Prospect Info: #19 OA - C/W Evgeny Svechnikov, QMJHL

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
If Svechnikov works out at center, we can always bump Sheahan down to 3C and move Athanasiou back to his natural LW position.

Tatar - Larkin - Nyquist
Jurco - Svechnikov - Mantha
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Bertuzzi - Glendening - Nastasiuk/Ferraro

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
u guys are in good shape love this kid imho kenny had best draft in long time and best free agency that nyquist contract is awesome that ive seen him turn in forever

very excited for you have to learn to step up beat the bolts if you can is gonna be a fun rivalry moving forward

me can take either winning so im gonna be happy for a long time :)

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
If Svechnikov works out at center, we can always bump Sheahan down to 3C and move Athanasiou back to his natural LW position.

Tatar - Larkin - Nyquist
Jurco - Svechnikov - Mantha
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Bertuzzi - Glendening - Nastasiuk/Ferraro

What are the chances Larkin and Svechnikov turn into true #1 centers? I suppose if trading for a top center is rare we won't have a choice..... though we would look even stronger at wing if we acquire one.

Tatar - ???? - Nyquist
Svechnikov - Larkin - Mantha
Anthanasiou - Sheahan - Pulkinnen
Bertuzzi - Glendening - Natasuik

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
What are the chances Larkin and Svechnikov turn into true #1 centers? I suppose if trading for a top center is rare we won't have a choice..... though we would look even stronger at wing if we acquire one.

Tatar - ???? - Nyquist

I would say the chances of one of them emerging as a top center is pretty decent. Especially Larkin ala Toews model.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Tatar - ???? - Nyquist

Maybe Edmonton trades Draisaitl some day for multiple wingers and/or defensive center with us. We should investigate that situation hard at every season from now on.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
A translated interview with Evgeny Svechnikov from Russian press

http://thehockeywriters.com/svechnikov-eager-to-play-in-detroit/

Have a good read!

– Your long-time team-mate Maxim Lazarev wasn’t drafted this year. Is he back to Canada?

– He’s at our home town Kazan now. I hope that someone will draft Max later or at least call him to the summer camps. Everyone wants to get here [to the NHL], I can imagine his emotions. We’ve played together for many years, I would like him to be drafted too.

– Do you think the Wings should draft him?

– Well, it’s his favorite team!

:yo:

Reno

Jan 21, 2007
Do they update rankings on players every year? I don't remember Pulk being an 8.0 C

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
That seems odd and I am actually shocked by that. I think I grew about 2 inches between 16 and 19. Was shortish in highschool. Comfortable height now.

But fair enough. Maybe he wont grow

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That seems odd and I am actually shocked by that. I think I grew about 2 inches between 16 and 19. Was shortish in highschool. Comfortable height now.

But fair enough. Maybe he wont grow

The 2mm stat is quite conservative compared to the best sources we have from the CDC. Keep in mind, this is American kids. There's one issue, these charts are rarely specific to Russian athletes living in Canada. Worldwide charts would have to account for nutrition and accuracy of data, in addition to ethnicity.

In the US, the 50th percentile increases about 1.5 inches between ages 16 and 20. What that means is the average height for boys goes up 1.5 inches between those ages. This doesn't tell us exactly how much you can expect any one person to grow, but it does tell us that boys still are expected to see some growth after 16. The numbers we see on these charts show movement quite a bit more than 2mm.

Here's said chart used by health folks: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How is brother Andrei? Center or winger?

Listed 6'0 at Eliteprospects, probably still growing?

He plays on the wing. At 2014 World Selects Invite he scored 40pts(23g, 17a) in 9! games. To put it into perspective: runner ups A.Khovanov(RUS) and projected best swedish talent Oliver Wahlstöm had 12pts each. And Andrei scores at this pace on every level for now. Has played a lot of games for the 1999 team already and hasn't slowed down a bit production wise there.

He is now considered the next russian star in the making.

As for size. He is still 15. He will grow. Again for comparison, he's the same size Nichushkin was at age 15... with 13 pounds more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad