Post-Game Talk: 1st place hockey

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Take the W.

Token effort by opposition today. These are some of the weird games you get around the ASG as some players check out before the break.

Can it be anymore obvious Hall is not staying in Arizona? Doesn't seem very interested. That whole yotes team is looking awful.

Good game by the Oilers role players.
Can you admit Yamamoto deserves his role yet?

Reactions: KYams17

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Take the W.

Token effort by opposition today. These are some of the weird games you get around the ASG as some players check out before the break.

Can it be anymore obvious Hall is not staying in Arizona? Doesn't seem very interested. That whole yotes team is looking awful.

Good game by the Oilers role players.

It's nice that it was the other team doing that today instead of the Oilers.

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People didn't believe me when I said Hall has lost some speed since his injury. He's not nearly as dynamic as he used to be.

Looks like he's on the Kessel diet plan as well. Somethings not right.

I was jk before game about the picture but Hall looks freaking depressed.

Was looking like that throughout the game. Forlorn.

Its sad to see and testament to how quickly a career goes buy. Suddenly its 10yrs, your best chances of being on a competitive squad are behind you and you wonder what happened.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
People didn't believe me when I said Hall has lost some speed since his injury. He's not nearly as dynamic as he used to be.

In the time I've watched him since he was traded, for sure he looks like he's playing a much slower, but more heads up game. He probably has the skill to keep being productive with that style, and maybe he actually stays healthier too. But, will he be worth the 10M AAV he gets playing that way as he continues to age and slow down more...pretty big gamble.

Side note, he's back to 45.45% GF as a Coyote. To go with his 40.54% in his time with Jersey this year. That almost never happened to Hall, no matter how bad his team was or weak linemates, he could keep above 50%.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like he's on the Kessel diet plan as well. Somethings not right.

I was jk before game about the picture but Hall looks freaking depressed.

Was looking like that throughout the game. Forlorn.

Its sad to see and testament to how quickly a career goes buy. Suddenly its 10yrs, your best chances of being on a competitive squad are behind you and you wonder what happened.

His best chance is this summer when he signs with the Oilers at 5M/year. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's nice that it was the other team doing that today instead of the Oilers.

Yep, and it happens to all clubs, but I don't think this Yotes team is all that greatly coached. They're developing a ton of bad habits. Years of Tippett hockey has all but evaporated there.

Nice to see a lot of our divisional opponents imploding.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
@The Head Crusher

I can't reply to you in the gdt, but after the one Canucks game in Can when the Oilers won 3-2, Gagner punched Sheahan hard in the upper chest area and had a crazed look.

Everyone thought Gagner was legit pissed at him but it's a post game thing he and Sheahan do when they win :laugh:.

Reactions: The Head Crusher

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
After the Kass deal gets put to paper, Holland’s next order of business needs to be working on getting Archibald and Sheahan locked up.

They’ve been productive and even when they aren’t scoring they aren’t negatives out there and they’ve arguably been some of our best penalty killers.

I’d love to have them back
Can we just get through some more of the season before locking people up.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yep, and it happens to all clubs, but I don't think this Yotes team is all that greatly coached. They're developing a ton of bad habits. Years of Tippett hockey has all but evaporated there.

Nice to see a lot of our divisional opponents imploding.

Well, it was one bad game. I think they play pretty solid otherwise. They're also missing their #1 goaltender.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In the time I've watched him since he was traded, for sure he looks like he's playing a much slower, but more heads up game. He probably has the skill to keep being productive with that style, and maybe he actually stays healthier too. But, will he be worth the 10M AAV he gets playing that way as he continues to age and slow down more...pretty big gamble.

Side note, he's back to 45.45% GF as a Coyote. To go with his 40.54% in his time with Jersey this year. That almost never happened to Hall, no matter how bad his team was or weak linemates, he could keep above 50%.

He wants back in Edmonton, badly. He might even take a significant discount to do it I think.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
@The Head Crusher

I can't reply to you in the gdt, but after the one Canucks game in Can when the Oilers won 3-2, Gagner punched Sheahan hard in the upper chest area and had a crazed look.

Everyone thought Gagner was legit pissed at him but it's a post game thing he and Sheahan do when they win :laugh:.

I'm surprised he didn't spear Sheahan with his stick after his goal assisted by Sheahan today.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well, it was one bad game. I think they play pretty solid otherwise. They're also missing their #1 goaltender.

If a tree falls in the forest. I never see the Yotes outside of games we play them. I used to watch them a bit back in the Tippett days. Keumper imo is not that much of a difference maker. A guy that gets hot and cold and pretty much like Dubnyk. Not somebody I would rely on.

What was most conspicuous is how bad the Yotes D were today which wouldn't be expected. They got a good D, but for sure not in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad