Jan 5, 2016
On Earth

Ranked #75 by Bob McKenzie and #38 for NA skaters by Central Scouting

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
This is all a projection pick (yes I know they’re all all projection picks).

And if we’re doing that I would’ve rather taken a shot at somebody i think had a higher chance of developing some game breaking talent.

I will be the first to admit I’ve seen very little of him though

Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just here to see people complain about a guy who was ranked higher than where we took him yet want to complain...

Just here to see people complain about a guy who was ranked higher than where we took him yet want to complain...

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Loving this pick.

Seems to score a lot of interior goals, which is much needed here. Reminds me of Alex Killorn.

A couple of those goals, he's got some Matthews-esque contortion going on to get the puck through a screen and create a better shooting angle.

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Josh turns into Jesper Bratt part 2.

@StevenToddIves , your opinion. ;)
I'm not sure Filmon has the singular elite skill to turn into Jesper Bratt, but judging on his progression in the WHL this year and the fact he hasn't nearly filled out his body yet, I'd say there is certainly upside in Josh Filmon. I like that he seems comfortable in the interior, his skills are pretty good across the board and he plays smart. There's a lot to like about Josh Filmon, but he's definitely a kid we're going to have to show some patience with.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm not sure Filmon has the singular elite skill to turn into Jesper Bratt, but judging on his progression in the WHL this year and the fact he hasn't nearly filled out his body yet, I'd say there is certainly upside in Josh Filmon. I like that he seems comfortable in the interior, his skills are pretty good across the board and he plays smart. There's a lot to like about Josh Filmon, but he's definitely a kid we're going to have to show some patience with.

If he even turns out as a decent middle 6 or good 3rd liner it’s a massive success for a 6th rounder

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
He was 5'9 125 when drafted in the 4th round of the 19 WHL bantam draft. His dad is 6'2 and played point guard, his uncle is 6'5, also a star college basketball player. I fully expect him to fall in the middle of those two.

Additionally, he is shifting to center next season so he could be in line for a large jump in production.
He’s 6’2” isn’t he? That’s what he is.
People don’t grow height wise past this age.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Very rare. Especially if he had a huge growth spurt after 15.

Screenshot_20220709-131741_Chrome.jpg

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Given the height of his father and uncle, I think it's clearly possible, especially given his growth this past season.

Hell, I grew 3/4 of an inch as an 18 year old.
It isn’t really dependent on how tall they are. It’s just people are almost always done growing height wise by the time they hit 18 and considering he already had a big growth spurt after 15 it’s even less likely.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Seems like a fantastic value pick

Have to love that write up.

Also note Swift Current was super young. 3 of the top 4 point producers were 17 to start the year, a 16 year old was 6th in points. They had a 15 year old as well.

Not that does cut both ways, it does allow for a guy like Filmon to get some of the better offensive oppurtunities, but he's also likely seeing tougher comp on the other side, and he(and the other youngins of course) have to create the offensive chances themselves.

Led his team in goals, 3rd in points, looks like he played in all the games(ie durable)

Really like this pick. Interesting to see what that young group does as they mature together.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Loving this pick.

Seems to score a lot of interior goals, which is much needed here. Reminds me of Alex Killorn.

A couple of those goals, he's got some Matthews-esque contortion going on to get the puck through a screen and create a better shooting angle.

I loved that most of them were between the dots and closer to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad