Prospect Info: #19 OA - C/W Evgeny Svechnikov, QMJHL

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The average male grows 2 mm after age 16.

There is zero way that is accurate. 2mm. That would mean half of all men grow an immeasurably small amount after 16.

Edit: pretty sure you got your stats from Wikipedia. That's growth PER MONTH, until the age of 20. Going by those stats, the average male grows about 26.5mm from 16 to 18, good for a little over an inch.

Anchor Town*

Thanks Bench. Sounds like your facts are out Anchor.

That chart confirms what I said. For a 16.5 year old (average age of a 16 year old), in the 50th percentile, they will grow on average 1 inch (2.54 cm)

Anchor Town*

There is zero way that is accurate. 2mm. That would mean half of all men grow an immeasurably small amount after 16.

Edit: pretty sure you got your stats from Wikipedia. That's growth PER MONTH, until the age of 20. Going by those stats, the average male grows about 26.5mm from 16 to 18, good for a little over an inch.

Autocorrect changed cm to mm.

HTH

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
yahoo has an article that Russia wouldn't let players come to NA till age of 28

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He plays on the wing. At 2014 World Selects Invite he scored 40pts(23g, 17a) in 9! games. To put it into perspective: runner ups A.Khovanov(RUS) and projected best swedish talent Oliver Wahlstöm had 12pts each. And Andrei scores at this pace on every level for now. Has played a lot of games for the 1999 team already and hasn't slowed down a bit production wise there.

He is now considered the next russian star in the making.

As for size. He is still 15. He will grow. Again for comparison, he's the same size Nichushkin was at age 15... with 13 pounds more.

His brother Evgeny should tell him to botch the draft interview process by telling teams he loves the KHL, this way teams are scared to draft him. With a *wink* wink* only Detroit truly knows he wants to be in the NHL. When he drops, Wings pick him with their mid to late 1st!!

Brothers unite!

Is that tampering? I don't think it would be. It's just called playing your cards, right?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
His brother Evgeny should tell him to botch the draft interview process by telling teams he loves the KHL, this way teams are scared to draft him. With a *wink* wink* only Detroit truly knows he wants to be in the NHL. When he drops, Wings pick him with their mid to late 1st!!

Brothers unite!

Is that tampering? I don't think it would be. It's just called playing your cards, right?

I think he represents the kind of talent that cannot even drop that far. We should be picking in the 20's the next couple of years anyway, just too hard to see him sliding all the way down there.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Just thought I'd pop in and say that Svechnikov has been playing C in training camp intrasquad games and stuff for the Eagles so it is definitely what he's wanting.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
He seems like a very good player along the boards (based on my limited viewings).

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Why would Sheahan move to wing?

exactly this

worst case scenario is we have too many good centres, converting a big, skilled and proven nhl capable centremen to the wing before finding and developing another big, skilled and nhl proven centremen is stupid

sheahan has proven he is a nhl centremen with upside, ES hasent proven jack in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad