...well to pre-empt that argument how many people would a spear to the groin NOT get under their skin?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Not only should he have been signed to a bridge deal to further measure his value to the team, his position on the team needed to be evaluated. I hope his contract doesn't prevent a trade when the right time comes along, because if he's not going to be a C here I highly doubt he's the type of winger to push the team toward a Cup contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad