Prospect Info: #166 Overall, LW Josh Filmon, Swift Current WHL

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I gained 35 lbs during the pandemic

I'm still pretty young (34) so I can do 60 minutes of cardio of day without much issues that helps a lot.

Two poached eggs, whole wheat toast and some berries or other fruit in the morning, protein shake in the afternoon and salmon or chicken with veggies and brown rice or roasted sweet potato with cinnamon and butter.

Eat from 7 AM to 7 PM and that weight will melt right off. Gotta keep those calories under 1,200-1,500 and of course one cheat meal a week.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm still pretty young (34) so I can do 60 minutes of cardio of day without much issues that helps a lot.

Two poached eggs, whole wheat toast and some berries or other fruit in the morning, protein shake in the afternoon and salmon or chicken with veggies and brown rice or roasted sweet potato with cinnamon and butter.

Eat from 7 AM to 7 PM and that weight will melt right off. Gotta keep those calories under 1,200-1,500 and of course one cheat meal a week.
1,200?? You’re a crazy man.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Food is only half the battle.

6 - 12oz Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA's is 1,254 calories.... that's basically your entire day of calories I do in an hour an half with a full rack of ribs :)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ugh. Hopefully some of that has come off?
I dropped some but it came right back. I used to do this all the time, 8 to 10 good weeks then a free for all and that used to maintain my weight decently...but in the last couple of years the weight doesn't seem to come off like it used to.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I dropped some but it came right back. I used to do this all the time, 8 to 10 good weeks then a free for all and that used to maintain my weight decently...but in the last couple of years the weight doesn't seem to come off like it used to.

I thought I lost some weight once, but I found it in the bottom of a box of Oreos.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
More meet, fish and vegetables, less carbohydrates. Eat only 2-3 times per day. No fruits between breakfast and lunch or between dinner and lunch. No sugar at all, no sweets at all, no cookies at all. More cruciferous if you can. I like to fry cauliflower and zucchini with meet and making a salad. Its better to eat fruit only with breakfast, may be after dinner. Dont drink sweet water, especially between eating. Sweet water is evil. Dont forget about eating fats - eggs, avokado, butter. Overall check your sugar in blood.
Its a normal food culture that will help you to make you healthier and lose weight. And its fun and tasty because you can eat meet dishes. I'm eating meet with salad on dinner. And my breakfast is oatmeal with fruits, berries and nut paste(its a good fat too). If I need lunch, I can eat soup, eggs, vegetables, im trying to eat 2 times per day, but um not gonna be crazy if Im eating three times.

Don't forget - very important thing is to eat 2-3 times only(2 times is better), no snacks, no sugar, no sweet water, !eat fats!.

And try to do cardio and some physical stuff. If you have a back problems, you can start with stretching, lite yoga, massages and exercises with your weight like push ups. It's better to play some sport you like, because it's more fun. And don't rush yourself from the beginning. Step by step.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
More meet, fish and vegetables, less carbohydrates. Eat only 2-3 times per day. No fruits between breakfast and lunch or between dinner and lunch. No sugar at all, no sweets at all, no cookies at all. More cruciferous if you can. I like to fry cauliflower and zucchini with meet and making a salad. Its better to eat fruit only with breakfast, may be after dinner. Dont drink sweet water, especially between eating. Sweet water is evil. Dont forget about eating fats - eggs, avokado, butter. Overall check your sugar in blood.
Its a normal food culture that will help you to make you healthier and lose weight. And its fun and tasty because you can eat meet dishes. I'm eating meet with salad on dinner. And my breakfast is oatmeal with fruits, berries and nut paste(its a good fat too). If I need lunch, I can eat soup, eggs, vegetables, im trying to eat 2 times per day, but um not gonna be crazy if Im eating three times.

Don't forget - very important thing is to eat 2-3 times only(2 times is better), no snacks, no sugar, no sweet water, !eat fats!.

And try to do cardio and some physical stuff. If you have a back problems, you can start with stretching, lite yoga, massages and exercises with your weight like push ups. It's better to play some sport you like, because it's more fun. And don't rush yourself from the beginning. Step by step.
What do you mean by sweet water? Coke and Pepsi and similar soft drinks?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

*Vince McMahon voice*

Biosteel, pal!

I actually agree with @Guadana but my only deviation would be to pick one day and enjoy sweets. Don't go hog wild but if you want a coca cola on Sunday or a chocolate bar - go for it!

The worst thing you can do for a diet is deprivation. You'll burn yourself out and end up reverting back to bad eating habits.

Plus the best part? You can start at one cheat a week and scale that back to once every other week when there is more progress made.

My3Sons

Sponsor
*Vince McMahon voice*

Biosteel, pal!

I actually agree with @Guadana but my only deviation would be to pick one day and enjoy sweets. Don't go hog wild but if you want a coca cola on Sunday or a chocolate bar - go for it!

The worst thing you can do for a diet is deprivation. You'll burn yourself out and end up reverting back to bad eating habits.

Plus the best part? You can start at one cheat a week and scale that back to once every other week when there is more progress made.
I can lose weight to the point where I only need to lose 5 pounds that never come off but it requires eating salad for both meals with some minor sugar free sweets. Eating sensibly I need to lose 15 pounds. I exercise virtually every day but it only does so much. Getting old sucks.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I can lose weight to the point where I only need to lose 5 pounds that never come off but it requires eating salad for both meals with some minor sugar free sweets. Eating sensibly I need to lose 15 pounds. I exercise virtually every day but it only does so much. Getting old sucks.

I had that 'I don't need to worry about this s***' during my teens and 20s and just now starting to reverse course on that. Turns out my body no longer wants to act like it's in high school anymore.

Who would ever guess. Lmfao.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC

You can't outrun a bad diet, they say. It's 95% food/drinks and 5% exercise really. Blows.

My3Sons

Sponsor
You can't outrun a bad diet, they say. It's 95% food/drinks and 5% exercise really. Blows.
I think it’s probably 75% genetics 20% diet and 5% exercise but the diet portion varies. For example if I eat a salad with chicken on it for each meal and no snacks other than a little bit of sugar free chocolate I lose weight. Just having some starch like a potato side dish and I’m adding 10 pounds from my best weight. I’m not drinking alcohol or sugary soft drinks. I’ll drink iced tea and water and only a little Splenda or monk fruit seeetener in the tea. It’s pretty stark and who can eat salad and nothing else for every meal forever?

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I think it’s probably 75% genetics 20% diet and 5% exercise but the diet portion varies. For example if I eat a salad with chicken on it for each meal and no snacks other than a little bit of sugar free chocolate I lose weight. Just having some starch like a potato side dish and I’m adding 10 pounds from my best weight. I’m not drinking alcohol or sugary soft drinks. I’ll drink iced tea and water and only a little Splenda or monk fruit seeetener in the tea. It’s pretty stark and who can eat salad and nothing else for every meal forever?

Well, yeah, it’s totally genetics and maybe even your gut flora! Which maybe replaceable. I lost 40 pounds during the pandemic and took up running, not more than 10 miles a week (a 5k and a 10k). I’ve put 8-10 back though over the last 18 months, probably because we go out to eat more often than we did, plus I drink beer more often than I did during the pandemic (which was almost never - spirits only which are no carb). I’m not as militant about the 10 miles per week either so … sigh. I want to get back where I was, I was good there.

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
I feel like for me it’s the opposite. I eat quite healthy but also a lot (I don’t really count but I eat quite a bit more than the average person). The only way I don’t gain weight is by exercising, especially running and HIIT type training.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I eat mostly healthy foods but i do over eat and i do tend to eat late at night.

I also like beer

Only in the past 2 years have i started going to the gym. I do get a fair amount of exercise in, I ride my bike a couple miles to work and my job is pretty physical. But i can also sit around on my off days like a champ(chatting with you nerds mostly).

Still for 47 im in pretty decent shape. Bit of a soft body, bit of a belly, but not bad.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Jucies, cola, pepsi, even milk has sugar in it(only if you can by it from farmers, but Jim isn't young and there are a lot of reasons to not drink milk after 25-30, its really better to not doing it), tea with sugar, coffee with sugar or/and with milk.
And it sounds sectarianly, but when you are ending with sugar(drinks, cookies, sweets, cream cakes etc), after short period you will have better taste feelings, a lot of food is feeling more sweet without any supplement.
And it making life much better. Better sleep, more energy, better body feelings.

I have cryptonit, sometimes I eat vanilla ice cream. Not everyday, but once or twice per week after lunch. Specific good vanilla ice cream, its a fat, but still I can't say no. Hope lex Luthor doesn't read it.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Well, yeah, it’s totally genetics and maybe even your gut flora! Which maybe replaceable. I lost 40 pounds during the pandemic and took up running, not more than 10 miles a week (a 5k and a 10k). I’ve put 8-10 back though over the last 18 months, probably because we go out to eat more often than we did, plus I drink beer more often than I did during the pandemic (which was almost never - spirits only which are no carb). I’m not as militant about the 10 miles per week either so … sigh. I want to get back where I was, I was good there.
I’m having salad for lunch and dinner tonight. Shrimp remoulade Caesar salad ( easy on the cheese and croutons) shrimp is boiled not fried. Tonight a seafood salad which is your typical garden salad with some boiled crabmeat boiled shrimp and maybe a bit of boiled crawfish tails as well. Booked seafood isn’t bad in terms of calories and no or low carb. I missed my bike ride today because I had to be out of thr house by 7 to drive to court and by the time I got home it was 97 degrees and I couldn’t face it.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Jucies, cola, pepsi, even milk has sugar in it(only if you can by it from farmers, but Jim isn't young and there are a lot of reasons to not drink milk after 25-30, its really better to not doing it), tea with sugar, coffee with sugar or/and with milk.
And it sounds sectarianly, but when you are ending with sugar(drinks, cookies, sweets, cream cakes etc), after short period you will have better taste feelings, a lot of food is feeling more sweet without any supplement.
And it making life much better. Better sleep, more energy, better body feelings.

I have cryptonit, sometimes I eat vanilla ice cream. Not everyday, but once or twice per week after lunch. Specific good vanilla ice cream, its a fat, but still I can't say no. Hope lex Luthor doesn't read it.
I love chocolate the darker the better. At least I can get sugar free chocolate sweetened with stevia and that seems ok in small doses. The real issue for me is just keeping calories low. Even if I eat few carbs I still have to watch the fat. The BBQ place near me has ribs that they smoke without sauce so very low carb. I could eat 100 of them but I can tell that’s a lot of fat if I have more than 2. It’s not easy being over 50.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I love chocolate the darker the better. At least I can get sugar free chocolate sweetened with stevia and that seems ok in small doses. The real issue for me is just keeping calories low. Even if I eat few carbs I still have to watch the fat. The BBQ place near me has ribs that they smoke without sauce so very low carb. I could eat 100 of them but I can tell that’s a lot of fat if I have more than 2. It’s not easy being over 50.
Yeah, I love dark chocolate with stevia, its a good sweetener(there are a lot of bad ones). Its not just my summer thing.
It could be not easy in 34 too, if you have back injuries. Can't imagine how pro athletes live with it. I can't imagine how Lucic can live with his back and still being NHL pro in his age.
So I hope Filmon is careful when gain mass. He needs a lot.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yeah, I love dark chocolate with stevia, its a good sweetener(there are a lot of bad ones). Its not just my summer thing.
It could be not easy in 34 too, if you have back injuries. Can't imagine how pro athletes live with it. I can't imagine how Lucic can live with his back and still being NHL pro in his age.
So I hope Filmon is careful when gain mass. He needs a lot.
Filmon does have his work cut out for him. Even if he decides to use avocados he will have his work cut out for him

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Filmon does have his work cut out for him. Even if he decides to use avocados he will have his work cut out for him
In his situation he should eat a lot of porridge and meet. Wagons.

Do cardio. Walking is a good way too. Especially if you can make it two hours per day or more with some exercises for your back on street machines. If you have them in your city. If you are not a walking person, you can start to making photography, learn about composition and making specific photos of old houses or birds(need more expensive lens) or you can draw(like I do). Or just "open the map" - walk on every street, every small open yard.
Love how this thread turned into the GQ Fitness thread lmao :laugh:

Filmon is thin and tall. We are worry about his training routine.

I eat mostly healthy foods but i do over eat and i do tend to eat late at night.

I also like beer

Only in the past 2 years have i started going to the gym. I do get a fair amount of exercise in, I ride my bike a couple miles to work and my job is pretty physical. But i can also sit around on my off days like a champ(chatting with you nerds mostly).

Still for 47 im in pretty decent shape. Bit of a soft body, bit of a belly, but not bad.
Gym is good, but not so fun. If you will feel bored, change it to basketball or box or table tennis(i see you, Xirik) or other sport. And change it right after you feel routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad