Value of: 1st or 2nd LW to MTL

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
James Van Riemsdyk: Leafs fans over value him, but the GM doesnt. A 2 time 50-60 point player with injury issues wont cost the habs too much. Maybe Juulsen, Beaulieu or some other prospects + a 2nd rounder would work (hopefull MB would be smart enough to not include NB). Maybe Plekanec + prospects/picks for JvR + Bozak works.

Bahahaha. You're so delusional

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
He scored 24 less points in 5 less games and dropped 20+ points in plus/minus. That's regression. In a re-draft he'd go later than 26th. I can honestly say that I would not trade a prospect in the Leafs top-20 for Juulsen right now. Zaitsev, Dermott, Nielsen, Carrick and Valiev are all stronger D-prospects imo.

I would not trade JVR for a prospect I'd initially place in the 21-30 range of the prospect pool and whatever meaningless asset you had in mind.

JVR is a 1st line winger under a lovely cap hit and you are literally offering table scraps.

Did you even bother to look up the team he played for? Anyway, if you think Juulsen wouldn't be in the Leafs top 10 prospects, there's no point in carrying on.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Nope, but apparently Beaulieu is being shopped, since in Bergevin's vocabulary, receiving calls of inquiries means the player is on the block... but fans are to be told the player is not for sale.

What kind of package could be made around Beaulieu for JVR ?

If he was a right shot it might be the start of something, but with Rielly and Gardiner ahead of him on the depth chart, I am not moving out JVR for a third pairing LD

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Did you even bother to look up the team he played for? Anyway, if you think Juulsen wouldn't be in the Leafs top 10 prospects, there's no point in carrying on.

Juulsen proved he can be an offensive Dman in his draft year and then proved he can be a top pairing shut down Dman the following season on a complete defensive team.

That leafs fan keeps bringing up numbers and stats to show who's better. Truth be told, none of those Leafs D prospects can be expected to even produce more than 20 points in the NHL, none are cant miss prospects or prospects with elite potential. So saying they can score in the O is meaningless if they cant defend and skate to be in the NHL.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Brown/Kapanen/Dermot/Carrick/Nielsen/Timashov/Bracco/Johnsson/Rychel/Soshnikov/Hyman/Zaitsev

Who is Juulsen better than?

Last edited:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Brown/Kapanen/Dermot/Carrick/Nielsen/Timashov/Bracco/Johnsson/Rychel. Who is Juulsen better than?

Juulsen is easily in the same company as Kapanen. That said, I wouldn't trade Juulsen for Kapanen. You severely overvalue your depth.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Juulsen is easily in the same company as Kapanen. That said, I wouldn't trade Juulsen for Kapanen. You severely overvalue your depth.

Kapanen is our 5th best prospect. You're overrating g Juulsen big time. He doesn't make the Leafs top 10 prospects.

I guess everyone else overrated the leafs depth as well because the Leafs have the best prospect depth in the league

Now we just have to wait and see if enough of them succeed on the NHL

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Kapanen is our 5th best prospect. You're overrating g Juulsen.

I guess everyone else overrated our depth as well because the Leafs have the best prospect depth in the league

Now we just have to wait and see if enough of them succeed on the NHL

You have the best prospect pool because of the three names at the top. Once they graduate, that pool will drop down to the teens. Every team in the NHL have similar prospects. You simply have more of them.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
You have the best prospect pool because of the three names at the top. Once they graduate, that pool will drop down to the teens. Every team in the NHL have similar prospects. You simply have more of them.

"You simply have more of them". Exactly, hence having the best prospect depth in the NHL.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Brown/Kapanen/Dermot/Carrick/Nielsen/Timashov/Bracco/Johnsson/Rychel/Soshnikov/Hyman/Zaitsev

Juulsen better than all except for the big 3 from a habs pov. Looking at what the habs have, I easily take Juulsen over the rest. Juulsen is exactly what we need. For the offensive Dman, we have Sergechev.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Juulsen better than all except for the big 3 from a habs pov. Looking at what the habs have, I easily take Juulsen over the rest. Juulsen is exactly what we need. For the offensive Dman, we have Sergechev.

Lol k bud.

Zaitsev jus played the top pairing and most minutes against Team Canada and the game went to overtime yet Juulsen is better than him lmfao.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Id rather have everyone but the two bolded in regard to Juulsen. Beaulieau isnt a fit with the Leafs, Serg would be a great get but I don't see the Habs doing that one for one given JVR is only signed for two more season, abliet at a great cap.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As a deadline rental next year we'd be talking 1st+Juulsen/Scherbak. Unless any offer compensated for the extra 1.5 years (they never do) then there isn't much sense in making a deal.

LorenzoVonMatterhorn

Jan 7, 2012
Vancouver

If Juulsen>Dermott, why does Dermott make team Canada for the WJC and Juulsen doesn't? I trust the professional judgement of team Canada over yours (or mine, for that matter)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If Juulsen>Dermott, why does Dermott make team Canada for the WJC and Juulsen doesn't? I trust the professional judgement of team Canada over yours (or mine, for that matter)

You cant judge players like that lol. Did they need this type of player (Dermott) or that type of player (Juulsen). Did they have an excess of Juulsen type of players or did they lack what Dermott provided.

By that logic, Weber, Muzzin, Bouwmeester, Pitrengelo >>> Subban :laugh::laugh:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
....and? You said Juulsen is better. Juulsen doesn't make the Leafs top 10. Get over it. This is what happens when a team is consistently bad

I disregarded Zaistev bcuz of him being 5 years older and technically not a prospect anymore. Would Shipacyov be a prospect?
Now Zaistev is better. Later, hard to know. Juulsen can become a top 4 Dman whereas Z busts or just goes back to the K after a bad stretch for all we know.

As for top 10 in prospects for leafs? Juulsen is easily #5 or #6 ahead of Kapanen (Zaistev excluded).

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As for top 10 in prospects for leafs? Juulsen is easily #5 or #6 ahead of Kapanen (Zaistev excluded).

Composite numbered rankings are useless, creates artificial gaps.

Juulsen slots right in with Dermott and Neilsen, though the right handed aspect is attractive. The important thing though is that while both are a year older, Juulsen would have to have a damn good year this year to keep up wit either.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Even Stephen Desrocher a 6th rder from that same draft out pointed Juulsen by a significant margin and he's in the Leafs mid/late 30's in terms of prospect rankings. He probably won't even get a contract lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad