GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Another period where Vanek - Tavares is looking better and better.

Someone needs to clean Laich's clock for crease sitting.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
So I've adopted this team as my #2 team after watching Tavares last year, and AMac this year (for fantasy purposes). I've mostly avoided your guys boards but I want to get involved in discussion now!

Who's the team Whipping boy?

What's the team current underachiever?

Current position of weakness?

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Vanek and JT went off and Bailey and Regin came on. The rest just didn't change - don't freak out.

Vanek was with Tavares, but after the Caps cleared Vanek and Tavares both made line changes for Bailey and Regin.

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive when Holtby robbed Frans off the feed from Tavares, Regin was in the slot.

Then on the last faceoff, JT was on the bench and Vanek was on the point.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
So I've adopted this team as my #2 team after watching Tavares last year, and AMac this year (for fantasy purposes). I've mostly avoided your guys boards but I want to get involved in discussion now!

Who's the team Whipping boy?

What's the team current underachiever?

Current position of weakness?

Welcome to Isles Nation!!! We could use as many fans as we can get.

AMac, Nabby, and PMB are our whipping boys.

We need defense and goaltending.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think taking PMB off the ice and placing Strome in that spot would be more logical. Regin is likely better than Strome defensively at this point, give Strome a good amount of offensive minutes, without exposing his defensive game much.

True, but A) I love the idea of Regin playing with Nielsen. These guys might have as much chemistry as anyone on the team but we've yet to play them together;

B) adding Regin to that line would make them even stronger defensively, making them an even better shut-down line. I know on paper they are our 2nd line, but IMO it doesn't mean they can't be used as defensive line;

and C) if the plan is to keep Strome up the middle, which it is according to everything I've read this year, moving Regin would be the only way to get Strome minutes this year. He's obviously not going to replace JT or Nielsen, and his game isn't suited for the energy line(even if it was, Cizikas is too perfect to move). IMO the only move that makes sense is sliding Regin to the wing where we can take full advantage of the Nielsen-Regin chemistry, while easing Strome into the NHL with 3rd line minutes. Less responsibility playing with a guy he should have some chemistry with in Nelson, as well as a tough, physical winger in McDonald who can provide some protection(as well as some offense).

Vanek - Tavares - Okposo
Regin - Nielsen - Bailey
Nelson - Strome - McDonald
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck
x - Boulton

Some nice versatility there, IMO. Each line brings a different element to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad