Value of: 1st or 2nd LW to MTL

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
remember that and he was SO right !!!
but it was with the old admistration so i could welcome him back !!!

You could welcome him back. I just don't think he would ever want to play for the Habs again. It ended badly and they traded him just before a game, I think the sour taste they left in Cammys mouth is just to much

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You could welcome him back. I just don't think he would ever want to play for the Habs again. It ended badly and they traded him just before a game, I think the sour taste they left in Cammys mouth is just to much

No, they traded him during a game. Against the Bruins.

He seems to like Jersey.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Agree with all your points.

As No Team Needed already mentioned, it was a mid game trade, which is worse than before/after a game.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Nope, but apparently Beaulieu is being shopped, since in Bergevin's vocabulary, receiving calls of inquiries means the player is on the block... but fans are to be told the player is not for sale.

What kind of package could be made around Beaulieu for JVR ?

Beaulieu would help fill the hole in the top-4. Ideally, it would be Sergachev that the Leafs pull out of Montreal. But, I do wonder if Beaulieu++ might work, I like his game.

Beaulieu + 2017 1st + 2018 2nd (Conditional - Highest of the 3) for JVR

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Beaulieu would help fill the hole in the top-4. Ideally, it would be Sergachev that the Leafs pull out of Montreal. But, I do wonder if Beaulieu++ might work, I like his game.

Beaulieu + 2017 1st + 2018 2nd (Conditional - Highest of the 3) for JVR

Puke.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Nope, but apparently Beaulieu is being shopped, since in Bergevin's vocabulary, receiving calls of inquiries means the player is on the block... but fans are to be told the player is not for sale.

What kind of package could be made around Beaulieu for JVR ?

We have more of a need of a RHD with Rielly and Gardiner solidifying our top 4 on the left hand side. If Beaulieu is offered for JVR, I'd think a secondary piece would have to be added.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Cammaleri - Skinner - Hartnell - Van Riemsdyk - Conner/ Ehlers

Mike Cammalleri: Have been GREAT in playoff with Montreal
Jeff Skinner: great come back year, canes probably don't want to move him
Scott Hartnell: still solid player who can score hit and add leadership
James Van Riemsdyk: Don't know if toronto want to keep him or move him,,, but i think the toronto fans always overestimate his value.
Winnipeg got three young LW, one of Ehlers, or Connor will waste is time on the 3rd, are the Jets willing to move one of them ... (big price here i know ...)

Mike Cammalleri: that was an ugly divorce. The habs nor Camm ever talk to each other ever again. Plus the price would be too high for an aging player.

Jeff Skinner: I would be all over him but I doubt the canes wanna trade their only current high end forward. The habs cant make this deal unless they offer Pacs or Gallagher. Not happening. Canes have more than enough Dmen, so dont even think about Petry or Beaulieu (not that they would acquire him).

Scott Hartnell: Another aging player on a long contract. The habs should never go after him unless the CBJ accept prospects and/or picks.

James Van Riemsdyk: Leafs fans over value him, but the GM doesnt. A 2 time 50-60 point player with injury issues wont cost the habs too much. Maybe Juulsen, Beaulieu or some other prospects + a 2nd rounder would work (hopefull MB would be smart enough to not include NB). Maybe Plekanec + prospects/picks for JvR + Bozak works.

Ehlers/Connor: The cost will be too high, especially for Ehlers. Either could cost the habs Sergechev, which prob both teams dont agree on. At this point, I would rather give lehkonen, Carr, Ghetto or Sherback a chance. They have the talent.

The only player that is interesting here is Skinner.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
After his step back last season he's definitely not going to be the main asset going back for a young, top line winger on a solid contract. That's pretty insulting. :laugh:

Only stat watchers would say he had a down year. he actually had a better season.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
After his step back last season he's definitely not going to be the main asset going back for a young, top line winger on a solid contract. That's pretty insulting. :laugh:

What's insulting is this idea that Juulsen 'regressed'. He didn't. He's exactly what your team is looking for.

Personally, I could care less if we land JVR. He's not worth what you proposed.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Only stat watchers would say he had a down year. he actually had a better season.

Andrew Nielsen was drafted 65th in the same draft Juulsen was taken 26th and he's bigger and tougher then Juulsen. He scored 70 points last season. Juulsen had 28. He's not even a top-10 guy for the Leafs. Dermott at 35th from the same draft, destroyed his production and beat him out for a spot on team Canada at the WJC's.

I honestly don't think Juulsen would be a top-5 D prospect for the Leafs. Not too mention how many good forwards they have in their pool. He might not even be in their top-20 prospects and he's being offered up for a pretty legit player. Some people want quite a bit for quite a lot of nothing.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Andrew Nielsen was drafted 65th in the same draft Juulsen was taken 26th and he's bigger and tougher then Juulsen. He scored 70 points last season. Juulsen had 28. He's not even a top-10 guy for the Leafs. Dermott at 35th from the same draft, destroyed his production and beat him out for a spot on team Canada at the WJC's.

I honestly don't think Juulsen would be a top-5 D prospect for the Leafs. Not too mention how many good forwards they have in their pool. He might not even be in their top-20 prospects and he's being offered up for a pretty legit player. Some people want quite a bit for quite a lot of nothing.

another leafs fan analysis.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
What's insulting is this idea that Juulsen 'regressed'. He didn't. He's exactly what your team is looking for.

Personally, I could care less if we land JVR. He's not worth what you proposed.

He scored 24 less points in 5 less games and dropped 20+ points in plus/minus. That's regression. In a re-draft he'd go later than 26th. I can honestly say that I would not trade a prospect in the Leafs top-20 for Juulsen right now. Zaitsev, Dermott, Nielsen, Carrick and Valiev are all stronger D-prospects imo.

I would not trade JVR for a prospect I'd initially place in the 21-30 range of the prospect pool and whatever meaningless asset you had in mind.

JVR is a 1st line winger under a lovely cap hit and you are literally offering table scraps.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Lol Juulsen doesn't get JVR's left over lunch. We have multiple better d prospects than him.

Habs don't have what it takes to get JVR barring an overpayment

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
for the first 4 players, the team have to take salary in return!!!

I'm curious what N-J, Canes, Jackets, Leafs and Jets want to let the LW go to MTL.

For Skinner? I'd say the Canes would want a legit top line winger in his early-mid 20s, who can put of 25-30+ goals, who is under contract for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad