Post-Game Talk: #17 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sat., Feb. 27 - Flyers win 3-0

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Overall the best game of the season in my eyes. Controlled from start to finish.

Just fix that PP, scratch Hagg and G shouldn't play with Hayes.

And just to expand on how broken that line is:

Giroux has been playing great individually and yet...
Giroux-Hayes-Patrick
11:07 at 5v5
39.13 CF% (worst on the team)
28.02 xGF% (worst on the team)

Using Ghost as an example because I think many would agree he was probably our Player of the Game...
Ghost with Hayes and Patrick - 7:01 at 5v5 - 25.00 CF%, 16.78 xGF%
Ghost without Hayes and Patrick - 10:08 at 5v5 - 52.17 CF%, 71.12 xGF%

THE COMBO DOESN'T WORK
CHANGE IT

Giroux, Patrick, and Hayes were the bottom four forwards in CF% and xGF% and Ghost got pulled down into the dirt because of that. Those four were together more than anyone.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Taryn quoting Gordon saying he purposely was trying to rein in sanheim. F idiot

Edit:

"I remember talking to Scott Gordon a few years ago and he said when Sanheim was with LHV he was always trying to get in, always trying to get in and they kinda had to pull him back and then he got to the NHL level and they were like, ok we can kinda let you go now"

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only way the Sabres will become a legit NHL organization again is the same way the Blackhawks did.l

I feel bad for you’s. No fans should have to deal with a decade of absolute futility like that franchise has gone through. Like yeah the ownership/management deserve it but fans don’t deserve to be held hostage for the stupidity of the higher ups.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Good win. Never forget, boys and girls:

Buffalo Sabers Suck

vKTIqe5.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well that was entertaining, largely because Buffalo was doing...yeah. I'm not sure what they were doing. But when faced with Buffalo totally on their heels, they put their foot down for the most part.

A weird thing was in the second when the Buffaloes were completely debacling and it should have been easy feasting. Hayes made a bunch of less-than-best plays or downright bad plays with zero pressure on him. Patrick was also disappointing because I wanted him to step up and control things, but he was passive as hell.

Elliott didn't let in the usual goals!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I only caught about 10-12 mins of the second period but it was the first time since those bubble seeding games that I was actually satisfied with the way they played.

Yeah, low bar with the Sabres, but the Flyers I've come to know and hate always find ways to stumble against the teams they should easily beat. Progress!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
so are you triggered by another Elliott shutout? :sarcasm:

Even though AV has collapsed since the playoffs, a great feature is that the Flyers aren't nearly as prone to playing down to their competition like they were with Hakstol and Berube. When it was guaranteed that if we played a bad team, you best believe we would be bad too.

Edit: Wait why did I quote you

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Well that was entertaining, largely because Buffalo was doing...yeah. I'm not sure what they were doing. But when faced with Buffalo totally on their heels, they put their foot down for the most part.

A weird thing was in the second when the Buffaloes were completely debacling and it should have been easy feasting. Hayes made a bunch of less-than-best plays or downright bad plays with zero pressure on him. Patrick was also disappointing because I wanted him to step up and control things, but he was passive as hell.

Elliott didn't let in the usual goals!
Tk replaces Patrick and unfortunately Patrick might need to play 4c for a bit. Maybe he can get up to speed there.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We also saw more of the hybrid kind of dump and chase that was effective last season. Where we might gain the zone with control and try to draw the opposing team to one side and then you could dump to the other side where we could either win the race or have numbers. Which is way better than the pure dump and chase regardless of situation which is just giving the puck away.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Tk replaces Patrick and unfortunately Patrick might need to play 4c for a bit. Maybe he can get up to speed there.
No issue with Patrick as the #4 C. L3C spotet him play there with Raffl and NAK and not be counted on for production like the other 3 lines.

He is a FA again this summer and will be signing a low contract again. Then next year, he and Frost fight it out for the #3 C spot....and if we lose a F in expansion, both play in the top 9.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
No issue with Patrick as the #4 C. L3C spotet him play there with Raffl and NAK and not be counted on for production like the other 3 lines.

He is a FA again this summer and will be signing a low contract again. Then next year, he and Frost fight it out for the #3 C spot....and if we lose a F in expansion, both play in the top 9.

Yep. Just hope he figures it out. Thinking playing with raffl and Kubel he might get a chance to pot some loose pucks from their forecheck. Will be a very good/sound 4th line. 12 minutes there. A couple on th pp and go fron there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad