Prospect Info: 1st Overall Thread: Jack or Kappo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Why, because of Stan's clickbait?

There's been absolutely zero whispered or rumored that has suggested a last-minute bait and switch. Even if there was there's a reason HF has wanted to turn this into a debate for months, because Kakko IS actually a pretty good prospect.

Honestly if Shero was going to bait and switch I'd hope he wouldn't pull a Lou and keep the secret for the sake of keeping it cause that kind of thing would be very divisive with the fanbase.
If Bob says there is a 99.9% chance of something happening (Hughes going to NJ) any self-worry you place on yourself is simply illogical. Hughes is going 1, and Kakko is going 2. The only thing that's changed is that the gap has become much smaller than originally thought say 6 months ago.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's sad so many posters would throw a fit or even boycott the team if Kakko was taken 1st.

Absolutely ridiculous stance to have. It's one thing to prefer Hughes. It's entirely another to pitch a fit for taking Kakko.

Shows a lot of people STILL haven't watched any tape on Kakko and looked at his metrics vs previous Fins in that league. Everything screams franchise player. EVERYTHING.

I still prefer Kakko, but expect the Devs to take Hughes and I'll still be happy.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It's sad so many posters would throw a fit or even boycott the team if Kakko was taken 1st.

Absolutely ridiculous stance to have. It's one thing to prefer Hughes. It's entirely another to pitch a fit for taking Kakko.

Shows a lot of people STILL haven't watched any tape on Kakko and looked at his metrics vs previous Fins in that league. Everything screams franchise player. EVERYTHING.

I still prefer Kakko, but expect the Devs to take Hughes and I'll still be happy.

Which posters would boycott the team? What people commenting on Kakko haven’t watched any tape on him?

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
Which posters would boycott the team? What people commenting on Kakko haven’t watched any tape on him?
Literally read the thread. Not doing it for you...there is one on the previous page. Plus others in other threads and mainboard prospects as well.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Literally read the thread. Not doing it for you...there is one on the previous page. Plus others in other threads and mainboard prospects as well.

Ok. I’ve done that. I believe the answer is nobody or next to nobody; not so many or a lot.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
Devils would lose a lot of views and even some fans if they bait-and-switch to Kakko

Id probably not watch for the year as a self-protest, just check highlights

You have an important decision Ray

Select Hughes

...or watch Mulberry Commons burn

Ok. I’ve done that. I believe the answer is nobody or next to nobody; not so many or a lot.

@Devils731 There ya go bud. That's just the previous page of this thread. Then another handful in the prospects thread (plus other threads on this board). Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse? Or maybe you have a ton of people on your ignore list?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Kakko is not Hughes and Hughes has been shoved down the throats of Devils fans all over social media (from the Devils and major brands like TSN/ESPN/Sportsnet/etc.)

Really not that hard to figure out why there would be a near riot if we took Kakko. Hell, McKenzie said 99.9% we take Hughes and Cangielosi said he would fall off his damn chair lol

Even Rangers broadcasters say its Hughes for NJ

To act like itd be some mellow surprise just means youre not paying attention

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
@Devils731 There ya go bud. That's just the previous page of this thread. Then another handful in the prospects thread. Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse? Or maybe you have a ton of people on your ignore list?

You have 1 guy who is likely not serious and a person making a joke, unless you think people are seriously going to burn mulberry commons.

You have the vast majority of people talking about how Kakko looks great. Why do you assume people who don’t agree with you that Kakko is the better prospect must not have watched ANY tape?

Come on, admit there aren’t “a lot”. I only commented because of the irony of you complaining about others being dramatic and unfair when it comes to Kakko.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
Kakko is not Hughes and Hughes has been shoved down the throats of Devils fans all over social media (from the Devils and major brands like TSN/ESPN/Sportsnet/etc.)

Really not that hard to figure out why there would be a near riot if we took Kakko. Hell, McKenzie said 99.9% we take Hughes and Cangielosi said he would fall off his damn chair lol

Even Rangers broadcasters say its Hughes for NJ

To act like itd be some mellow surprise just means youre not paying attention
I said I expect the Devs to take Hughes. Think that implies I'd be surprised if they took Kakko.

Doesn't mean I'd "not watch the team in self-protest" like you stated you'd do.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I said I expect the Devs to take Hughes. Think that implies I'd be surprised if they took Kakko.

Doesn't mean I'd "not watch the team in self-protest" like you stated you'd do.
Then thats your choice

You also would fall into about the 5% of Devils fans who prefer Kakko

Lets just say the party at Prudential on Friday would take quite the ugly turn, and ticket sales would reach a low

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
You have 1 guy who is likely not serious and a person making a joke, unless you think people are seriously going to burn mulberry commons.

You have the vast majority of people talking about how Kakko looks great. Why do you assume people who don’t agree with you that Kakko is the better prospect must not have watched ANY tape?

Come on, admit there aren’t “a lot”. I only commented because of the irony of you complaining about others being dramatic and unfair when it comes to Kakko.
Enough. I did not say that at all. Ever.

What I actually said was if you are going to freak out and act like the sky is falling if they surprisingly take Kakko, you haven't watched any tape or done any basic analysis. Peace

Reactions: Figgie

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
@Devils731 There ya go bud. That's just the previous page of this thread. Then another handful in the prospects thread (plus other threads on this board). Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse? Or maybe you have a ton of people on your ignore list?

Indeed, was intended to be facetious at best

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
This is like when the guy says he prefers his girlfriend to the supermodel who lives next door.

It's an easy thing to say when you know you have no chance at getting the supermodel.
I don't want to go 12 rounds, but here are two things I'll say. First, the majority of our fan-base does in fact want Kakko. Second and perhaps more importantly, Bob pretty much confirmed that the gap is incredibly slim. There's nothing inaccurate in affirming that Kakko/Hughes are on the same tier and that having a preference for one versus the other is wrong (compared to say wanting Dach over either or for an instance of madness).

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Let's be honest, as much as y'all want Hughes and we want Kakko, there is a very, very small part of me that will find amusement in both fan-bases freaking out for getting the other player. Lol
I for one would be infuriated

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Kakko is great prospect, him and hughes are going to be insane players...

that said I wouldn't be "happy" or even "ok" with the idea of passing on Hughes.

Reactions: hobgoblin933

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
the majority of our fan-base does in fact want Kakko.

Only because they 100% know they're getting Kakko, because they cant get Hughes.

Had the Rangers won the 2019 NHL Draft lottery, Rangers fans would want the team to pick the consensus #1 draft choice of professional NHL scouts, which is Jack Hughes.

But hey, you do mental tricks to pretend the above isn't true. Free country.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Only because they 100% know they're getting Kakko, because they cant get Hughes.

Had the Rangers won the 2019 NHL Draft lottery, Rangers fans would want the team to pick the consensus #1 draft choice of professional NHL scouts, which is Jack Hughes.

But hey, you do mental tricks to pretend the above isn't true. Free country.
Not really, I mean, I think more people came around to Kakko after we came 2nd, but there 100% was still a big fraction of the fan-base who wanted Kakko.

And way to absolutely ignore the second part and more important aspect of my response, but Hughes can be the consensus (no longer the unanimous) and Kakko still be in the same league as prospects. They aren't mutually exclusive. I have no idea why you started this argument. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad