Prospect Info: #19 OA - C/W Evgeny Svechnikov, QMJHL

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Sounds like he had a very good game at center, even if it was the preseason. So does this kid have a nickname yet?

Chevy is his nickname according to the man himself, short for his last name.

He went 9/13 on the dot tonight, had a fight and 2 assists, but it was just preseason action.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why would Sheahan move to wing?

He looked very good in there at last season in few games. Skated more and was more aggressive for offence, at center he plays maybe too defensively. Funny how Filppula was kind of same.

Hopefully Sheahan will find better balance no matter what the positions is. Especially more offence at center.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He looked very good in there at last season in few games. Skated more and was more aggressive for offence, at center he plays maybe too defensively. Funny how Filppula was kind of same.

Hopefully Sheahan will find better balance no matter what the positions is. Especially more offence at center.

I would prefer Sheahan as a top end third line center than as a par middle six winger. The same is true about Svechnikov at this point too, I would prefer him as a 2nd line center over a first line winger.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I would prefer Sheahan as a top end third line center than as a par middle six winger. The same is true about Svechnikov at this point too, I would prefer him as a 2nd line center over a first line winger.

Eh. It all depends on how things shake out. If Z and Pavs end up separated and Richards is the third line center, I have no problem with Sheahan as a top 6 wing. I'd rather have him as a top 6 wing over Helm or Abdelkader.

It's all relative to how things shake out with other players.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Any update on Svech? How's he looking these days?

Last 10 games :

7 goals, 7 assists. 19 PIM, 31 shots.
Last 10 games, he's been moved to wing or he hasn't been taking a lot of faceoffs (between 2 and 6 a game).

Looks like a bull in a china shop.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Last 10 games :

7 goals, 7 assists. 19 PIM, 31 shots.
Last 10 games, he's been moved to wing or he hasn't been taking a lot of faceoffs (between 2 and 6 a game).

Looks like a bull in a china shop.

Sounds like guy definitely plays with a mean steak... Nhl comparable? I've read he's 6'2-6'3 200+ and just over powers people on the I've.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds like guy definitely plays with a mean steak... Nhl comparable? I've read he's 6'2-6'3 200+ and just over powers people on the I've.

He's been compared to Pacioretty, or a bigger Cammalleri, if that makes any sense :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I just hope that 2016 draft becoming TOP5 pick Pierre-Luc Dubois isn't carrying him. Guy is almost 2 years younger than Svech.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0013302016.html

That guy looks phenomenal. 6'4 skill guy
Dubois is really good. Whenever I watch Cape Breton he honestly impresses me more than Svechnikov, which is kind of disappointing. Svechnikov should be dominant in the Q as an individual but he rarely looks that way... I'm kind of worried but lets see how he does in GR next year.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I just hope that 2016 draft becoming ~TOP5 pick Pierre-Luc Dubois isn't carrying him. Guy is almost 2 years younger than Svech.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0013302016.html

That guy looks phenomenal. 6'4 skill guy.

They don't play on the same line anymore, they have great chemistry together however.

C'mon, Dubois was 17 and Svechnikov 19-year-old at last season. Now Dubois has overtaken him at development.

Some players are just.. well better than others, there's a reason Svech was 20 and Dubois will be closer to 5.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
They don't play on the same line anymore, they have great chemistry together however.

Some players are just.. well better than others, there's a reason Svech was 20 and Dubois will be closer to 5.

You've watched him more than most I imagine, what's your player comparison for Svech?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
You've watched him more than most I imagine, what's your player comparison for Svech?

Best comparison I can come up with is Thomas Vanek type player. Personally haven't been too impressed with the kid.

Would have preferred Konecny, I guess Wings brass wanted size.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Best comparison I can come up with is Thomas Vanek type player. Personally haven't been too impressed with the kid.

Would have preferred Konecny, I guess Wings brass wanted size.

Welp, they need some size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->