GDT: #17: Blackhawks 0 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Somehow NAK is putting up great Corsi while his linemates are sucking. And he gets by far the least ice time of any of them. LMAO

He’s played 4:59, 4:10, 4:13, 5:44, 8:01, & 5:44 so far. That’s not only just wasting a lineup spot but you’re doing it with someone who actually could have some potential. So either play him some more or send him down.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My dude. I couldn't give a goddamn about acceptance, I defended Braydon Coburn & to a lesser extend Matt Carle until the cows came home and still think Holmgren gets a too bad of a rap. I defended Bobby Clarke's GMing when that was a less than popular position. I was all about 47 point Claude Giroux being better than Mike Richards and got called an idiot for it by some of the cool kids at the time. I'm not on board with the anti-Hextall stuff (yet...but a coaching change has got to happen and he has to find a better short term solution in net). I still feel generally positive about the overall direction of the team.

But I ****ing hate this coach. And I don't hate him because it'll make me more popular to do so. I hate him because of the ****tiest ever passive PK he's done nothing to change. I hate him because he has a team full of horses that Lavy would salivate over and instead he has them playing this godawful passive system. I hate his preference of "safe" plugs over high impact players like TK, Sanheim, Ghost, etc. I hate his benching of Ghost late in games when we have the lead. I hate that it takes him months more than me - a ****ing nobody schlub - to figure out to put TK on the top line or to pair up Ghost & Provorov. I mean, right now Gudas/Sanheim should be getting heavy ****ing usage, and he'll probably get there eventually, but why the hell does it take so long for him to see the obvious move? I hate that he dressed VV for 81 games like he was Jeri Lehtinen, stealing icetime away from actual NHLers, and then inexplicably scratched him for the last game of the season, as if belatedly he realized that VV can't play. I hate that he religiously threw 76 & 78 out there at the ends of games with an open net, with guys like Giroux & Voracek stapled to the bench. Now he puts 28 & 93 out there and instead of running around like idiots in our own end for a minute and a half we can actually score on the freaking empty net. ALL OF US self-admitted morons knew that it was the right call from the jump, and it took this ****ing guy YEARS to get it. WHY? I hate that he breaks up his best line to get more "heavy" going into a playoff series against the defending cup champs. I hate so very many things about this coach that I could keep writing and writing and writing about it.

So, instead of kicking the cat that my wife conned me into letting into my house, or yelling at my kids for no reason at all, or just drinking until my liver taps out, all because this ****ing guy is driving me up a damned wall, I can come on here and vent about this beet-loving ******* to a bunch of other people who are also trying to keep their **** together and not make the people in their lives absolutely miserable all because this ****ing guy makes idiotic decision after idiotic decision and is wasting the best individual seasons by a Flyer since peak Lindros.

In other words, it isn't a cult; it's ****ing group therapy.
giphy (10).gif

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My dude. I couldn't give a goddamn about acceptance, I defended Braydon Coburn & to a lesser extend Matt Carle until the cows came home and still think Holmgren gets a too bad of a rap. I defended Bobby Clarke's GMing when that was a less than popular position. I was all about 47 point Claude Giroux being better than Mike Richards and got called an idiot for it by some of the cool kids at the time. I'm not on board with the anti-Hextall stuff (yet...but a coaching change has got to happen and he has to find a better short term solution in net). I still feel generally positive about the overall direction of the team.

But I ****ing hate this coach. And I don't hate him because it'll make me more popular to do so. I hate him because of the ****tiest ever passive PK he's done nothing to change. I hate him because he has a team full of horses that Lavy would salivate over and instead he has them playing this godawful passive system. I hate his preference of "safe" plugs over high impact players like TK, Sanheim, Ghost, etc. I hate his benching of Ghost late in games when we have the lead. I hate that it takes him months more than me - a ****ing nobody schlub - to figure out to put TK on the top line or to pair up Ghost & Provorov. I mean, right now Gudas/Sanheim should be getting heavy ****ing usage, and he'll probably get there eventually, but why the hell does it take so long for him to see the obvious move? I hate that he dressed VV for 81 games like he was Jeri Lehtinen, stealing icetime away from actual NHLers, and then inexplicably scratched him for the last game of the season, as if belatedly he realized that VV can't play. I hate that he religiously threw 76 & 78 out there at the ends of games with an open net, with guys like Giroux & Voracek stapled to the bench. Now he puts 28 & 93 out there and instead of running around like idiots in our own end for a minute and a half we can actually score on the freaking empty net. ALL OF US self-admitted morons knew that it was the right call from the jump, and it took this ****ing guy YEARS to get it. WHY? I hate that he breaks up his best line to get more "heavy" going into a playoff series against the defending cup champs. I hate so very many things about this coach that I could keep writing and writing and writing about it.

So, instead of kicking the cat that my wife conned me into letting into my house, or yelling at my kids for no reason at all, or just drinking until my liver taps out, all because this ****ing guy is driving me up a damned wall, I can come on here and vent about this beet-loving ******* to a bunch of other people who are also trying to keep their **** together and not make the people in their lives absolutely miserable all because this ****ing guy makes idiotic decision after idiotic decision and is wasting the best individual seasons by a Flyer since peak Lindros.

In other words, it isn't a cult; it's ****ing group therapy.

f***ing right it is. When 80% of posters on here can do better than a 4 million dollar a year coach you are allowed to be pissed off. It’s taken him years but it seems like he’s has picked up a few things at least.

...sorry about the cat.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Unforced errors in the dzone, under little to no pressure to start the game en route to a dismal 1st period. Powerplay spending 1:35 in the zone and not connecting. Shocking, I know. I counted ~5 shifts that spent more than 10 seconds in the offensive zone. Brutal. Elliot came up huge to erase some bad mistakes more than a few times. Deserved the SO today.

Second was much, much better. Coots doing his best Jake impression and Laughton in the middle of shorthanded excitement on the first PK. Plenty of blue line breakups leading to transition rushes which are a strength of this team. Definitely had the ice tilted towards the Hawks end and Crawford made some amazing saves throughout the stanza. Shockingly, the first shift of the third- failed clear, penalty....and here it comes....WAIT. WAS THAT A SLIGHTLY AGGRESSIVE PK?!!? A GAME WHERE THEY DIDN'T ALLOW A PPGA!??! WHAT YEAR IS IT?! After that though the 3rd was well played albeit shelled, but still a palatable period as a whole. I still wish to see NAK more.

Speaking of the PK, Laughton again in the middle of shorthanded excitement on the first PK. Useful.

Konecny: one of the best Flyers tonight
  • Bodied Duncan Keith on the boards to cause the 2-1 with G was nice. Perfect body position
  • Then showed us the breakaway speed to split and well...break away...from 2 hawks. Penalty drawn.
  • Used his speed to lead a number of rushes tonight through the NZ, good to see out of him. Love the confidence he has with the puck on his stick now
Sanheim: again lowering his egregious turnovers/60. Of note, he was the one entering the zone with possession to lead to the only threatening shifts in the first 10 minutes. Luckily, he often sees the least ice out of all our Dmen.

Gudas: Great play to stand up a Hawk rush at the blue line to cause what became a Konecny breakaway snap shot from in the slot. Another on a long list of 10-bell saves by Crawford

Manning: lol

Giroux: an absolute M A D L A D. The defensive play has risen off the charts. Effective as f*** on both ends of the ice. What a player.

Hagg: further solidifying himself as a top pair rock
  • Yoeman's work by Coots especially to keep pucks alive on that shift with around 1-2 minutes left. Not just along the boards either. Out-muscling players, fighting and winning battles in open ice, Konecny doing some work too, got the puck back to Provorov at the point for a shot, more hard work on 50-50 pucks in front, back to Provorov again, D to D for the one timer that goes 9 feet wide and the Hawks walk it out. Loved it.
Provorov: reverted a little bit today. He really needs to connect on his passes. Maybe pair him with Ghost where the two found the most success in their careers? IDK

oKo4TkW.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This thread has probably the worst post-game commentary in HF Flyers history... and they won 4-0. :laugh:

@mja with the clutch contribution, though. :clap:

Combined with the deleted stuff, these were some of the most useless hours in the history of mankind

@mja I know you received a notification I gave you a single like. Feel free to imagine I clicked the "like" button 5.000 times

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Well, I didn’t get home until late last night and haven’t had a chance to watch the replay. I did see the Manning fluke own goal. That guy has the worst luck. No one tries harder out there, and you know he was pumped against his former team. I really feel bad for the guy. Good luck in your firefighting career, Brandon.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Well, I didn’t get home until late last night and haven’t had a chance to watch the replay. I did see the Manning fluke own goal. That guy has the worst luck. No one tries harder out there, and you know he was pumped against his former team. I really feel bad for the guy. Good luck in your firefighting career, Brandon.

Of course you saw it - being only an inch away... Better luck next time!

Reactions: boxcar65

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Well, I wasn't really expecting that kind of a reaction. I appreciate it and all, but you all do realize you're also giving more fodder to him to support his theory, right? :laugh:

And yes, cats are the worst, although I'm not an animal lover in any way at all (sorry, @Captain Dave Poulin ). I successfully held my ground for well over a decade because my antipathy for the furry creatures of the world is boundless, but finally the pouting just became unbearable and she pounced in a moment of weakness. That's the problem when you marry someone who's out of your league, she then has you wrapped around her finger and she knows it.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

What I loved about that play was that he didn't just tip the puck into the net. It was going in anyway but he banged it in with authority. It's that kind of active sucking that I've always appreciated from him. MacDonald would have just waved his stick at it ineffectively, but ManDog ain't got no time for those shenanigans. If it's going to be an own goal, he's going to score the thing with purpose, goddamnit!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone notice that the people complaining about all the “negative people” on here are the most miserable people on the board? :laugh: Meanwhile these negative posters who are “furious that the team won” seem to be having all the fun.

Also can someone show me some examples of posts from after the game where people were mad about the win? Surely with this amount of crying there should be a lot of proof, right?

I saw a lot of people, including myself, who were very happy when they scored and were playing well, so I’m interested to see all these posts I somehow missed.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Also can someone show me some examples of posts from after the game where people were mad about the win? Surely with this amount of crying there should be a lot of proof, right?

Repeating a lie leads to the belief that it acutally did happen, and some of the complaining about "dem posters" over the past few weeks is definitely proof of that

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Or maybe it's that certain people can see that this system of play will not lead to wins against good teams when it counts. And Hak will have no solution on how to adjust his system to out coach the opponent,

Maybe...

:clap:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Repeating a lie leads to the belief that it acutally did happen, and some of the complaining about "dem posters" over the past few weeks is definitely proof of that
Yeah, I assume they know they’re full of it, so I’ll just keep asking for proof until they realize they can’t give it.

Sure, maybe there’s two or three posters on here who are actively rooting for losses and are actually mad when the team wins, but outside of that the crying is baseless.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I expect us to make the playoffs this year. And I don't expect Hakstol to get fired anytime soon.

The question is, will Hextall do anything to fix our goaltending issues. Because with this goalie lineup we may as well not make the playoffs.
I wonder what it would cost to acquire Crawford at the deadline. The Hawks are obviously not a playoff team this year. Would Hextall be willing to trade a 1st? Maybe it's time to prove that playoffs mean more to him than the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad