Prospect Info: 1st Overall Thread: Jack or Kappo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Unless the one person is Shero putting a few loonies down :P
Haha yea. So everyone is aware, most books put a cap on bets like this. Usually it's pretty low (like $100-$1000). So when the line moves as much as it did for Hughes going 1st overall, it is very likely inside info is being circulated around.

Platypus420

Nov 2, 2013
An actual NY Post Article about Hughes , this of course after three Kakko ones earlier in week

Attachments

• A0489DC4-C6E0-4984-BA87-06F52269DAA3.jpeg
    A0489DC4-C6E0-4984-BA87-06F52269DAA3.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 21

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Says Dano, "Against Team Russia, he was dominant. Two assists, and could have been involved in eight goals.”

And this is what I have seen from Hughes, yes he puts up tons of points, but he's just constantly involved in scoring chances. Even Slovakia that first game he was involved on a bunch. Or go back to the U-18's when he has that crazy 7 point game, he could have had 12 in that game.

I don't really get into the skill breakdowns. Does he have great edges? Sure, why not. Great passer clearly(his back hands do really stand out in that regard), but he just creates like nothing I've seen before(granted I didn't watch much of McDavid in juniors).

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Says Dano, "Against Team Russia, he was dominant. Two assists, and could have been involved in eight goals.”

And this is what I have seen from Hughes, yes he puts up tons of points, but he's just constantly involved in scoring chances. Even Slovakia that first game he was involved on a bunch. Or go back to the U-18's when he has that crazy 7 point game, he could have had 12 in that game.

I don't really get into the skill breakdowns. Does he have great edges? Sure, why not. Great passer clearly(his back hands do really stand out in that regard), but he just creates like nothing I've seen before(granted I didn't watch much of McDavid in juniors).

To me the best comparison or combination that can describe Jack is a mix of McDavid and Elias Pettersson. He is constantly attacking much like mcdavid and has elite skating ability unlike almost any other prospect ever (outside McDavid). Where the Pettersson mix comes in to is that he and Jack are both fantastic on their edges and slight body types, both players move in a way that is unprecedented to avoid hits and make moves towards the net. They are like water bugs out there at times where its unlikely to know which direction they will move and they both see the ice so well. Hughes shoots a lot, but his shot is not near Pettersson obviously and is more like mcdavid in that aspect. I feel Hughes will score many goals just because of speed, agility, great skill and because of the volume of chances he creates.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Dano just doesn't want to have to say "Kaapo Kakko" every game.:sarcasm:

I've declined to even type his name out for the most part, usually just go with KK

I've considered him property of the rags since April

Looking forward to us drafting Hughes to kick things off tomorrow

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
When asked about Hughes and Kakko, Shero said slyly "It would be great to have picks 1 and 2, wouldn't it? :::with a smirk:::

I thought the comment was funny, but was it an indication of his willingness to package something together to get it? Unrealistic I know, but play along...

What would it take for the Rangers to think about giving up pick #2?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When asked about Hughes and Kakko, Shero said slyly "It would be great to have picks 1 and 2, wouldn't it? :::with a smirk:::

I thought the comment was funny, but was it an indication of his willingness to package something together to get it? Unrealistic I know, but play along...

What would it take for the Rangers to think about giving up pick #2?

Too much.

Reactions: theoptimist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->