Post-Game Talk: #17 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sat., Feb. 27 - Flyers win 3-0

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lavi has been to two finals with a far worse roster than ours has he not? When in the playoffs anything can happen.

I will never hope for this team to lose. At any point. Ever.

Lavi won with a veteran team that literally had a year off.
He came up short here with a deep veteran team, then as the talent declined so did his coaching.
While the 2009-10 team had a mediocre record, the same group put up 106 points the next season.

Same thing in Nashville, team he carries to the SC finals had a 94 point regular season, next year they put up 117 points and come up short.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I genuinely feel sorry for your outlook on life if thats the case.

Don't see why. Being realistic isn't bad. It just is.

And so long as this team picks "safe" coaches who play loser hockey in the playoffs and management insists on minimizing talent on the roster while managing assets like a crack addict, their Cupless streak will continue.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Defensemen rarely enter the league as polished players:

Norris votes last year:
Josi, hit his stride at 23-24
Carlson, 24-25 defensively, 28 on offense
Hedman 23
Pietrangelo 22
Slavin 22
Shea 23
Hamilton 23
Werenski 20, then flatlined
Makar 22
McAvoy 20, then flatlined
McAvoy has flatlined?

He is on a 65 point pace this year as a #1D man on a Bruins team that lost Krug and Chara.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
How many Cups will this get the team?

Probably the exact same amount it's gotten them since the 90s as they do well in the regular season and then uninspired coaching and management leads them to playoff losses to better built and better managed teams.
We have no idea. But I'll continue to hope. Why do you watch the games if you are so resigned to loss?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We have no idea. But I'll continue to hope. Why do you watch the games if you are so resigned to loss?

I've stated for years now that the most I can bother with is enjoying individual performances and the occasional good coaching decision while understanding that the team is going to be too flawed to ever win a Cup. While the team continues to work like it does, hoping for a Cup is self-torture.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
From an entertainment perspective it was pretty ideal in that Buffalo was very ungood and we did not play down to their level. Competence and good play were on display. Which probably is my favorite trait of the AV era. Going back to Berube it has been a routine trend to play down to bad teams. Games against good teams were a grind. Games against bad teams were a grind. Everything was a grind. No matter what other issues I have with our coaches, at least for the first time in a long time we get a break from the grind sometimes.

That is a good point. I think psychologically it must be a lot better as well. Everyone likes to bust out of traffic or have a work days that just flows well.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->