Prospect Info: 1st Overall Thread: Jack or Kappo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
rangers fans popping into our thread rn:

giphy.gif

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Vegas odds update - Draftkings had odds to select Hughes 1OA at -1000 yesterday and adjusted to -3335 today, implying 97% and in line with Fanduel’s -3400. Seems that word might have leaked out with that drastic of an adjustment.
Are you just saying this or is this not common in betting?

Could be possible since everyones in Vancouver now, but youd think we would read it

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Oh I get it.

We as Devils fans SHOULD demand better of this organization that's been successful in the past but that's the problem :

It's the PAST.

This is no longer the Lou Lamoriello Devils anymore.

We need to give Shero some time to get us back to...well...at least somewhere close to where we were back in the day when we were a Playoff team year-in and year-out.

Jersey, I fully understand your frustration with Shero not seeming to do anything right now in comparison to Gorton in NY but he has given me no reason to doubt his GM'ing abilities to date. Hell, even last year when he didn't do anything 'cause there was hardly anything out there, I was cool with that.

Now if he does nothing THIS YEAR, *then* I'll start questioning his thought-processes.

Let's just wait-and-see what Shero does or doesn't do before we pronounce Judgement on the entire organization.

it doesn't help that liverpool have gone to hell (by the standards of elite english soccer clubs) and back since circa 2012 and won their sixth european cup. it amplifies the devils' mediocrity of the last decade in my world.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
God MSG is really pushing the narrative that we are or atleast SHOULD be drafting Kakko.

I'm sure its to push the ranger fan agenda, but holy f*** would it be a massive mistake. Kind of worried about friday but keeping my fingers crossed that we're going Hughes...

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The more I read about Hughes, the more I'll be shocked and mortified if we take K. And don't get me wrong - the Finn might be a monster... but just everything surrounding Jack Hughes is compelling.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
taking kakko at 1 would be a massive failure. if shero wants kakko, he should trade down to #2 and snag miller or something in the process.

and if we did do that, we could trade down to 3 and pick up debrincat, then select byram at 3. imagine walking out of the first round with miller, byram, and debrincat.

or, you know, we can just take hughes 1st

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
taking kakko at 1 would be a massive failure. if shero wants kakko, he should trade down to #2 and snag miller or something in the process.

and if we did do that, we could trade down to 3 and pick up debrincat, then select byram at 3. imagine walking out of the first round with miller, byram, and debrincat.

or, you know, we can just take hughes 1st

yeah lets do that!

bigvonbody

Sep 27, 2018
Its quite hilarious the MSG propaganda machine keeps pushing Kakko over Hughes. Its wishful thinking. They know who the better player is. I don't consider Bill Pidto's opinion relevant, either.

There is close to zero chance we don't take Hughes.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Boxing is more fixed so why not.

Maybe but boxing isn’t definitionally fixed. What guys agree to at times in back alleys is sad also. So many young boxers have such a tough road to hoe and are manipulated by their handlers who may handle both sides of a fight. Some of the stories I’ve heard are heart breaking.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
God MSG is really pushing the narrative that we are or atleast SHOULD be drafting Kakko.

Its quite hilarious the MSG propaganda machine keeps pushing Kakko over Hughes.

Over 8M people live in New York City. They need to play to the bulk of the audience and keep their viewers "happy", even if they know it's 100% BS they're force-feeding them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have only seen this “narrative” from the Rangers side of MSG and Stan. It makes sense since they want to convince their fanbase they are actually getting the best player.

Valiquette started that on lotto day.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I have only seen this “narrative” from the Rangers side of MSG and Stan. It makes sense since they want to convince their fanbase they are actually getting the best player.

Every Ranger fan I’ve talked with in person would choose Kakko over Hughes, I’m sure it has nothing to do with picking #2.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

his on air intermission bit on how the devils should pursue beleskey when he was approaching FA sticks in my mind

Reactions: theoptimist

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That means they are taking Hughes...one person isn't moving the line like that. Multiple people are betting Hughes heavy...almost assuredly based on inside info.

Unless the one person is Shero putting a few loonies down :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad