Post-Game Talk: #15: FLYERS 5 at Coyotes 2, Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, 9:00 p.m. ET

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
We can complain about Sanheim not getting enough ice time all we want (and that's all justified) but honestly, i'm just relieved that we don't have to suffer through watching farmer or mandog out there.
73b.gif

Reactions: JXC

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Hak could coach blindfolded and probably do just as well. "oh they just scored a goal eh? send out the heavy players". "whats that sanheim just started a rush that created a goal? better bench him next shift".

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
We can complain about Sanheim not getting enough ice time all we want (and that's all justified) but honestly, i'm just relieved that we don't have to suffer through watching farmer or mandog out there.

I will continue (as you said justifiably) to complain about Sanheims lack of ice time, but I can certainly get behind this sentiment. Can’t underestimate how bad those two were. They were significantly worse than any of the six D (including Hagg and Folin) that the Flyers iced tonight.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Where has this effort been all year??? Its mind boggling how we play decent on the road and pathetic at home. Been that way since Haks been hired. Anyway another strong performance by Patrick. He's not flashy but is starting to show a solid all around game in all 3 zones. When he was drafted I envisioned Joe Thorton but now i'm starting to think Trevor Linden type C. Reminds me of Johansson as well.

Simmonds continues to be impressive and G had a great night as well. Hopefully this energy doesn't die when we get back home.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Where has this effort been all year??? Its mind boggling how we play decent on the road and pathetic at home. Been that way since Haks been hired. Anyway another strong performance by Patrick. He's not flashy but is starting to show a solid all around game in all 3 zones. When he was drafted I envisioned Joe Thorton but now i'm starting to think Trevor Linden type C. Reminds me of Johansson as well.

Simmonds continues to be impressive and G had a great night as well. Hopefully this energy doesn't die when we get back home.

If patrick can get even faster and improve his shot he will be a 2 way stud

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Conspiracy theory...

Hak's benching of Sanheim was an angle shoot in order to re-insert AMac back in the lineup next game. When Sanheim made that sick play on the Couturier goal it saved his roster spot. Hak knew he couldn't justify his angle anymore.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was an interesting game.
Arizona plays like Vegas on steroids, but with no skill. They're fast and fast to the puck, constantly pressuring you all over the ice, but they also get themselves out of position and give up big scoring chances.
It was a challenge for the Flyers, who tend to play a deliberate game, trying to set things up, and as the game went along, you could see them speeding up their decisionmaking.

The line that struggled the most was the Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek line.
Laughton - Lehtera - NAK hardly played b/c they were overwhelmed.
The Weal line held their own, as did the first line.
The player who fared the best? TK.

Provorov really regressed after a good road trip, and Ghost struggled as well.

And Pickard might be a real goalie, stay tuned.

Reactions: JXC

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Wow 15 pts has the Flyers tied for 2nd, but with also 2 more games played. Eh, its something. Islanders being 1st just goes to show how much coaching can really make a difference. G'night Flyers board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad