Prospect Info: #19 OA - C/W Evgeny Svechnikov, QMJHL

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Congrats on getting Svechnikov. Here's a shift by shift video I made to demonstrate his style of play:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Like the pick, but need to see more in terms of the other more crucial positions. We're not getting better without centers and defensemen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Like the pick, but need to see more in terms of the other more crucial positions. We're not getting better without centers and defensemen.

I believe he played some center this year, so there is a possibility he could project there.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
One thing to keep in mind: there was speculation early in the year that Svechnikov has it in him to convert to center. He did play down the middle a bit.

But yeah, he definitely has the skill, the size, and the skating. I can see why he was BPA.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
pretty happy with this pick(and surprised that they took a Russian) but the Wings REALLY need to look into trading a Winger or two

edit: although it kinda sounds like maybe he might end up being a Center

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
If he can play center i'm thrilled with this pick. If he can't, i'm pretty indifferent towards the pick since we won't be seeing him in the NHL for at least 3-4 years.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
CIeCdoTVEAAXsS-.png

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 11m11 minutes ago
Pronman had Svechnikov ranked 9th.

http://thehockeywriters.com/next-ge...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sumome_share

Ross MacLean ‏@rossmaclean 11m11 minutes ago
Elite skater who can really pick his spots when releasing the puck. Doesn't need much room to execute and has great quickness in his hands

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 13m13 minutes ago
Svechnikov is the most classic Red Wings pick ever. High-end skill. Definitely not 18 players better than him in terms of pure talent.

His combination of size and elite offensive skills should have teams drooling, so I'll be surprised if he does slide into the mid-teens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad