Golf: 150th Open Championship - July 14-17

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Last two Opens at St. Andrews were pretty weak winners for this course. Are we getting three in a row? Go back through the history of this course, and three in a row that aren't top 10-15 players of all time hasn't happened since the first few editions. Those weren't drawing the best golfers in the world, so it essentially hasn't happened ever. I'll go with history on this one. This is a course that historically yields the best champions of the sport.

That means we are probably down to Tiger, Phil, Rory, Jordan, Brooks, JT, DJ, Rahm, Scheffler, Morikawa, Bryson. You could throw one or two others in there and it's very possible a bunch of these guys never get to that status at sometime in their career, but I think all those guys would be considered as having somewhat realistic chances at that.

Tiger and Phil aren't happening. Not good enough anymore. The LIV guys, I could be wrong, but I don't see any of them contending. None of them are even in good form this year, so I think Brooks, DJ, and Bryson are out. Morikawa's form tells us he's out. He's been bad this year. Doubt he finds it this week.

That leaves us with Rory, Jordan, JT, Rahm, and Scheffler. While I wouldn't rule out any of the latter three, I think it'll more likely be one of the first two. Those would be my main picks. I'm biased, but I think Jordan's the favorite to win this week. Threw away last week's event and also last year's Open. Could say he threw away the last Open at this course also. All of this evens out, so I think it's probably his week. This is another great shot for Rory though.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Poulter getting boo'd and follows it up by almost snap hooking it OB on 1st is beautiful, and that fairway is wiiide

Reactions: TB12

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ernie near the top of a leaderboard. Now that’s something I haven’t seen for a while lol (I don’t watch champions tour)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Cam Young is so good. Taking the page out of Zalatoris' book and stepping into majors playing lights out. Something in the water at Wake Forest University apparently.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Cam Young is so good. Taking the page out of Zalatoris' book and stepping into majors playing lights out. Something in the water at Wake Forest University apparently.
Welp, turns out his T3 at Southern Hills is his only cut made in his career at majors :laugh:

Beautiful swing though

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like an interesting shot coming up from inside a bush

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad