GDT: #2 – Sabres at Blackhawks – Sat Oct 11, 8:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Benoit sucks.

Replace Mez and Benoit with Pysyk and Zadarov, and this team is way better imo. Those two have accounted for > 50% of the goof ups so far.

I'm not yet convinced that Zadorov would make a big enough difference this year. I think Pysyk would help steady the back end a bit, but I'm not sure Zadorov would have that much impact yet. Still needs more experience for that to happen--instead of dealing with veterans making stupid mistakes, we'd have a rookie making rookie mistakes.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I said before that Benoit wasn't going to the ahl...but now after seeing him, and with Pysyk and hell, even McCabe coming back relatively soon...I may have to take that back

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Girgensons looks great for you guys. Hawks were reportedly very high on kid and hoped he would be available to them but his draft stock started to take off and you guys grabbed him

Grigorenko showing signs of getting his development back on track? Did you send him to AHL?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They are playing one of the best teams in the league. Of course they'll look inferior tonight. Other nights they'll look much better. And with any luck, win a few. Just not too much :biglaugh:
They looked pretty inferior in their own home opener against an average Columbus team, too.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Girgensons looks great for you guys. Hawks were reportedly very high on kid and hoped he would be available to them but his draft stock started to take off and you guys grabbed him

Grigorenko showing signs of getting his development back on track? Did you send him to AHL?

Yeah Girgs is pretty much our best player. Yeah, Grigs will be in the AHL proving himself in his development and hopefully a call-up during the first half of the season.

Also, good god. 106,000 posts in 7 years. WDF!!! :laugh:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The one where he did it last year for a playoff team. Not disagreeing with your sentiment. Just wondering how he gets his blackmail material.

To be fair, the Avalanche were not known for their stellar D-corps. Johnson and Barrie were solid, and Hejda is good, but beyond that, they sorta had to play Benoit. Benoit on most playoff teams does not see regular PK time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah Girgs is pretty much our best player. Yeah, Grigs will be in the AHL proving himself in his development and hopefully a call-up during the first half of the season.

Also, good god. 106,000 posts in 7 years. WDF!!! :laugh:

Its about 40 posts a day and I post all over HF (And as Mod go board to board when needed)

106K seems like a lot but a lot of that comes from GDT's (Hawks and NFL) thru years

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Well, I am no longer worried about a run to 9th. Our defense is just... awesome. We're going to need a lot of shots of Murray smirking up in the box this season. Bonus points if we catch him watching McEichel highlights.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I was going to watch the game via the Center Ice free preview but it was blacked out. Anyone have a clue as to why a Chicago-Buffalo game would be blacked out in the Colorado viewing area?

Every other game (except Minn-CO) was available via Center Ice or NHL Network. I don't get it………….

P.S. is it even worth watching on a rebroadcast?

Thanks.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
I was going to watch the game via the Center Ice free preview but it was blacked out. Anyone have a clue as to why a Chicago-Buffalo game would be blacked out in the Colorado viewing area?

Every other game (except Minn-CO) was available via Center Ice or NHL Network. I don't get it………….

P.S. is it even worth watching on a rebroadcast?

Thanks.

The first two periods weren't too bad. Third one, well...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I didn't love the first. Liked the second a lot.

We got Benwah'd in the third

I missed the 1st but I thought the 2nd was quite good all things considered. Chicago had the better of the period but it was close enough to be happy with. Chicago's possessions lasted longer than I'd like too often but Buffalo caused a lot of trouble. The third descended into disaster pretty quickly after the Hawks kicked it into contender mode.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I missed the 1st but I thought the 2nd was quite good all things considered. Chicago had the better of the period but it was close enough to be happy with. Chicago's possessions lasted longer than I'd like too often but Buffalo caused a lot of trouble. The third descended into disaster pretty quickly after the Hawks kicked it into contender mode.

Our main problem the last 84 games has been a complete and total lack of possession. Any threat we ever manage to generate comes on the occasional odd man rush. There is no cycle game, there are no forwards filling space and finding open ice. There is no traffic in front. We are no threat to score at any point.

Until we get some possession forwards, it won't matter how loaded or how deep we are on the blue line or how well off we are in goal (even though we're none of those things)... My hope is that Reinhart and Grigorenko and possibly Girgensons develop into something close to that. And maybe we add a Connor McPolish or a Jack Ifle to the picsh to change things.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER

BUFvsCHI-Infograph.jpg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Our main problem the last 84 games has been a complete and total lack of possession. Any threat we ever manage to generate comes on the occasional odd man rush. There is no cycle game, there are no forwards filling space and finding open ice. There is no traffic in front. We are no threat to score at any point.

Until we get some possession forwards, it won't matter how loaded or how deep we are on the blue line or how well off we are in goal (even though we're none of those things)... My hope is that Reinhart and Grigorenko and possibly Girgensons develop into something close to that. And maybe we add a Connor McPolish or a Jack Ifle to the picsh to change things.

Agree 1000%! We tell our players that they need to own the puck. If ya don't have it, ya won't score. If you don;t score you won't win. If you don't have the puck, then you have to go get it. Once you have it, you keep it on your stick and don't give it back to the other team.

Works pretty effectively…….. :nod:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Agree 1000%! We tell our players that they need to own the puck. If ya don't have it, ya won't score. If you don;t score you won't win. If you don't have the puck, then you have to go get it. Once you have it, you keep it on your stick and don't give it back to the other team.

Works pretty effectively…….. :nod:

If only the Hawks would have let us have the puck, particularly in the 3rd. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad