Prospect Info: #166 Overall, LW Josh Filmon, Swift Current WHL

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
In his situation he should eat a lot of porridge and meet. Wagons.

Do cardio. Walking is a good way too. Especially if you can make it two hours per day or more with some exercises for your back on street machines. If you have them in your city. If you are not a walking person, you can start to making photography, learn about composition and making specific photos of old houses or birds(need more expensive lens) or you can draw(like I do). Or just "open the map" - walk on every street, every small open yard.

Filmon is thin and tall. We are worry about his training routine.

Gym is good, but not so fun. If you will feel bored, change it to basketball or box or table tennis(i see you, Xirik) or other sport. And change it right after you feel routine.
I ride around the perimter of our neighborhood golf course on my mountain bike with high resistance virtually everday. Not an electric bicycle, I ride a traditional bike so it’s work. About 45-50 minutes which is about 10 to 11 miles

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I ride around the perimter of our neighborhood golf course on my mountain bike with high resistance virtually everday. Not an electric bicycle, I ride a traditional bike so it’s work. About 45-50 minutes which is about 10 to 11 miles
Nice! Hope I will be good enough to make it in my 50'.
Than you need to limit your meals. No snacks between breakfast and lunch and dinner. May be its good to eat little more, but only two times per day, at least couple of times per week. If everything is fine with the pancreas.
I believe magnesium, B and D vitamins should be good supplement too. Need to eat with good fat for better digestibility. I belive you know something about it. May be its better for someone who read it. Healthy food is fun and saturates. Its just important to implement it, figure it out, make it various. And limit your beer, @devilsblood. Its a bad habit.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Nice! Hope I will be good enough to make it in my 50'.
Than you need to limit your meals. No snacks between breakfast and lunch and dinner. May be its good to eat little more, but only two times per day, at least couple of times per week. If everything is fine with the pancreas.
I believe magnesium, B and D vitamins should be good supplement too. Need to eat with good fat for better digestibility. I belive you know something about it. May be its better for someone who read it. Healthy food is fun and saturates. Its just important to implement it, figure it out, make it various. And limit your beer, @devilsblood. Its a bad habit.
Yeah no snacks is vital. I haven’t thought of supplements figuring that eating a lot of veggies covers that but I’ll give it a try. I hope Filmon is reading all this.

Reactions: AusDev

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Gym is good, but not so fun. If you will feel bored, change it to basketball or box or table tennis(i see you, Xirik) or other sport. And change it right after you feel routine.
Well I've always been an activity person, as opposed to a gym person. I play hockey, I snow board. I bike and I've mountain biked in the past.

Even more recently I've been doing some track work, where I mostly walk, but then interject various exercises, backward runs, karaoke's, lunges, skipping, between the goal lines. Just adds some variety.

But as of now, I do enjoy my gym time. Though I do wish they had a heavy bag.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Trust me, I know.

I don't always obey, but I know.
Yeah, feel for you. I smoked five years and I clearly hated it for two last years and wanted to end it.

Well I've always been an activity person, as opposed to a gym person. I play hockey, I snow board. I bike and I've mountain biked in the past.

Even more recently I've been doing some track work, where I mostly walk, but then interject various exercises, backward runs, karaoke's, lunges, skipping, between the goal lines. Just adds some variety.

But as of now, I do enjoy my gym time. Though I do wish they had a heavy bag.
Awesome!

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Today I weighed 2 pounds heavier for no reason. Had a no-carb omelette for lunch (I usually don't eat breakfast) and had some white chicken chili for dinner. Mid day had some veg and cherries for snacks. That's it. No beer either - a couple of fingers of bourbon only. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then you got guys like Filmon ... tall and very skinny. I wish I had that problem although I know guys who had it and ended up with bad heart disease because they didn't realize the food was unhealthy.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Today I weighed 2 pounds heavier for no reason. Had a no-carb omelette for lunch (I usually don't eat breakfast) and had some white chicken chili for dinner. Mid day had some veg and cherries for snacks. That's it. No beer either - a couple of fingers of bourbon only. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then you got guys like Filmon ... tall and very skinny. I wish I had that problem although I know guys who had it and ended up with bad heart disease because they didn't realize the food was unhealthy.
My guess the chili had a dose of extra salt and you are retaining water

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
My guess the chili had a dose of extra salt and you are retaining water
My guess as well. I am a saltaholic. I love it. I can pass on sweets easily (although I love ice cream, but rarely eat it) but salt?? My favorite peanuts are this locally made peanuts from Winstead church in Wilson(?) NC that are roasted dry and have lots of salt.

I have a problem :)

My3Sons

Sponsor
My guess as well. I am a saltaholic. I love it. I can pass on sweets easily (although I love ice cream, but rarely eat it) but salt?? My favorite peanuts are this locally made peanuts from Winstead church in Wilson(?) NC that are roasted dry and have lots of salt.

I have a problem :)
As you age keep you probably have to keep track of that.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Guys with Filmon constitution should walk, run and make physical exercises a lot. Or they will have a lot of problems with digestion, back, breathing etc.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
When I was tall and skinny (And broke), like maybe when I was about 21, I went on a diet to put on weight. I called it my "Four calzones a week" diet where I just made sure to have a calzone for dinner every other night. So I guess sometimes it was technically a "Three calzones a week" diet sometimes, but thems the breaks. I lived above a good pizza place and calzones were $5 a pop so this was easy to do, plus they provided a solid base to put some beer on top of. I did it for close to a year and nothing changed about me.

Then one day when I was 27, I woke up and was like, "Oh wow I'm fat".

Getting old sucks. Don't do it, Josh Filmon.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
When I was tall and skinny (And broke), like maybe when I was about 21, I went on a diet to put on weight. I called it my "Four calzones a week" diet where I just made sure to have a calzone for dinner every other night. So I guess sometimes it was technically a "Three calzones a week" diet sometimes, but thems the breaks. I lived above a good pizza place and calzones were $5 a pop so this was easy to do, plus they provided a solid base to put some beer on top of. I did it for close to a year and nothing changed about me.

I stopped worrying about being fat.

It's all about changing your life goals.

My life goal now is to be wider than I am tall.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

I used to believe the best pizza in NJ was the Star Tavern in Orange. Star is still top three or five but like, try the Columbia Inn in Montville, try De Lucia's in Raritan. Those are next level pies.

Also my favorite calzone? Eggplant & pepperoni or as I like to call it - 'The Costanza'

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I can swing 5 pounds in a day no problem.

Ill lose 2-3 pounds overnight.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I used to believe the best pizza in NJ was the Star Tavern in Orange. Star is still top three or five but like, try the Columbia Inn in Montville, try De Lucia's in Raritan. Those are next level pies.

Also my favorite calzone? Eggplant & pepperoni or as I like to call it - 'The Costanza'
There’s a FB group Jersey pizza joints I highly recommend. There’s also a sandwich joints one because NJ has great food and lots of opinions.

Tho… I think it’s Brooklyn? Queens? That has an Italian deli with artichoke parm. Mmmm

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
More meet, fish and vegetables, less carbohydrates. Eat only 2-3 times per day. No fruits between breakfast and lunch or between dinner and lunch. No sugar at all, no sweets at all, no cookies at all. More cruciferous if you can. I like to fry cauliflower and zucchini with meet and making a salad. Its better to eat fruit only with breakfast, may be after dinner. Dont drink sweet water, especially between eating. Sweet water is evil. Dont forget about eating fats - eggs, avokado, butter. Overall check your sugar in blood.
Its a normal food culture that will help you to make you healthier and lose weight. And its fun and tasty because you can eat meet dishes. I'm eating meet with salad on dinner. And my breakfast is oatmeal with fruits, berries and nut paste(its a good fat too). If I need lunch, I can eat soup, eggs, vegetables, im trying to eat 2 times per day, but um not gonna be crazy if Im eating three times.

Don't forget - very important thing is to eat 2-3 times only(2 times is better), no snacks, no sugar, no sweet water, !eat fats!.

And try to do cardio and some physical stuff. If you have a back problems, you can start with stretching, lite yoga, massages and exercises with your weight like push ups. It's better to play some sport you like, because it's more fun. And don't rush yourself from the beginning. Step by step.
You mentioned nut paste (I am using my willpower to not make a lame joke ) . Im guessing that is the same thing as peanut butter ?
Reason I ask is because I love peanut butter and whenever I go to the US , there is never any peanut butter at restaurants I go to . Is PB common where you are located ?
It blows my mind that in the US (at least the places I go to ) they don’t have any and when I ask for some , the waiter / waitress looks at me like I am from another planet .
Is peanut butter just a Canadian thing or what ? Or is maybe just part of the US I go to mostly that doesn’t use PB much ? (Montana , Oregon, Idaho , Washington) I can’t remember if touristy places like California / Florida /Vegas I go to has PB there in their restraunts or not .But I do know it’s nkt as readily available like it is where I live.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You mentioned nut paste (I am using my willpower to not make a lame joke ) . Im guessing that is the same thing as peanut butter ?
Reason I ask is because I love peanut butter and whenever I go to the US , there is never any peanut butter at restaurants I go to . Is PB common where you are located ?
It blows my mind that in the US (at least the places I go to ) they don’t have any and when I ask for some , the waiter / waitress looks at me like I am from another planet .
Is peanut butter just a Canadian thing or what ? Or is maybe just part of the US I go to mostly that doesn’t use PB much ? (Montana , Oregon, Idaho , Washington) I can’t remember if touristy places like California / Florida /Vegas I go to has PB there in their restraunts or not .But I do know it’s nkt as readily available like it is where I live.
Paste is a crushing product, butter is a pressing product. Im eating pasta without sugar or any other supplements. Peanut pasta is a good supplement by itself. Peanut butter isn`t the only canadien product, I believe you can buy it everywhere is an open market. May be some specific regions or malls, you visited, didn`t have it. It`s sound interesting, because, as we talk about stereotypes, it`s a very "american thing" to eat peanut butter with bread or corn flakes on breakfast. We are prefering oatmeal\semolina porridge(kids mostly) or eggs for breakfast. Without vodka. You don`t wanna be angry in school. More angry than usual.

Reactions: Oneiro

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
It is time to re-visit giving up diet soda for me. Water and tea (and the occasional coffee and glass of wine) from now on.

Peanut butter is good in the morning if you don't over-do it. 'American thing' or not, I love putting PB in my oatmeal with some cinnamon. I usually have a small amount of Greek yogurt additionally to get some protein in there too.

Very healthful and a better option over eggs and ham or bacon every couple of days. But if you do enjoy eggs, definitely poached or soft boiled.

That and some strawberries & blueberries on the side with some good ham (not deli ham) is a great breakfast too.

But usually I do my two protein shakes a day followed by one substantial meal. A modified version of the ol' American 'slim fast' regime for you older/semi older farts like me. Premier protein & muscle milk are good brands. 30 grams of protein with I believe 150 calories a scoop or bottle of the stuff.

Reactions: My3Sons

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
Ive never seen peanut butter on a restaurant menu aside from the children's menu. It's more of an ingredient. People eat a lot of peanut butter here in the States, just not when theyre dining out.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Ive never seen peanut butter on a restaurant menu aside from the children's menu. It's more of an ingredient. People eat a lot of peanut butter here in the States, just not when theyre dining out.
I also think there is such worry over peanut allergies that sone places choose to have nothing peanut related rather than deal with cross contamination concerns.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad