Value of: 1st or 2nd LW to MTL

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
. Aside from the usual ones, I think you could find at least some agreeing on Beaulieu + low 1st + conditional 2nd 2018 for JVR, depending on the condition.

Conditional on the the Habs making the Second round in either year, else a 4th?

I think that's a fair deal, just not a super attractive one for the reasons you highlighted

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Many habs fans were willing to trade pick 9 for JVR
now they are attached to their prospect though so they feel Sergachev>>>JVR. not even close.

Juulsen + a 2nd? leafs laugh and block the habs number. kid couldnt even make the world junior team and had a miserable draft+1

No sane fan would think JvR is worth a top 10 pick.
Juulsen had a great second year. Stop looking at his stats. He wont be lighting up the NHL and thats perfect since hes not that type of D. Look at Vlasic and how effective he is. Your D prospects too wont be lighting up the NHL, you need other skills to make the NHL. Idk about your prospects much but Juulsen is a great skater, terrific defender and can move up the puck really well. He dominated the pens. Too bad he wont be playing vs the leafs tonight tho.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: JVR and 5th round pick 2017

vs

To Toronto: David Desharnais (Cap work), Nathan Beaulieu, Andrighetto/Charles Hudon/Jacob De La Rose, 1rst pick 2018

I think it's a fair package for JVR.. I'm pretty sure Beaulieu under Babcock could turn into a good #4 d-man.. Hudon is an NHL ready C/W with two-way game.. top-6 potential. 1rst pick in 2018 maybe late but still a good asset.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

vs

To Toronto: David Desharnais (Cap work), Nathan Beaulieu, Andrighetto/Charles Hudon/Jacob De La Rose, 1rst pick 2018

I think it's a fair package for JVR.. I'm pretty sure Beaulieu under Babcock could turn into a good #4 d-man.. Hudon is an NHL ready C/W with two-way game.. top-6 potential. 1rst pick in 2018 maybe late but still a good asset.

So JVR for NB, a good prospect/player and a 1rst?? wow what a massive overpayment.

Btw Ghetto has alot more value than JDLR.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

vs

I would do Beaulieu+1st for JVR, but not adding in Andrighetto/Hudon/DLR just to trade out Desharnais.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Many habs fans were willing to trade pick 9 for JVR
now they are attached to their prospect though so they feel Sergachev>>>JVR. not even close.

Juulsen + a 2nd? leafs laugh and block the habs number. kid couldnt even make the world junior team and had a miserable draft+1

Not many Habs fans are saying Sergachev>>>JVR. Even if they do it's only because if Markov retires he's the best player to replace him.

I'm not saying Juulsen + 2nd is fair but Juulsen is criminally underrated here. He did not have a "miserable" draft+1 stop stat watching. They were one of the best defensive teams thanks to him, they don't have that offensive fire power which is why they were bad offensively, and it's showing in his stats. Juulsen>Beaulieu for me, but if Beaulieu+2nd is close for you I'd easily add another prospect.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Not many Habs fans are saying Sergachev>>>JVR. Even if they do it's only because if Markov retires he's the best player to replace him.

I'm not saying Juulsen + 2nd is fair but Juulsen is criminally underrated here. He did not have a "miserable" draft+1 stop stat watching. They were one of the best defensive teams thanks to him, they don't have that offensive fire power which is why they were bad offensively, and it's showing in his stats. Juulsen>Beaulieu for me, but if Beaulieu+2nd is close for you I'd easily add another prospect.

I don't think people realize that Everett lost Nikita Scherbak, Ivan Nikolishin & Kohl Bauml from the 2014-15 season to the 2015-16 season. That 3 of the top 4 scorers from the previous year.

2 years ago the Tips had 5 players with more than 50 points, last year they had 1. Not to mention Kevin Constantine is one of the most defensive style coaches in the CHL.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

the potential of Serg is worth so much more that 2 years of a player that scores 40-60 points. Speak for yourself plz.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
the potential of Serg is worth so much more that 2 years of a player that scores 40-60 points. Speak for yourself plz.

Lol you try so hard. You know damn well JVR isn't a 40 pt forward.

Hfboards is the only place where potential is worth more than anything

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

vs

Even if a package of DD, Beaulieu, prospect, 1st was enough(not commenting on whether it is or isn't) it sure as hell wouldn't be the 2018 1st. Offer up your earliest 1st which is 2017. Nobody is going to just say ok, go ahead and defer the 1st because reasons.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC

Don't mind him. As said before, many thought that 9th overall was fine for JVR back then. I think what happened is that we didn't realize that Sergachev might be that good later on. Frankly, I wasn't confident our pick could turn out a stud and was willing to trade it for a proven winger like JVR.

Though now I have to say that we absolutely need Sergachev further on. Simply too bad Beaulieu doesn't play RD, would have benefitted both teams in that sense if he was.

Beaulieu + late 1st/high 2nd to me is very fair for JVR. Conditional 2nd 2018 if we make 2nd round in the playoffs seems fine as well, close to the former Pomminville trade.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

I know too well he's had more 40 points season than 50-60 points season. Nice try tho.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Don't mind him. As said before, many thought that 9th overall was fine for JVR back then. I think what happened is that we didn't realize that Sergachev might be that good later on. Frankly, I wasn't confident our pick could turn out a stud and was willing to trade it for a proven winger like JVR.

Though now I have to say that we absolutely need Sergachev further on. Simply too bad Beaulieu doesn't play RD, would have benefitted both teams in that sense if he was.

Beaulieu + late 1st/high 2nd to me is very fair for JVR. Conditional 2nd 2018 if we make 2nd round in the playoffs seems fine as well, close to the former Pomminville trade.

It was about 50/50 on fans. We essentially were getting one of Sergachev/Keller/Nylander. I wasn't ready to move that to Toronto for JVR. I was praying for Sergachev/Keller.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
JVR is not often injured, is on a great contract for 2 more years and produces at a 1st line winger pace. Certainly not trading him for someone who hopefully will be a # 4 dman.

The Leafs need wingers who can produce too so the only way JVR is being traded is if we receive an overpayment for him and I can tell you right now nothing in this thread has resembled that.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
JVR is not often injured, is on a great contract for 2 more years and produces at a 1st line winger pace. Certainly not trading him for someone who hopefully will be a # 4 dman.

The Leafs need wingers who can produce too so the only way JVR is being traded is if we receive an overpayment for him and I can tell you right now nothing in this thread has resembled that.

he alrdy is a #4. hes gonna be the #2 for mtl this season.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So Marincin is a #2 as well because he played #2 last year for the Leafs?

lol another no knowledge fan.
He produced at a top 4 level with great play making. He also had advanced numbers of a top 4 D on a bad team. What more can you ask?
Idc about this Marincin. And who ***** said #2? I said he played top 4 for the habs and WILL play top2. We'll see how he does. He def has the potential for it. Reaching it is another matter.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

Exactly!
Montreal is definitely the more desperate team (the window to win with Price, if he can stay healthy, is quickly closing, they just made one of the worst trades in the last 10 years and there is currently controversy about whether the coach questioned the captain's worthiness).
Plus JVR's value at the NHL level is a known quantity he is a 55-60 ppg player over the past three years.
Sergachyov is a risk. No one knows where he will top out in the NHL (top pairing or second?)
Canadians fans aren't recognizing the risk the Leafs take on in that trade.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
lol another no knowledge fan.
He produced at a top 4 level with great play making. He also had advanced numbers of a top 4 D on a bad team. What more can you ask?
Idc about this Marincin. And who ***** said #2? I said he played top 4 for the habs and WILL play top2. We'll see how he does. He def has the potential for it. Reaching it is another matter.

Look you believe what you want to and that's fine.

The fact is he doesn't play higher than Rielly, Gardiner or Zaitsev. Further more he would be fighting for top 4 minutes with Carrick, Marincin and maybe even more. I don't see him as being that much of an upgrade over that and certainly not worth JVR if it is.

Which brings me to my final point which is while you may be using him as your #2 this year the Leafs would much rather package JVR for a much better #2 defenseman.

It is certainly not a knock on Beaulieu or Juulson for that matter, its largely that neither of those players fit our need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad