GDT: #2 – Sabres at Blackhawks – Sat Oct 11, 8:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He just looks so much more dynamic and comfortable than he did last season. He'll be a cornerstone for this franchise

I'd like to see him get some PK time. The team doesn't draw enough PPs for him to get time that way, and he has to be better than Benoit, right?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Much better period. Much better game from Reinhart. Nice to see him stay when the Hawks tried to trap Myers so he was ready for the pass. I see it to many times where Myers gets trapped and no one's there as a release valve.
Myers and Gorges were pinned down for a good 10-15 seconds in the middle of the period because their forwards had no clue how to help.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Much better period. Much better game from Reinhart. Nice to see him stay when the Hawks tried to trap Myers so he was ready for the pass. I see it to many times where Myers gets trapped and no one's there as a release valve.

Myers apologist

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I don't really see how a blocked shot is negative in Corsi. If it's blocked, it never even gets near the net.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't really see how a blocked shot is negative in Corsi. If it's blocked, it never even gets near the net.

Because Corsi attempts to measure possession, not efficiency. A blocked shot means the other team had possession in order to shoot it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's a stat that tries to track possession. A blocked shot may not be a threat to score, but a lot of them are indicative of zone time for the other team. And zone time correlates pretty well with winning.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
It's a stat that tries to track possession. A blocked shot may not be a threat to score, but a lot of them are indicative of zone time for the other team. Zone time correlates pretty darn well with winning.

Then why don't they just measure possession in the offensive zone (in minutes and seconds), instead of measuring a proxy for possession in the offensive zone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad