Post-Game Talk: 1st place hockey

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If a tree falls in the forest. I never see the Yotes outside of games we play them. I used to watch them a bit back in the Tippett days. Keumper imo is not that much of a difference maker. A guy that gets hot and cold and pretty much like Dubnyk. Not somebody I would rely on.

What was most conspicuous is how bad the Yotes D were today which wouldn't be expected. They got a good D, but for sure not in this one.

Kuemper has been elite this season though.

I'm not complaining though, it's about time other teams had some bad luck and inconsistency.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
People didn't believe me when I said Hall has lost some speed since his injury. He's not nearly as dynamic as he used to be.

He looked pretty good against us in overtime this year while he played on the devil's.
Luckily we won in the shootout.

Reactions: ujju2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the price is reasonable, I'd lock them up for 2-3 years at 1-1.3MM. Reasonable price for 4th liners who definitely drive the play and bring value on the PK.
Those amounts are indeed reasonable. A lot better than the hyper-ventilating 3 million that some people want. These guys are good PK guys and solid 4th liners who can slid into top spots for short periods. Pay them as such.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
View attachment 309781
2020, moments before Gagner stabbed Sheahan repeatedly in the dressing room
vw5plkJ.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He was shutting him down most of the game. Hall couldn’t get his wide drive down the wing on him.
I think it was Russell that was really shutting Hall down for a lot of the game. The Carolina cowboy had a fabulous game. Bear had a couple really bad defensive plays today, but otherwise was good.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Those amounts are indeed reasonable. A lot better than the hyper-ventilating 3 million that some people want. These guys are good PK guys and solid 4th liners who can slid into top spots for short periods. Pay them as such.
They way they would see it is it's a guaranteed salary for a coupe years. Both were late signings at low dollar figures. If I'm looking for a job, I would value security a bit more than short-term pay.

One good fight and people are lining up to pay Kassian $3M. I guarantee some of those posters are the same that wanted him gone the past 2 years at his current salary.

Reactions: harpoon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Next ultimate test, actually playing well after a "really" long break. That seriously never happens with this team. Even in 16/17 they played like a bunch of idiots after their bye week.
They can't afford to this year. They had some cushion then. Way too tight this time around.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

I want to see Kassian signed, but it does show why you don't overpay anyone. Especially if they are playing with Mcdavid.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The amount of Oilers D picks in a game in which we are up 5 goals is frankly frightening. We were giving away breaks and odd man rushes away like candy. This is one where you don't wanna watch the game film over.

Hockey is a strange game. Take away the Klef save after Smith lost his mind, and a Yotes goal called back and this could be a different game. Sloppy game overall.

That said the Oilers are now in a reasonable position headed into the long break and hopefully come back with consistent focus. At least we got more players going now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad